Phase 2 306 Sedan Impulse Buy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 2 306 Sedan Impulse Buy
That's why it kept getting air in, I'm a dick. Just sorted it there now. Noob mistake and all that. Thanks for the advice!

So a few simple things arrived today, new mist washer jets, that actually hit the centre of the screen, and some aero wipers. Cheap and simple mods that make a difference!

Also found that the HDI is the XUD's best friend for jump starting, seeing as it's not being driven the XUD's battery has a bit of an aversion to holding charge...

Also got some paint so that my paint can spray the 'new' wing for me, spray can job but CBA spending the money for a proper spray job!

Thanks given by:
So didn't want to say before when Id done the wishbones, the sedan bit me back Sad

The smaller bolt that goes into the P bushing had sheared on me, hoped there was an easy fix, only way seems to be a new P bush, so GONNA bring it to my mate who's a mechanic so he can do it, too lazy to try and get it off myself then get a new one stuck on.
Thanks given by:
Coming a long nicely man love the look of the sedan good work :-)
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate!

So went and bought a new P Bush today, then brought it to my mate to chuck it on. Bit of a pain but got it on eventually, then brought it home and refitted the wishbone, front end feels solid now!

All that remains for MOT is the front wing and brakes basically, chucking in lowering springs and getting the back down 60mm as I CBA trying to get standard springs onto my newer shocks.
Thanks given by:
So yesterday I bought myself some new discs and pads for the sedan, skint now, but the cars closer to being on the road now!

Out with the old...

And in with the new...

Should stop much better now! Next plan is to get her lowered a bit and get the rear drum brakes sorted, then she'll be ready to go for MOT...
Thanks given by:
So last night my mates came round and took into the rear axle to lower it, antiroll bar did not want to come out, but after a bit of TLC she popped out. Got her sorted and dropped about 60mm.

Then I spent some time today doing the front, and ended up buying myself a grinder as I CBA with the seized droplinks, so just cut em off haha but now the springs are in, bit head down arse up CUS the rear hasn't settled properly again, but when she's through MOT I'll be putting her down a bit more in the back. Wink

Still need to do the rear brakes but haven't got round to finding what type of shoes I need...
Thanks given by:
Looks nice mate Smile Get some 266mm bigger brakes on there though, that would be my first upgrade Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah, took it for a quick drive up my street today, brakes are definitely a touch lacking compared to my HDI haha that'll be an after MOT job
Thanks given by:
I like that ride night personally, each to their own though Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I like it too, but she's head down arse up atm, Id have the back lower but she wouldn't go through MOT at 2 nicks (don't anyone start about how she's lowered, she's lowered how we do it Wink ) she drives surprisingly well, needs a proper drive down the road to clear out the system though...and also get the mid box piped out...
Thanks given by:
I like a bit of nose down, nose up looks it's dragging it's arse like a shipping dog Imo lol Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I don't like that either, I prefer it to be more level. Like my HDI was

Thanks given by:
So the sedan got it's first wash last night, it was well needed...paintwork on it is rough to touch and piggin. Even when I was washing it I could feel the microfibre sponge dragging on the paint... [emoji15] going to have to clay bar it soon...

Also decided to try out the G3 Paint Renovator I bought to see how well it worked, was tough work CUS of the state of the paint but used the G3, then polished and then waxed to make sure it keeps, came out alright, but I'll see the true results later...

Thanks given by:
Kris I have some ph3 crystal headlights going cheap bud would improve the look
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
May be interested in them after MOT, it's booked for 27th August and need to overhaul the rear brakes first -.-
Thanks given by:
15 quid if you want them buddy
Thanks given by:
I may just have to take you up on those lad, looking into putting an FMIC on it as well atm...
Thanks given by:
I also have a twin pass fmic for sale bud if youd be interested in it too
Thanks given by:
So the car passed MOT last week, not one issue. Had to give the car to my mate who's a mechanic to finish everything off cus I didn't have the time, he even waxoyled the whole underneath of it and inside the arches, so hopefully no issues of rust in the future! Should hopefully be on the road this coming week...

Bought a wee present so I can start tuning it

So it's going to have the mid box piped out and tuned in the next couple of weeks, then looking into future plans of fmic etc.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phase 1 TD Sedan 306Genesis 9 4,123 27-05-2020, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Owenmbo