1.6 (99' 306 XR phase 2 manual) Won't rev past 3000rpm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.6 (99' 306 XR phase 2 manual) Won't rev past 3000rpm
Sad 
Hello guys. I've got this 306 here that seems to be chocking to rev past 3000rpm. In neutral it might rev up to 4000rpm, but under load it lacks power like the timing is retarded too much. I'm new to Peugeot's but the engine seems really simple. I know it uses an ECU but i'm unaware if there is a diagnostic mode (OBD or something - not that i have an OBD scanner but..). Is there an FSM i can use to check everything? What do you think by experience? It might just be spark related to be honest since i had something similar. I don't think is the O2 sensor as it should behave like this except if it has a limp mode. What do you think?

Kind regards,
Ken
Thanks given by:
Check timing, fuel filter, fuel is good, you are actually getting full throttle (cable is slack), air filter, crushed pipes, blocked breather
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2015, 10:33 PM)adam b Wrote: Check timing, fuel filter, fuel is good, you are actually getting full throttle (cable is slack), air filter, crushed pipes, blocked breather

Thanks i will do, but probably a full service is needed for this vehicle as it has been sitting for a while. I'll work a bit on it tomorrow and report backSmile
Thanks given by:
Could be crap fuel then
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2015, 08:56 PM)adam b Wrote: Could be crap fuel then

I did some checks today but didn't had much time. Installed a new Bosch battery since the old one was completely dead, and did oil/coolant check. The radiator needed another 100ml of coolant, and the oil is definitely near its change interval. Throttle was just a tad loose, i tighten it, it fully opens the butterfly. Next is spark plugs, fuel and air filter. At idle it seems to be able to rev up to 5000rpm but at load on any gear it feels like it limits the torque output so you can only get up to 80km/h max.. Plus they told me the car started having the problem while it was used.. i put some new fuel in it, no difference. I'll see what i can do and report back.
Thanks given by: