SOLVED:Idle Problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED:Idle Problem
Yes but what I'm saying is when they are working properly, they return barely any fuel so if it is returning a lot of fuel, the fault is not with the fpr and is with the supply somewhere.
And then of course you need the air to match that fuel and where's that going to come from unless there is a leak (would be a big coincidence) or the icv is open but if that's the case, why would the idle fluctuate so much?

Not saying its not but I don't think it will be!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
hmmm unplugging the MAP made no difference last night... However I tightened everything up this morning and unplugged all the sensors and pluged them all back in. Narrowed it down to the temp sensor.

Still a bit lumpy in the first 5 seconds but after that it seems pretty good. Went for a drive and there was no hesitation or bouncing. It did start idling at 1200 at one point but came down about 20 seconds later. Will be buying a new temp sensor and seeing if it works! Big Grin Doesnt feel like its overfueling feels like it did before but a bit slower but then again it is still full to the roof of my uni stuff!
Thanks given by:
I'm sure you said you already tried that? Well at least it's a cheap and easy fix!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall it turns out it might not have been that......seeing as it now runs fine without the sensor at all lol. :?
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Niall it turns out it might not have been that......seeing as it now runs fine without the sensor at all lol. :?

That's because if it goes short or open circuit it goes to a default value of -40 meaning it will just run well rich. If it give bad readings, it could potentially do anything!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ok i drove with the temp sensor out and it made no difference after all. However disconnecting the MAP gave my fuel ecnomy back and there was no bouncing. it was much better but there was still surge of power where there didnt use to be. I presume this is due to having no MAP?
Thanks given by:
You sure its the map this time lol. Tongue. Try the one from spalls imo....
Thanks given by:
tom ill get you on fb chat. im not sure the one from spalls had a MAP sensor on it :/

found a better pic!

[Image: 2v0zurl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:I think its a bot rather then an actualy poster

No..................really, do you think?.............. :roll:

thank you captain obvious, I would never have worked that out on my own......get back to fixing your car Tongue lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Ben Jay Wrote:I think its a bot rather then an actualy poster

No..................really, do you think?.............. :roll:

thank you captain obvious, I would never have worked that out on my own......get back to fixing your car Tongue lol

[Image: tumblr_lx5lqyG19e1qaa7gwo1_400.jpg]
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
lmao benj!!!!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
going in search of a new MAP sensor today! Smile
Thanks given by:
grrr the icv is sucking in so much air through the breather filter so tbh its probably just everything that is f*cked! D:
Thanks given by:
Get a new car Sam.....want a golf?

Seriously though, did you try a new map?
Thanks given by:
havent been to go and find one yet. Ill either go later today or tomorrow!
Thanks given by:
yessss! Went to the scrappers and found a 2.0 and 1.8 406 and a 1.8 laguna. Took the MAP sensors off all of them and got two ICVs. Compared the connector for the icvs and the maps and some didnt fit so i ended up leaving the scrappers with...

A MAP sensor, ICV, and a driver side vent for £5 (haggled from £7.20). Always seems to be £7.20 no matter how much i get from that place and he always comes down to £5 lol. Could probably have got it for less but i got some 5 finger discount.

Two car side looms for electric windows from a 206 gti and a temp sensor from a 206cc.

Anyway MAP fitted and boom! No bouncing at start up or cutting out! Works perfectly! Revved it and it came down and idled at 800 again! Looks like this has fixed the problem but ill confirm after going out for a drive tomorrow! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
went for a drive and it was fecking epic! Back to how it was before and seems faster! Big Grin Cheers for all your help guys. Ill keep an eye on it for the next few days and post here if it breaks again!
Thanks given by:
Cooooool! Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation High idle problem! PugRory 5 1,450 30-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Niall
  idle and constant speed problem getting worse Popeye_6 89 25,594 26-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Popeye_6