Diesel Fuel Additive Treatment best ever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel Fuel Additive Treatment best ever
Hello all,
Just got my bottle of Diesel Power Ecomax Fuel Additive Treatment.
Best £10 i have spent!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181097484621?_...EBIDX%3AIT
After using only one shot, i've got more miles and better power and responce.
Used on my bothers 306 1.9 TD, my 307 2.0 HDI, Dad's C-max 2.0 TDCI and Uncle's Audi A3 2.0 TDI.
Would highly recomend!
Cheers.
Shaz
Thanks given by:
how many bhps did it add?
Thanks given by:
The placebo effect is excellent with this particular additive Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Been using this for a while, never noticed an increase in mpg. Did feel slightly quieter/smoother. 
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2015, 12:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: The placebo effect is excellent with this particular additive Smile

placebos are getting more expensive it seems
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2015, 06:15 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(26-06-2015, 12:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: The placebo effect is excellent with this particular additive Smile

Haha true, I very occasionally buy half price redex at £2 to chuck in with the svo, raise the cetane a bit, really ought to buy some proper cetane booster again Tongue
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Funny i was just about to post this to see if any one has benefit from cetain boosters lol
Thanks given by:
Sorry but this sounds like shit to me.

I've used redex, STP, noname Ebay shit and they all do the square root of sod all.

I've seen better results from BP Ultimate diesel and/or 2 stroke oil. Pushed from 55mpg (average since time began) to almost 56 (done over 5 tanks worth for each)

Noticed a small reduction in knock, and that's it.

Unless you're running mega boost, total waste of money.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I put this in the same basket as those special magnet gizmos. The sellers claim they do all kinds of magical stuff when you attach them to fuel lines, beer lines! etc. Copper wrist bracelets also come to mind.

The Millers bottle says it adds up to 4 cetane numbers. So that can be anywhere between 0 and 4 ... probably 0.

Wiki says ' ... higher-cetane fuel usually causes an engine to run more smoothly and quietly. This does not necessarily translate into greater efficiency, although it may in certain engines.'

Steve
Thanks given by:
In fairness I've used the millers stuff and it's one of the best but I CBA with adding it every tank.
Thanks given by:
Diesel Rhino is "supposed" to be better than Millers http://www.dieselrhino.co.uk/

They all use cetane so I suppose you could just use that straight which is a lot cheaper http://www.trinity-research.co.uk/product_info.php?     http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201078885372?s...rmvSB=true

I have been using 2 stroke and can't say I noticed any difference and I came across this so I am wondering now if I am wasting my time now. http://www.fuelexpert.co.za/2-stroke-oil...-study.php
Thanks given by:
Here is a thought. On Peugeots people get the dreaded and annoying injector rattle. If people are correct in saying that this is because the injectors can't close fast enough and spray in too much on the pre-injection then that means you wouldn't want a high cetane rating surely?
I mean the higher the cetane the faster it ignites. However if it is igniting a large explosion on the pre-injection due to injector problems then that would significantly raise the cylinder pressures during the upwards stroke. If you had a much lower cetane it would delay the pre-injection explosion possibly back to the original explosion timing position?
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2015, 09:50 PM)Martin306 Wrote: Sorry but this sounds like shit to me.

I've used redex, STP, noname Ebay shit and they all do the square root of sod all.

I've seen better results from BP Ultimate diesel and/or 2 stroke oil. Pushed from 55mpg (average since time began) to almost 56 (done over 5 tanks worth for each)

Noticed a small reduction in knock, and that's it.

Unless you're running mega boost, total waste of money.

I agree with you martin, I chucked in some Redex in my Dturbo and it did f*ck all, shoved some ultimate BP in like you did and I noticed the car responded better, and didn't smoke as much at start up and it was more responsive too, and the mpg was better, my dad then switched to the ultimate stuff too, and he was saving 40 quid a month! 
I used to mix the two, with the standard stuff and with the ultimate, ran it half way with the standard stuff and top up with the ultimate. The HDI seems to run better,   
Thanks given by:
Yeah the ultimate does "work" if you like Tongue

But I've only tested it on my 1.5 NAD so not really much improvements to be had there hehe but I did have smoother starting!

Maybe it's just down to it being more refined than regular diesel rather than it's cetane rating and additives etc.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Just use some vpower. Seems to do the trick, cleans shit and better mpg
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Guys!
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2015, 06:35 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(26-06-2015, 06:15 PM)Piggy Wrote:

Haha true, I very occasionally buy half price redex at £2 to chuck in with the svo, raise the cetane a bit, really ought to buy some proper cetane booster again Tongue
you run SVO? coolio!
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2015, 11:51 AM)Eeyore Wrote: how many bhps did it add?

lol,   i will make sure i put some in before a dino run :Smile  Rofl
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What type of diesel fuel? JTaylor2005 94 21,679 04-06-2018, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005