Pug1Off - Tuning Packages

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pug1Off - Tuning Packages
(20-07-2015, 02:33 PM)Ruan Wrote: Because they don't want a Renault Megane or a VXR? I sure as hell don't, I fully appreciate people wanting one, but they're not for everyone...

Having driven an R26 for an extended period and seriously considered buying one and having a few good drives in a Mk5 GTi and a VXR I ended up not buying one and sticking with a 306... They're OK etc but found them a bit dull to drive unless you were flat out doing way in excess of the speed limit...

Horses for courses!!

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Megane is a very nice car, VXR i don't like because its a vauxhall and i just hate vauxhalls!
But the thing that makes the 306 so good is you can thrash the tits off of it, bang it into corners and you're never really going stupid speeds. This is my issue with things like most modern hot hatches, scoobies etc...Yeah, they are great fun but you have to be doing silly speeds to have that fun.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 02:29 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(19-07-2015, 04:57 PM)Orta Wrote: Best bang for your buck surely has to be the second hand supercharger route? £3k all in with sum1 else to fit I'd reckon. Less if u can get the right gear at the right price.

V6 is a good swap for instant 210bhp but there isn't much tuning potential beyond that without large outlay.

I'll go low boost eventually as 240bhp and just over 1100kg will keep me up with all the vxr stuff and focus st etc which is all we get around here.

Why would anyone throw that sort of money at a 306 when you could just buy a renaultsport megane for circa 3k, have it mapped / modded (+ £600) too 280bhp and have an epicically fun car to drive / own thats going to really anihilate most vxr's / ST's etc in a straight line and definitely destroy them  through the bends?

Because if it is 1997+18 you need to be at least a little bit mental to drive a 306 in the first place. Big Grin
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Only Throttle bodies & map / 2.5 exhaust & plate Diff on mine & it seems to go ok  Rofl

Just removing unneeded weight next week !

It's all about usable power Not just power figures on tracks or hill climbs !!!!!

Having Fun & having the best time ever in my 306  Inlove
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 04:00 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: ^^ This..

Even the best XUD's on here are what, sub 250hp? (Don't get me wrong, that's impressive) But either of those cars with just a remap alone would be substantially more powerful.. Comparing a highly tuned car to a stock one isn't exactly a great comparison either though

Don't want to get into the debate but I just thought I'd update you. There's a couple over 250bhp. One was roaded at just under 270 bhp and 360 ft/lb a while ago and it's been tweaked at Mr Lobbs since too :-) I know they are exceptions to the rule but nonetheless they do exist Smile
Thanks given by:
Come on i could of bought an r35 gtr with what ive put into mine but id like to think mone is a bit special and different. Im all for each to their own cars etc but im now to the point of crying with hearing about derv 306 being faster than many modern hot hatches. Its a diesel its never going to be a rocket. They sre never gonna keep up with a 2 litre or more turbo charged petrol engine. There are loads of reasons why. But like i said each to their own. Its all about having fun. There will always be a faster car

Further more it always amazes me that dyno figures on this forum are always an exact number.
Thanks given by:
Must of been a 1.4 replica then dressed as a VXR
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 09:13 PM)fatlapit Wrote: Further more it always amazes me that dyno figures on this forum are always an exact number.

Does that really matter though? Its all well and good saying i have xxx BHP but them figures don't really matter. Its about power delivery. Tbh i don't know why i still advertise my figures. When it goes back for mapping towards the end of the year i probably won't bother even telling people figures.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Forum figures always amaze me but never mind. Im off to the mappers also ready for next season.
Thanks given by:
P
(19-07-2015, 10:58 AM)mackat Wrote: Not sure this is in the correct section - Mods please move if needed.

What are peoples thoughts on the stage 3 tuning package from Pug1off?
http://www.pug1off.com/tuning_306xsara.html

Has anyone had this done?

I have their stage 2 setup and have been really impressed with the car they have built me. Great fun to drive since upgrading.
im not as mechanically skilled as alot of the guys on this forum but earn money and want a nice car.
Allways been really happy with the service Matt and the guys offer, since I blew my gearbox up and they replaced it cheaper than anyone else could in my area.
since then I have used them for everything I cant do myself.
stage 3 wise I would love to go for it. Hell of a sound and as much power as I could ever need.
just alot of money....
also just noticed my car is famous. Its on the rollers on the link you put up. Ha.
Thanks given by: mackat
(20-07-2015, 03:30 PM)ADV_93 Wrote:
(19-07-2015, 04:57 PM)Orta Wrote: Best bang for your buck surely has to be the second hand supercharger route? £3k all in with sum1 else to fit I'd reckon. Less if u can get the right gear at the right price.

V6 is a good swap for instant 210bhp but there isn't much tuning potential beyond that without large outlay.

I'll go low boost eventually as 240bhp and just over 1100kg will keep me up with all the vxr stuff and focus st etc which is all we get around here.

Why would anyone throw that sort of money at a 306 when you could just buy a renaultsport megane for circa 3k, have it mapped / modded (+ £600) too 280bhp and have an epicically fun car to drive / own thats going to really anihilate most vxr's / ST's etc in a straight line and definitely destroy them  through the bends?

A well tuned XUD will stick a VXR and beat an ST all day

f*cking lol 

I still waiting for a highly tuned lightweight gtd to stay with a standard powerd 6 with full interior and a passenger
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 09:54 PM)7057sam Wrote:

f*cking lol 

I still waiting for a highly tuned lightweight gtd to stay with a standard powerd 6 with full interior and a passenger

My Sigma used to pull on Kent's GTi6... It was only top end of 4th he'd pull me and over take...
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 10:03 PM)ADV_93 Wrote:

f*cking lol 

My Sigma used to pull on Kent's GTi6... It was only top end of 4th he'd pull me and over take...

Sorry I meant In tempts of drivable on track 

Yes straight line I'd be slaughtered but on a curcuit it gets very interesting
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I can tell you now a well executed xud will laugh at focus st and vxrs on the street. Round a track is ofc a totally dofferent fact
Thanks given by:
Tbh I can confirm.

A stage 3 hdi it's bang on in line with my gti6 up to 120mph. (Private road)
Atlas xud was infront of my gti6 till about top end of 3rd when I started creeping and then 4th I wad infront. (Private road)
Crumps xud owned a vxr last week, but didn't get change to see what is like against the gti6 as he killed his clutch.

My advice is, don't buy a 306.
But a double decker bus!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 10:12 PM)7057sam Wrote:
(20-07-2015, 10:03 PM)ADV_93 Wrote:
(20-07-2015, 02:29 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Why would anyone throw that sort of money at a 306 when you could just buy a renaultsport megane for circa 3k, have it mapped / modded (+ £600) too 280bhp and have an epicically fun car to drive / own thats going to really anihilate most vxr's / ST's etc in a straight line and definitely destroy them  through the bends?

f*cking lol 

Sorry I meant In tempts of drivable on track 

Yes straight line I'd be slaughtered but on a curcuit it gets very interesting

Definitely. Tracks is another level. Should be interesting next year at FCS!

(20-07-2015, 10:15 PM)deggerz Wrote: I can tell you now a well executed xud will laugh at focus st and vxrs on the street. Round a track is ofc a totally dofferent fact

DS3 will beat all on a track. "is that all u got m8" - DS3east
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
GTi6s are really not that fast.
Modern turbocharged hot hatches are moderately brisk.
XUDs aren't that quick either, they will mostly overheat.
Straight line performance is bullshit.
Trackdays are not the place to see who's car is faster.

It doesn't matter.

People who just say "omg petrolz r wel fastah dan deezels cause dem revz doe" are a bit deluded.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I'd argue track days are the only place to see who's car is faster, in terms of covering all the bases.

Traffic light grand prix and long straights I've been had by modern diesels. Once I was driving an Evo only to have a 535d blast past!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 11:52 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: I'd argue track days are the only place to see who's car is faster, in terms of covering all the bases.

Traffic light grand prix and long straights I've been had by modern diesels. Once I was driving an Evo only to have a 535d blast past!
To be fair though track days have alot more things to consider, i mean you could have testes like cadburys mini eggs and i could have testes like footballs
Thanks given by:
Petrols are fastest. Especially 1.4's, undeniable fact.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 05:49 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: The Megane 225 isn't a bad car at all, in fact it's very good, but I'd have a '6 or Rallye anyday. Yes, the Megane corners far faster, goes far faster, has far more comforts and a great gearbox, but it feels dead compared to a 306. The 306 feels lively, and you can feel its limits easier, the Megane gives you very little warning. The Megane would destroy a '6 round a track or on the road but since when is fun all about outright pace? The 306 is far more fun, and that's what interests me.

The gearbox is the meganes MAJOR weakpoint liam lol standard renault chocolate gearbox Tongue

(20-07-2015, 06:30 PM)Piggy Wrote: Thing I always say to such owners of such cars is...

Anyone can buy a fast car and drive it like a looney.

Not everyone can build a fast car and drive it like a stig!

Bollocks! yes anyone can buy a fast car but to drive it consistently and productively fast takes balls / skill & madness in equal measure.

Building a car and buying a car produce the same end result. driving it is another thing altogether!

Like i said theres a good reason im on this forum and its because for some weird reason i really really have a weakness for crappy old french cars. they have character! but for all of you with the blinkers on at FCS and all the various action days etc.. the Rsport megs were decimating everything on track because they are built for that purpose.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Who cares what's faster than what anyway? For one thing, if you're racing on a public road then you shouldn't have a license. Secondly, so what if some shitty Astra is faster than a '6? Why do we drive fast cars, is it to enjoy the power and handling, or to feel like we're better than everyone else? When did this become one big willy waving contest?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2015, 07:28 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Who cares what's faster than what anyway? For one thing, if you're racing on a public road then you shouldn't have a license. Secondly, so what if some shitty Astra is faster than a '6? Why do we drive fast cars, is it to enjoy the power and handling, or to feel like we're better than everyone else? When did this become one big willy waving contest?
Its to enjoy the power and handling ofc, but you saying we should only enjoy that when we go round a track for half an hour per year?
Thanks given by:
Maybe I should correct my statement...

Castle Combe action days with 15 minutes of track time are not the place. Go to Bedford / Llandow / Mallory / Anglesey and go to a full day together... Then you'll see.

Overtaking one car in a 15 minute session I'd hardly say is conclusive evidence.. Meh that's me..

But frankly who gives a shit.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2015, 07:54 AM)deggerz Wrote:
(21-07-2015, 07:28 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Who cares what's faster than what anyway? For one thing, if you're racing on a public road then you shouldn't have a license. Secondly, so what if some shitty Astra is faster than a '6? Why do we drive fast cars, is it to enjoy the power and handling, or to feel like we're better than everyone else? When did this become one big willy waving contest?
Its to enjoy the power and handling ofc, but you saying we should only enjoy that when we go round a track for half an hour per year?

No, I'm saying enjoy it without racing. Get out on quiet country roads, where you can enjoy it without even breaking the speed limit much. Racing on public roads is an accident waiting to happen, believe me I know.

And who says you can only go to a track half an hour a year by the way? There's track days most weekend!
Thanks given by:
This thread is absolutely hilarious.

Kids.

I've got a 1.3 carb 309 with 57 horsepowwas and a 1.7 diesel astra with 130 horsepowwas. I couldn't honestly give two shits if a Focus ST 'beats me on the straight'

Shows that fine line between kids & adults, what does it matter if another car is or isn't a bit quicker? Why not just enjoy the car you choose to own?
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2015, 08:08 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: This thread is absolutely hilarious.

Kids.

I've got a 1.3 carb 309 with 57 horsepowwas and a 1.7 diesel astra with 130 horsepowwas. I couldn't honestly give two shits if a Focus ST 'beats me on the straight'

Shows that fine line between kids & adults, what does it matter if another car is or isn't a bit quicker? Why not just enjoy the car you choose to own?
I actually agree...

OMG it's the apocalypse.
Thanks given by: 1616six
Willy waving
Thanks given by:
jebus crisp all i did was point out what car I would personally have for that specific purpose and sum of money lol Didnt ask anyone to agree with me.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Fun and speed are not intrinsically linked. Just linked on a broad scale that changes depending on your outlook.

Deggerz is spot on about the Kahuna's though, some are most certainly bigger than others!

As regards Castle Combe, pretty much everything I own goes flying around that track once I'm familiar with the vehicle. Not to put in a laptime but to test it's overall speed and ability (often limited by my ability)
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
who cares whos faster its about having safe fun within the law! which means not using the roads to push your limits

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  phone and broadband packages Chris_90 18 2,847 04-09-2014, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Ican
Wink Pug1off eat your heart out - Ridiculous 205 content inside. Dum-Dum 8 2,422 25-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Home interenet packages C.A.R. 26 4,049 22-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: cwspellowe