Gt2056 turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gt2056 turbo
Hi Guys,

Have a Garret gt2056s off a renault master van.

Good overall condition, minimal sideways play and no in/out play. Turbo was opened for clocking but i will have it all tightened up again if necessary.

I didn't get the wastegate actuator for this turbo but i have the one off the standard turbo that could be modified.

I have started to make an adapter plate and i can send this if someone wants to tidy it up and use it, makes the turbo fit the standard manifold. I have also designed an adapter plate on the computer and a plate for an exhaust flange which i can have cut and sent for cost price on laser cutting. Generally quite good.

Its a shame to sell, but i havent got the money to finish the project and want someone else to make use of it.

After £100 posted. They are around £150 on ebay.

Any questions feel free to ask. Will add pics in a bit.

Adapter plates etc are for a HDI.

Not sure what else is needed as i didnt get that far, but I'd guess oil lines, intercooler/pipes, intake piping & exhaust.
Thanks given by:
Any pictures?
Thanks given by:
Yeah will get some tonight as ive recently changed fone.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=23563]

[attachment=undefined]

Having difficulty adding photos,

Tapatalk is crashing and my browser on the ne is having a shit fit when trying to add attachments.

I an upload pics to facebook or send them on whatsapp if its any help to anyone. 
Thanks given by:
It has the pain in the ass coldside :/ was hoping it was the straight one
Thanks given by:
Just cut it if it can't be utilised lol
Thanks given by:
SOLD.
Thanks given by:
How on earth have you sold that when piggy can't shift the gtb??
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-06-2015, 08:02 AM)Poodle Wrote: How on earth have you sold that when piggy can't shift the gtb??

Maybe something to do with the controlling of a gtb, not every one will know how it's done.

Thanks given by:
(07-06-2015, 08:02 AM)Poodle Wrote: How on earth have you sold that when piggy can't shift the gtb??

I was thinking this.  Dodgy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah the same reason i went with wastegate. Fit with an MBC and forget.

Easier to work with than a gtb. Not a better turbo by any means but certainly better suited to some people, myself included.
Thanks given by:
A bit like the home telephone is easier for grandmas to deal with than a modern mobile smart phone.

Catch up people. You're being left behind, metaphorically and literally.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Depends, this turbo will do 200hp on a hdi, the gtb will do about 230 but the engine wont take it. Spool wont be much different on the two and the 2056 will give over 300lbs ft of torque no problem. So why bother with the extra complexity of fitting a gtb for this application?
Thanks given by:
Yeah piggy i remember not so long ago you were all against VNT etc, now if anyone uses a turbo OTHER than a vnt and seemingly other than a gtb vklr then your ranting.

If everyone done the same thing as you the world would be a boring place.

Gt2056s is certainly an improvement over standard and isnt to be taken too lightly.

Also not everyone has the seemingly rather helpful support you have from ruan or the other fellas that muck in to help with the control side of things.
Thanks given by:
woh woh woh.

A Gt2056S will NOT spool like a much newer GTb2056Vlk. Not even like a GT2056VNT. Otherwise, why would we do it!?

I too ran a GT2056S. I have NEVER been AGAINST vnts.

But, I HAVE tried both.

Why would I rant about something that actually gives me no gain if others do it!?

I also am not the only one fitting vnts.

Maybe if people did loads of research, spent a lot of time being willing to learn and buy the stuff, give it a go etc, then they would get the help. All the info is out there Smile

(07-06-2015, 03:57 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: Depends, this turbo will do 200hp on a hdi, the gtb will do about 230 but the engine wont take it. Spool wont be much different on the two and the 2056 will give over 300lbs ft of torque no problem. So why bother with the extra complexity of fitting a gtb for this application?

have you tried a GTB on an hdi yet??

I got 380ft lbs with the first setup with the GTB. 

All forgetting also how much more EFFICIENT a modern turbo is....its a big advantage just to have it making the same power but with less heat/effort Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well how fast do you think a gtb will spool? a 2056 will be producing full boost by 2k rpm which is about in line with the gtb given its bigger but has the vnt advantage. I like vnts but saying that people are being left in the dark ages is a bit much, a 2056 is an ideal hdi turbo for 180-200 hp and the only benefit a vnt might provide is an earlier torque spike which you are trying to avoid anyway. For more than 200 a vnt is necessary to avoid lag however.
Thanks given by:
but then you could use say a GTb17 and it would be superior to a GT2056S. Anton has a GTC14 on his volvo and makes about the same power as me!

You can use a smaller more efficient turbo to produce the same/more power of an older style turbo.

The Gt2056S is a great turbo, but I would rather run a boost can on a vnt now, I just wouldnt go back.

Don't forget its not ALL about spool time. Less boost from a more modern turbo at the same time as an older one will be more efficient.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hahaha this kicked off alright, don't take Piggy too seriously lads, he's just a typical ex-smoker, if you know what i mean. Wink

Good point about the vnt control, and yes Piggy, you did avoid vnts for ages for exactly the same reasons, or at least that's what you said. At length lol. Asking why you would rant about it is a daft question, it's what you do, it's like asking why space is dark lol. Besides, you're still playing with IDI, who's really in the dark ages? Tongue Still surprised all the same as the gtb really is in a different league tbf.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
you are right... 100% with idi.

But we are discussing turbos.

I never get the abuse/hate I receive when I encourage a GOOD thing!? A GOOD thing from experience.

is it not BETTER than I once avoided them, tried them and now realise I should have had one sooner?!

Surely this is better than me not telling anyone about them and keeping all the information to myself!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I cam vouch for piggys turbo after going out on track with him. The boost is instant and so smooth. It picks up FAST. Saying this at this time im running a non vnt and it goes like hell fooby saw mine pull on the parade lap. Saying this I will be updating to a vnt at some point. They are good turbos. I suspect the reason people are put off due to the setup unfortunately.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I think theres still some fun to be had with wastegated turbos on these engines just need one hefty enough, not going to lie piggy as much as i love the work put into your car i would equally find it hilarious to see someone reel you in with a td04 just because you rant about them so much !
Thanks given by:
Think the idea about you ranting about something being good, and ranting about an alternative being shit are two different things.

The 2056s is a good turbo and far superior to the standard item. I further that statement to say the gtb series is better again, given you have time to set it up... which conveniently i and a lot of others don't have.

Add this to the fact i drive a HDi which ofc needs mapping to tweak fuelling then it can be problematic to get both in sync and get it all tied together. Especially so when i havent any decent mappers close by.
Thanks given by:
I giv u a 10er for it m8?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Don't take it all so seriously mate, was mostly teasing, even put some smilies in there to give you a clue lol. It wasn't abuse or hate, stop being such a martyr. Social lesson number 1: If you're going to rant about something so vociferously and, let's face it, offensively, then you've got to expect some grief in return. Wink

LOL Danny.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 08:32 AM)deggerz Wrote: I think theres still some fun to be had with wastegated turbos on these engines just need one hefty enough, not going to lie piggy as much as i love the work put into your car i would equally find it hilarious to see someone reel you in with a td04 just because you rant about them so much !

that'll be a doddle, leave it on the donor vehicle Rofl
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Just like to rant back at him cause he's a moan Smile
Thanks given by:
Goodness me ladies, Such sillyness over a few blowers!!

We all know the bigger the better really...right.... Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by: