Forge Action Day - September 12th 2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: Forge Action Day - September 12th 2015
(29-07-2015, 09:15 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Yeah I claimed one of the free ones as normaly I'm all over this but my heart just isn't in combe any more and seeing that I can do blyton park for a full day for £120, is closer, old housemate is going and is different

Kinda same thing here won't be attending this time as I have got a works go kart day and giving my boss whiplash is far more important lol

Love combe but done it enough and it's 60 in fuel they and then 60 in track time.

potentiality doing cadwell next week for 35 pound for a afternoon session
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
i plan to do a full day a combe on the 15th sept with a few friends rather make a full day of it
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Exactly sam, think they're getting a bit greedy and will have no part in it.
Chris on think Rowell was interested too so I'll message you when we know what the plan is Smile
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Just remember the cost of fuel and tyres on a full track day. Be prepared to double the initial price of the booking.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
No trackday pass for me as no car sutable Sad

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Get the HDi round Wink
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2015, 06:58 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Get the HDi round Wink

unfair on other users bringing the smog machine I'm working anyway Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(30-07-2015, 05:47 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Exactly sam, think they're getting a bit greedy and will have no part in it.
Chris on think Rowell was interested too so I'll message you when we know what the plan is Smile

Would nt mind doing that track at Merseyside could all come up and make a weekend of it.
Thanks given by:
I'll keep you lot posted then when we know what we're doing.

True Chris but combe would cost me more in the fuel anyway to get there
Also if it was open pit it would allow for a bit of fine tuning of the damper settings rather than having to guess with 2 sessions

1. Niall
2. lolsteve 
3. Nathan1305
4. Tom-zxvolcane
5. Piggy
6.Mrs Piggy?! - Is that ok?! Ruan
7. Connor
8. Anton
9. Lwilliams
10. SRowell

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I may do only one session.
Just to test the cooling system more tham anything
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Will be a reserve for a ticket Smile

Thanks given by:
Right guys, some bad news really. I contacted Combe for some additional stand passes and no luck. More people are welcome to come at £12 a ticket but that will be in public parking.
Im quite disappointed to be honest as last year they were very flexible. We currently have one stand pass left for first come first served claim.

Apologies all!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Me please

Thanks given by:
Boo to combe the greedy ****s

Thanks given by:
(03-08-2015, 07:30 PM)Niall Wrote: Right guys, some bad news really. I contacted Combe for some additional stand passes and no luck. More people are welcome to come at £12 a ticket but that will be in public parking.
Im quite disappointed to be honest as last year they were very flexible. We currently have one stand pass left for first come first served claim.

Apologies all!

So I'll be on the stand? And mrs piggy will be in public parking.

Stuff that.

My free ticket is up for grabs.

We're going to miniday I think.

£35 for 15mins (10 if we are lucky) on track and a pathetic club stand support... They can shove it.

Appreciate the effort though Niall. It's not you i'm peeved with. 

Robbing gits.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Saving my money for a whole day somwhere or going into the pot for nurburgring 16.....
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2015, 09:37 PM)7057sam Wrote: Saving my money for a whole day somwhere or going into the pot for nurburgring 16.....

Yeah I'll do a whole day too I think
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2015, 09:42 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 09:37 PM)7057sam Wrote: Saving my money for a whole day somwhere or going into the pot for nurburgring 16.....

Yeah I'll do a whole day too I think

Even half day/evening sessions are 70-90 witch is open pit,on/off as much as you like and far less crowded
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2015, 09:27 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 07:30 PM)Niall Wrote: Right guys, some bad news really. I contacted Combe for some additional stand passes and no luck. More people are welcome to come at £12 a ticket but that will be in public parking.

Apologies all!

So I'll be on the stand? And mrs piggy will be in public parking.

Stuff that.

My free ticket is up for grabs.

We're going to miniday I think.

£35 for 15mins (10 if we are lucky) on track and a pathetic club stand support... They can shove it.

Appreciate the effort though Niall. It's not you i'm peeved with. 

Robbing gits.

Stop being such a pain, and stop with your posts full of righteous indignation.

Combe Action Day sessions are £35 It's always been £35, occasionally more. It's a normal price. You were happy to pay £7 for 30 seconds at pugfest.

Trackdays cost, if you intend to start doing It more regularly then you need to get used to it. If you spent as much time driving your car as you do talking about it then you wouldn't be so shocked. 

As for the clubstand, if you are so concerned why don't you both come in one car? The tickets are for members, not your spouse. Sorry. The 'stand' is invariably always in a place that isn't regulated anyway, so she could probably park at the stand location.

Jeez..
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by: Sian , 1616six
Pretty sure we've gotten it for £25 before with the early bird, didn't see that this year. Perhaps we were too late for it ...

£35 is fine for those who want a taster but I think quite a few of us enjoy going on for extended periods and Action days are not satisfying that itch so to speak.
You spend a long time in ques to get on for 10 minutes and spend most of that stuck behind a Subaru doing 30 on the corners and refusing to let you past.
As said for a taster its fine but spending £70 on track time, £70 on fuel (3 hours either way) and £xx on food and drink for effectively 20 minutes of actual racing seems a bit dear when there are more local tracks that do full days for £120 odd

FCS style pricing was about right imo, enough time to get your moneys worth.

Thanks given by:
I agree completely, it's not great value for money. But as an action day it's a taster like you've said. I prefer full days in many ways but it's a different ball park. I've gotten time at £25 before also but you're right, it isn't always available.

Sorry Piggy for coming across as irate, that wasn't my intent when I wrote it.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Goats cheese?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I'm not upset with anyone on here...

Its a collection of things. I would have a go on one slot tbh and be there... But if they are only guna let 10 cars on the stand and everyome else needs to park in public parking... What sort of stand is that!? Just the nail in the coffin for me thats all.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You have misunderstood.

10 cars get on stand for free. The rest have to pay.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2015, 10:52 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: You have misunderstood.

Nial clearly posted above that any more than 10 will be in public parking??

Not sure what I have misunderstood there??

Confused Huh

Apologies all!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My ticket may be up for grabs, I've recently joined a football team and the season starts soon, may have a game on the 12th so I shall let you know ASAP, sorry to be a pain
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2015, 10:52 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: You have misunderstood.

(06-08-2015, 11:19 AM)Piggy Wrote: Nial clearly posted above that any more than 10 will be in public parking??

Not sure what I have misunderstood there??

Confused Huh

Apologies all!

Its fairly clear. 10 Cars on stand. No additional passes or stand space available. Anyone else is essentially just a visiting member of the public to the event.
Thanks given by:
Yeah so that just sucks.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2015, 01:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah so that just sucks.

yep. Havent you got a space for your other half now though? I dont know if im going so possibly a space there once ive decided.
Thanks given by:
I'm just not sure its fair on others. If I take a spot, others cant. That plus costs. Rather put cash in savings for next years tracktime
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 08/09/18 Eeyore 15 15,936 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: cully
  Snetterton 20th September 306gtiparts 1 2,043 14-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 09/09/17 Eeyore 14 15,727 30-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000