Xud to hdi clutch. Flywheel question.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xud to hdi clutch. Flywheel question.
So im putting Lus motor on the ramp soon to do the clutch and turbo. I have a good clutch from a hdi along with all bits. Inc cable. Is the flywheel sensor the same pickup? Or will we loose the rev counter. If so can I combat this somehow??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Im pretty sure rev counter pickup is different
Thanks given by:
Shit. Any chance of using the xud flywheel then??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
From my experience hdi sensor on top gearbox like most petrol crank sensors and xud on back block. I have a 180 flywheel with push clutch on ma van. but had to grind off tabs on fly till only 2 left so rev counter would work lol
Thanks given by:
Well ill have to get them side by side and compare.
Thanks given by:
HDi flywheel is something like 38-2 toothed setup, XUD is just a simple 4 tooth affair

If using an angle grinder to remove the teeth - be sure that you don't get the flywheel hot, just "tickle" the metal slowly, to reduce heat buildup.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hdi flywheel +clutch to xud daveylennon93 8 2,191 11-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Clutch question clarkey2010 5 1,327 04-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Last Post: clarkey2010
  engine swap, clutch question 205diesel 14 5,561 10-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Last Post: 205diesel