Help my xud stalls after start up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help my xud stalls after start up.
Apologises I've not had a look to see if I can find the answer but I was hoping someone might have an idea what's wrong.

Basically when I start it up after the glow plug light goes off it fires up right away no bother but then if I don't touch the accelerator or try to drive off then it just stalls out and then it's a total bastard to start again. Doesn't do it when it's warm and it's fine after a couple of mins.
Thanks given by:
Probably air getting in, round the fuel filter housing is favourite if the pump's not leaking, squeeze the primer hard and see if you can get a leak of a hiss from somewhere Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I had similar when my fuel filter needed changing. It would struggle and then die off. Almost immediately after starting
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Another vote for air ingress into the fuel system.

Like matt says it's probably the fuel filter housing, you'll need to remove it, clean it up with brake cleaner and then refit and use a bead of silicone around the lid and on the white cross to get it to seal.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, will get on that tomorrow and will get a new filter while I'm at it. Pumped the grenade and kept hearing a fluidy noise from the middle right side of engine. Will that be filter aye?
Thanks given by:
Yes mate sounds like it Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ok so I replaced fuel filter and then instant gasket'd the lid but it's still doing it. There is deffo air getting into the system somewhere before pump because when you start it and even when it is running you can see air bubbles going into pump. If it isnt the fuel filter housing what else could it be? Should I replace the housing just to make sure?
Thanks given by:
Its the bottom of the fuel filter housing not the top you want to gasket up. Remove the 13mm bolt you can see once the filters out and seal under that.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Ah brilliant, I'll get on that.
Thanks given by:
Vane pump..?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2015, 02:28 PM)silverzx Wrote: Vane pump..?

Vane pump would be all the time id say.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
If you can't get it to seal, just stick an inline filter in to replace the standard one.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Well I thought it was the top you sealed not the bottom so I've not done it right so I'm sure that will sort it. Planning to have a crack at it tomorrow. If not I'll go for an inline filter.

Thanks guys for being uber helpful.
Thanks given by:
I got fed up trying to get mine to seal and went for an inline filter in the end. Worked perfect even with veg oil.
Thanks given by:
I've fitted an inline filter and still have the problem, the filter I got was clear and after it had been sitting a while I checked it and was empty so think the fuel is going back into the tank? Is there a one way valve in the line to stop this?

Also where is best to get good quality parts? Gonna replace hand pump because looks like someone else has been at it as there is a cable tie wrapped around it and tape round the fuel hose.
Thanks given by:
The grenade has a one way valve and that could be shot. Change the grenade, they are cheap enough anyway.

Also check the filter / strainer in the tank. Could be blocked.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stalls when coming down from revs Paul_13 11 2,580 18-09-2016, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Dave