aaaaaa hate this engine lol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aaaaaa hate this engine lol
Some of you know when I finished my parade lap at fcs my engine was making some noise. I would say was top end rattle I checked timing and left one cam locked and bent EVERY exhaust value oops 

Anyway new head on timed up runs again but still same noise Sad do these engines get oil pump or pressure problems 

It's a gti6

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Where is the noise coming from? If a head has been sitting dry for a long time, the lifters can dry up and need to bleed oil through them. They sound bloody awful when dry, very similar to valve tap.
Take it out for a drive, get the oil right up to temp and then let it cool down and start it again in the morning. Should have quietened down

They can suffer from oil pressure problems but very very rarely. I think that would be too coincidental unless something physically broke off and has somehow made its way down to the sump and blocked the pump strainer.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Head was still nice and wet don't think can be head as other head was just same noise that's why was thinking oil just not getting up there

Ran out time today I will take it a run tomorrow cross my fingers might just drive it to scrappy lol
Thanks given by:
crank pulley bolt tight as on early engines this is all that clamps the oil drive sprocket to drive the oil pump
later engines had a keyed drive sprocket for the oil pump

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Well its RIP for that engine now must been something to do with oil pump its a big seized lump now. Is gti engines normally a pain in the ass or have I got a bad apple normally diesel man
Thanks given by: