which sensor feeds the temp gauge?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which sensor feeds the temp gauge?
Question 
sorry if I'm being a tard, my temp gauge is reading super cool since I changed my oil cooler after the old one failed, I'm wondering if having oil in the cooling system has goosed the sensor, I did flush it out but probs could have done a slightly better job, I know the sensor on top of the rad kicks the fans in, does that send a signal to the temp gauge as well?? Cheers peeps Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
No signal to the temp gauge is blue one behind fuel filter from memory
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I remembered just after I posted this lol, any experience of them giving false readings?

Starting to think oil in system has knackered the thermostat sticking it open, makes more sense I reckon.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
How cool?

The engine I put in recently was sitting at 70 degrees, changed the stat at the weekend and now it's just below 80 like the old engine.
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2016, 12:02 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: How cool?

The engine I put in recently was sitting at 70 degrees, changed the stat at the weekend and now it's just below 80 like the old engine.

yeah about 70 fella, gotta be thermostat, helps thinking out loud lol Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temp gauge raising Danaidh 14 1,915 06-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
Exclamation Oil feeds Cbray2003 1 861 17-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Temp gauge don't work!! CJRODELL 2 1,068 12-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Last Post: CJRODELL