Pug1Off - Tuning Packages

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pug1Off - Tuning Packages
Not sure this is in the correct section - Mods please move if needed.

What are peoples thoughts on the stage 3 tuning package from Pug1off?
http://www.pug1off.com/tuning_306xsara.html

Has anyone had this done?
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't have thought so. Seems an extortionate amount of money.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Lol I've got the same cams and ecu they do in the 1340 package,but mine cost me a few hundred Smile Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Sure it seems expensive, but if you're not prepared or have the knowledge/time/skills to take apart the cylinder head and fit camshafts, then it's pretty cheap in reality. £750 for the work of a cambelt change and a new pair of camshafts isn't all that bad all things considered.

Although IMHO fitting camshafts without a remap is pretty pointless!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 01:06 PM)Ruan Wrote: Although IMHO fitting camshafts without a remap is pretty pointless!

I *think* the kit comes with a new unlocked ECU with a generic map on it to take into account the cams.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Quote:Stage 1 tuning involves the fitment of an entry level pair of camshafts, retaining a good idle, without the need for a remap.

Just saying Tongue
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 01:26 PM)Ruan Wrote:
Quote:Stage 1 tuning involves the fitment of an entry level pair of camshafts, retaining a good idle, without the need for a remap.

Just saying Tongue

haha fair enough. I just skipped straight to the stage 3 if I'm honest Tongue
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nigh on 4 grand for 38bhp?!?!? *faints*
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 03:01 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Nigh on 4 grand for 38bhp?!?!? *faints*

Que xud boys saying they can gain that with a 13mm spanner and a flat screwdriver... ........
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 03:01 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Nigh on 4 grand for 38bhp?!?!? *faints*

5 if you want some headwork done while its in bits!!

a low boost rotrex kit from lynx is 3500 (+750 for them to fit it) for 250bhp
http://www.lynxpowerengineering.co.uk/sc.aspx
Thanks given by:
TBH although it's on the steep side it's not ridiculous.

A pair of cams if £500 odd usually plus 5 hours to fit at £50/hour, not unfair.

For the rest of the pricing go from there and remember they are a business with the sole intention of making money.

As for stage 3, only 10bhp more than stage 2 for bodies and a ported head. Think I might be looking at bigger injectors or somebody better to do the mapping.

Personally I'd be buying the parts separately myself and paying a local garage to fit them.
Thanks given by:
If we learnt anything from the track session at FCS though, buying all the kit doesn't make you a race car *cough* green 106 *cough*
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
i suppose they are aimed at the "I HAZ MONEES MAKE CAR FAZTR" crew *cough peg cough* rather than people with any common sense..

£5000 for a stage3....

when considering it costs £7200 to have a 4.0litre V8 TVR engine completely rebuild, bored to 5 litres, re-sleeved with all of the additional work, (below is a lisut of what you get for that)

Parts
Pistons
Con rods
Main bearings
Big end bearings
Camshaft
Vernier chain set
Hydraulic lifters
Complete engine gasket set
Spark plugs
Modified EPROM

Oil Pump Gears
Double valve springs
Large valves
Crankshaft
LABOUR:
Re balance crankshaft assy
Lighten flywheel
Port cylinder heads
Strip & rebuild engine
3 Angle valve seats
Line hone
Skim block
Skim heads
Cc chambers
Balance rods & pistons
Port intake plenum
Modify trumpet base
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
It is really intended for the "money isn't an issue, don't want to get my hands dirty" type of people I reckon. Think I'd be looking at a V6 conversion myself, bet that could be done for under a grand. I was always against that route but having driven one, it doesn't really affect the handling much at all.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
If you've got that money to spunk, v6!
Thanks given by:
Best bang for your buck surely has to be the second hand supercharger route? £3k all in with sum1 else to fit I'd reckon. Less if u can get the right gear at the right price.

V6 is a good swap for instant 210bhp but there isn't much tuning potential beyond that without large outlay.

I'll go low boost eventually as 240bhp and just over 1100kg will keep me up with all the vxr stuff and focus st etc which is all we get around here.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
If you dont want to get your hands dirty and youve got the money then its good that there is a company willing to do the work. I dont see why people have a problem. Its a low volume business and you pay for that!
Thanks given by:
Just bought a low boost for 2800 just saying Tongue
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 04:57 PM)Orta Wrote: Best bang for your buck surely has to be the second hand supercharger route? £3k all in with sum1 else to fit I'd reckon. Less if u can get the right gear at the right price.

V6 is a good swap for instant 210bhp but there isn't much tuning potential beyond that without large outlay.

I'll go low boost eventually as 240bhp and just over 1100kg will keep me up with all the vxr stuff and focus st etc which is all we get around here.

V6 also has really good torque.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
V6 has less torque than a boosted jrs, can probably get more torque out of a TU with a blower

Contrary to popular belief .... there is replacement for displacement
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 04:27 PM)lolsteve Wrote: If we learnt anything from the track session at FCS though, buying all the kit doesn't make you a race car *cough* green 106 *cough*

exactly this 

I now going to dig out the french car mag with it in.

Not wanting to go off subject but never seen a track car featured in that mag on curcuit.

Spoke to a guy at pugfest in a 206 turbo thing on pug1off stand rollcage buckets etc.asked him if he was going to run up the hill and he looks at me like ve fisted his missus lol 

ok steve I found the french cars feature of it 

[attachment=24483]

Says it's 210 bhp normal and 300 for track lol
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 08:10 PM)thododd Wrote: V6 has less torque than a boosted jrs, can probably get more torque out of a TU with a blower

Contrary to popular belief .... there is replacement for displacement

But you aren't looking it correctly. They make about the same actually but the v6 makes about 185lbft from 1800rpm.
Shame about the weight addition but the low charged couldn't stick with my old rallye v6

2L with decent cams and bodies for me.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 08:23 PM)7057sam Wrote: Spoke to a guy at pugfest in a 206 turbo thing on pug1off stand rollcage buckets etc.asked him if he was going to run up the hill and he looks at me like if fisted his missus lol

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl

f*cking quote of the year there mate!

Someone give this man a medal at the Christmas meet.
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
There a business with a reputation which people pay for, yes they make a lot of show cars but they have also made some pretty good race cars for instance the saxo of Simon James that's won pretty much every race in the tricolour trophy this year.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 08:23 PM)7057sam Wrote:
(19-07-2015, 04:27 PM)lolsteve Wrote: If we learnt anything from the track session at FCS though, buying all the kit doesn't make you a race car *cough* green 106 *cough*

Spoke to a guy at pugfest in a 206 turbo thing on pug1off stand rollcage buckets etc.asked him if he was going to run up the hill and he looks at me like ve fisted his missus lol 

Even I was keeping up with green road block on my cool down laps at FCS

That the red 206? Like 400bhp!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 08:47 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(19-07-2015, 08:23 PM)7057sam Wrote:

Even I was keeping up with green road block on my cool down laps at FCS

Is that when you got rovertaken?

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 08:59 PM)toseland Wrote: 600..

Yeah probably with all the go faster stickers.
Thanks given by:
I overtook that green 106 too.... one of the few things i did overtake...
Thanks given by:
I recall getting past a few things Wink

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  phone and broadband packages Chris_90 18 2,842 04-09-2014, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Ican
Wink Pug1off eat your heart out - Ridiculous 205 content inside. Dum-Dum 8 2,418 25-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Home interenet packages C.A.R. 26 4,048 22-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: cwspellowe