306 Cab NSF window regulator. How hard can it be?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Cab NSF window regulator. How hard can it be?
Hi Guys,

As some of you know, i have a 2000 plate cab, 

the NSF window will go down about 2" then get stuck. I have identified it to be the wire within the door, so i have ordered a regulator repair kit, as everything else seems to work fine. 

Now, how hard is it to get the regulator out of the door on these things? as they are riveted into the door as well. i have watched a few vids on noobtube, but cant find any info on the cabs windows, they do look different. But is the principle still the same? 

Any help would be greatly recieved, 

Tony.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Having broke in excess of 15+ 306 Cabriolets.
Removing the regulator is very easy...
*Drill rivets
*undo T30 Torx on the rail that holds the glass
*Undo 2 10mm nuts at the bottom of the door
*Wiggle it out

When I'v broken Cabs window regs are the first thing that sells.
Me personally I wouldn't re cable it due to you'll never get it right.
Are you on 306cab.com?
Chris
Thanks given by:
i am Chris, but cannot see half the stuff on there for it being subscription based.

Thanks so much for the How-To Smile , can it really be that easy lol. My personal background is i am a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer and Fitter. cables are my bread and butter, but i dont want to toot my own horn on systems i have yet to see. So i will post how i get on with it when i have had a go at it Smile

Thanks once again Chris.

Regards
Tony.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Very simple Tony, it comes out in a complete unit (Regulator-Rails)
I hope you can work it out, I have 5-6 units here with broken cables that I'v tried to do with no avail.
I'll have a hoot about on there & see if I can copy & paste something here.
Chris
Thanks given by:
Fantastic, Smile Thanks for all your help chris.

I will take pics of my steps, so if i mange to get it working right, then i will post a step by step Smile . see if it helps any one out there.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
Well, i have good news and bad.

Bad news is no How-To yet,
Bad news is the repair kit was the wrong one,

Good news is i have temporarily fixed my window.

I had to completely dismantle it, strip back the broken wires to the ferrules (the bits that go in the pulley, and the slides) then re-assemble the lot.

There is a little trick with the main pulley, and it is a little fiddly, but it is more than do-able by any one who can manage to get the window regulator out.
Once my NEW repair kit arrives, i will post a how to, on how to completely re-wire the regulator. Smile
I had it in and out with in a few hours, and this included 1 coffee break, and 1 cigarette break. so without those including the repairs to the wires, it can be done in about an hours work.

Tony.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
i how posted a How to re-cable a single cable regulator in the guides section.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by: ekjdm14
Hi all,
So I have a 2001 306 cabriolet and am having nothing bit trouble trying to find window regs, does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find some? 

Iv tried Auto Doc, Euro car parts etc etc no luck.

Thanks all
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Window Regulator LewisG 7 1,598 30-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  3dr near side window regulator Penx2 3 1,441 24-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Penx2
  window motor and regulator, 2 different ones? Darren123 4 1,839 30-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Darren123