Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hi, 
I have just bought my first pug :Smile
a 2.0l 306 cab, M reg (2000) in blue, brown leather interior, 

I bought it last night for a nice bargin price, but knew it would have a few faults. 
the engine pulls like a freight train, no ticks, or knocks, solid as a rock. Handles like a go-kart, and stops like an anchor.

My personal experience, is an intermediate home mechanic. I have always done my own work, mostly because i cant afford garage prices. so getting things done can sometimes take time. 

I have owned a few cars in the past, ranging from a Vauxhall Nova Booty, to a Vauxhall Frontera 2.0l Sport off road special. and even a ford Orion 1.6efi Sleeper @ 160bhp. 

I do sort of know my way round a car, and sometimes need a little help finding my way. 

So. issues i have with the car so far 
Front left fog broken.
Passsenger Window regulator broken, (sounds like the wire is frayed)
Electric hood does not work. 
- inspection has found a mirade of issues, from bent actuators, to no fluid in the system, to deteriorated pipes. 

But this introduction is not for fixing my issues, its for introducing my self, and as you can prob tell. i can ramble sometimes. 

Any way, thats a little about myself, more will come as time goes on, but i am a private person, and i do not know any one on here yet. :Smile

Thanks.

Tony.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

Any pics of the car ?

If you want genuine peugeot parts try servicebox (peugeots part system) you can the genuine parts at cheap prices on ebay if you have the part number  . Thats what i used to do .
Thanks given by:
Here she is,
A good inspection, and a wash and wax later Smile

[Image: 7312130A-0D1A-435F-8237-44D5705F9C6A.jpg]

[Image: C2FEFA7E-18D7-4E5E-90D8-7F9C68A0FD54.jpg]

[Image: DA7E4D68-049B-4F0F-878D-923C9ED0B45F.jpg]
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
(25-07-2015, 06:41 PM)insomaniac45 Wrote: Here she is,
A good inspection, and a wash and wax later Smile

[Image: 7312130A-0D1A-435F-8237-44D5705F9C6A.jpg]

[Image: C2FEFA7E-18D7-4E5E-90D8-7F9C68A0FD54.jpg]

[Image: DA7E4D68-049B-4F0F-878D-923C9ED0B45F.jpg]

Looks in good condition .
Any other plans for it ?
Thanks given by:
not really atm, i plan on updating the ICE, and just get her in tip top condition. plenty of little jobs, first on the list is the NSF window regulator. find out whats going on in there Smile.

Is the haynes book of lies actually any good for this car?
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
I might just go get myself a set of those leathers! And the door cards to boot!
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2015, 09:16 PM)insomaniac45 Wrote: not really atm, i plan on updating the ICE, and just get her in tip top condition. plenty of little jobs, first on the list is the NSF window regulator. find out whats going on in there Smile.

Is the haynes book of lies actually any good for this car?

The Haynes manual is pretty good for the 306 . If you need help with anything set up a thread under the correct category and someone will help from here.
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
looks like im not driving her for a little while Sad

Rad has just popped...... water dribbling everywhere from the from valance, New one ordered from Euro, £56 inc delivery... just need them to hurry up and bring it before the sunshine goes away.....

On top of that, i have ordered the correct window regulator, and some window tint. (window tint on a cab. Only for when the roof is up :p )
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
Welcome along, I love that interior! Looks immaculate!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
hello and welcome Smile theres a few southampton members and i believe some of them have cabbys so might be of some help resolving the hood issues Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Thanks Guys Smile

the interiour is ok, apart from the drivers seat has a small rip in the leather, so i need to investigate how to sort that out without having to completely recover the seat Sad

I am sure i will meet them at some point, and thanks Matt Smile

kindest regards

Tony.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
Hi there, you should look up Repair a leather car seat on YouTube there is a great tutorial on there from a company called Furniture Clinic on there...
Thanks given by:
Hi Tony, welcome along! There are a few of us in and around Southampton, if ever you need any help. Myself and Jonny81191 have both had these cars for years and work as mechanics locally, so can probably help you source parts for lower cost if required, provide further info and deal with those jobs beyond the reach of those not fortunate enough to have access to a ramp, welder, impact gun, etc. Always happy to help too, not just here for the money. Wink Jonny may be able to help with that seat too.

Jonny has a cabby himself, you may have seen it around - bright orange and trailing black smoke. lol We often have minor meets locally if ever you do want join faces to the names, although they tend to be fairly impromptu, so perhaps best to just drop one of us a message if you're about of a weekend and fancy a chat.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: insomaniac45
^what he said, beat me to it lol

Welcome along!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by: insomaniac45
Thanks guys, I have not seen Jonnys cabby, as i am actually Eastleigh. (which looking at Jonnys location im even closer....) but the trailing black smoke did make me giggle a little. Smile

I really appreciate the offers for help, and i am sure i may have to take you up on that one day (touch wood)
I my self am not far from the church on derby road. Smile I am in most weekends, and would love for you guys to just give her your educated eye. As i do intend on keeping her for a long time, as she is my new long term project. Smile

So if you fancy a coffee, feel free to pop over anytime after 8 Smile

kindest regards
Tony.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
Welcome, nice interior! Big Grin
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2015, 03:53 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Welcome, nice interior! Big Grin

Thanks Pebbles, and it will be!

At the moment, it is quite grimey, it looks like it has never been properly looked after. So this evening i intend to use my wifes saddle soap (leather care cleaner for saddles) on the hard areas like the door cards, and try a little on the seats. It helps moisturise and clean the leather. Once it is all clean, i can then see how bad it all is. :Sad

But it is on my list of things to fix. I want this car to look perfect, as i intend to keep it for some years.  Rofl
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
I have a pretty much new rad that'll fit, if you wanted to come and get it I'm just over in Bishopstoke.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(12-08-2015, 06:16 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I have a pretty much new rad that'll fit, if you wanted to come and get it I'm just over in Bishopstoke.

Where were you last week  Confused  

it popped on me big style, The old rad was being held together with silicon sealant, i though to get a few more weeks out of it i put some rad weld in. it sealed it alright. But the system was too far gone and could not hold the pressure. So she split all along the lower channel. 

I have replaced it with a new one from euro carparts. but if you have any speakers going, mine fart worse than the cowboys in Blazing Saddles.......  Itwasntme 

As i said, she is a long term project, and there are minor issues all over, but luckily the engine is not one of them  Rofl  (touch wood) 
Main things to do so far -
Interior clean and fix - drivers seat split, and just general grime on the leather. 
front bumper - split along to edge, and bottom supports snapped.
Rear Bumper - impact zone on rear left, needs pulling and flattening, then sealing with epoxy or resin. and re-painting.
Brakes - although they work, they are not as sharp as i would like them
Alloys - general scuff marks, need sanding off, filling, and re-painting.
body work. - small dent in left front quarter - stone chips in bonnet, scuff marks on front splitter, scratches on pretty much every panel. (none are too deep, but will need scratch repair) 
Hood - hydraulics failed - small issue with rear inside cover, (come away from frame). 

So as you can see. its a small list. but nothing major. I like to tinker. So its the perfect car for me 

Here she is, after her 2nd wash. 
The roof is getting blacker. Its hard to spot the areas that need attention when the roof is wet. 

[Image: B086BE31-1EF1-4B2C-8914-C7C70FCC551D.jpg]
[Image: 6A0465D4-ACEA-4B75-8C51-DDDF05646701.jpg]
[Image: 0E8D4F67-AEEE-4C19-A978-0AF8E045338B.jpg]
[Image: 42F70694-8F75-4991-BE07-19BF449FB51F.jpg]
[Image: 15705857-9745-46C6-A805-83835C84B888.jpg]
[Image: 852C35F0-FD30-4F35-9D68-1DD688963A54.jpg]
[Image: 30A61EEB-B1E3-47D9-B66B-749F1FD900AA.jpg]

The pics really do show her in better light. but i am a perfectionist. So expect her to improve, it wont be over night, but it will be piece by piece :Smile

Tony.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
I'm near the tescos fuel station, just off the top of Twyford road. We'll have to pop over one evening and have a look.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers Smile , btw Tea or Coffee? im not too good at tea as i dont drink it :p

Tony.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
that looks pretty tidy! Will be a nice project! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2015, 07:42 PM)insomaniac45 Wrote: [Image: 852C35F0-FD30-4F35-9D68-1DD688963A54.jpg]
[Image: 30A61EEB-B1E3-47D9-B66B-749F1FD900AA.jpg]

The pics really do show her in better light. but i am a perfectionist. So expect her to improve, it wont be over night, but it will be piece by piece :Smile

Tony.

Is that your own personal cat there? Dont show pebbles or he will make you an honoury member of 'Team Pussy' (not half as bad as the name might suggest to the more dirty minded amongst us!) lol

Certainly looks very clean indeed! Big Grin

Also i havent seen blazing saddles in years! I now know what i shall be watching this evening lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yep, thats Lucifer. Excuse the name, but my daughter chose it as at the time she was heavily cinderella mad...... but he certainly lives up to his name.

I am currently training him to stay off my roof.... he does not like it, but at least hes getting a bath. lol.

Will be posting in project thread very soon, as im about to tackle my front bumper issues, with a box of fiberglass kit, and some angle iron Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
Shiny car and cutie cat !

It's look like my cat and as my experience, all the cabbie roof will have the trouble with the cat !
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Cute!!!!!!

you obviously dont know him then  Rofl

put it this way, for the 3rd time this week, i have had to get him out of the house, with the live bird still in his mouth.....  
He purposely sits by the side of the car or fence waiting for ANY dog to walk past, (It does not matter the size, as yesterday it was a big, chocolate colored lab) just so he can jump out at them and have a go...... He lives up to his name outside of the house.

The car is currently looking a but sad, as i am slowly working my way round her fixing all the little scratches and stone chips. 
It going to be a long process, but once finished, she will have an almost flawless paint work, and hopefully like glass too  Cool
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by: