Door cards/window switches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door cards/window switches
Hi all,

After a bit of help/advice with my Phase 1!

It's currently got Phase 3 door cards fitted. I was wondering is this a done thing and if so why? (I think it was done when the car was in Fozzy's ownership).

Basically its still got the Phase 1 window switches in the passenger side and I'd like to either put Phase 3 switches in (is it plug and play or fun with the soldering iron?) or put the door cards back to Phase 1.

Thanks!
Ross
Thanks given by:
I did this on my Miami blue dturbo and all I did was swap door looms for ph3s and it all worked.

I did this on your now White dturbo and for some reason the passenger side worked but as soon as plugged the drivers in it didn't work. I got lazy and left ph1 in. I may have had a dodgy loom.

How's the car doing?
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I swapped all the door loom for my 6, but for my MK1 406, I changed the door card and all switch to be MK2, No need to change the loom but need some pin relocation and they can work fine.

I think the 306 can be finish as the 406, As my remember the switch have 5 pins but maybe you can't plug n play !
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Thanks for your help guys. When I get a chance I'll have a play with it and see how I get on. Doesn't bother me too much but something I'd like to do!

The car is good thanks Fozzy! Not long after I bought it from Curt she threw a rod which left me most upset, had it back up and running over a weekend though. Just trying to do a couple of jobs on her, I replaced the rear axle bushes this weekend but otherwise than these couple of bits it's been faultless. I love it. Ticked over 181k today! I've not done anything else to it really, put a new set of number plates on to freshen her up and that's it! Still the same colour wheels as when you had it. I caught one on a curb the other day which upset me so when I tidy that up I might repaint them. You don't remember what colour it was you painted them do you?
Thanks given by:
Good to here it's still going well. Emma will be please she didn't want to sell the car. I will ask her what colour it was as she chose and sprayed the wheels herself. It was an off the shelf colour from halfords.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Light Weight Door Cards TommiePuglet 19 4,215 03-11-2017, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Ben
  Light Weight Door Cards TommiePuglet 2 1,429 29-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Last Post: TommiePuglet
  leak on pasaanger door window seal L16rye 6 2,545 09-11-2016, 11:57 PM
Last Post: L16rye