Stage1 to 3? Because stage2 is for pussies..now with pics for added goodness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage1 to 3? Because stage2 is for pussies..now with pics for added goodness
Love this project! Looks clean too, been reliable for you?
Nice to see someone using a different turbo for stage 3 than a GT20 Smile
Any videos of how this goes? and bringing to FCS/Pugfest?
Thanks given by:
Car was looking and sounding well on sunday! and with the added bonus of finding your gloves Wink My mate was well impressed with how modified but subtle this thing is! Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I have a r70 but it needs refurbishing
Thanks given by:
I have a R70 pump and a 1800 fps pm me if your interested [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
There are laods of R70s around..

unfortunately there are not loads of pennies in my bank account at the moment so its gonna have to wait.. for now!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Did you ever fit the clutch dude?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Still in my garage waiting for this one to fail.. slipping but hasn't gone just yet so I am waiting...
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I'm genuinely amazed that thing is still holding on, i mean let's be honest, you're hardly gentle with it! lol

I wouldn't worry about the dv6 frps, there are more cost effective ways to get more fuel in - injectors, for example.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-04-2016, 06:40 AM)Poodle Wrote: I'm genuinely amazed that thing is still holding on, i mean let's be honest, you're hardly gentle with it! lol

I wouldn't worry about the dv6 frps, there are more cost effective ways to get more fuel in - injectors, for example.

Im on the constant JTD injector watch at work dont worry Wink
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Well a little update today, full, very very shiny fully tig welded stainless system on the car..  conservative backbox installed, and the difference is night and day.

Once again thanks to Jonny and poodle at derv developments for this 

Epic work..

As foe performance the car feels markedly quicker and marginally louder... when I say marginally I may have to install a midbox because it thinking screams now when the wastegate opens.  strangely it's quite pooling at low throttle though...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Take it the clutch made it into this? What power is it making these days?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Still trying to kill the clutch that's in it.. pride of place on my garage side though.. will definitely be going in.

The previous dyno was 174, . It feels significantly more powerful mid and top now, so might be a shade more but I don't know
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the write up, was good to see you again yesterday. Glad you're pleased with it, not surprised it feels as though it's got more top end after we swapped out the pea-shooter that was on there before!

Still can't quite believe how lucky you were with that rear brake pad hanging out, how she hadn't already made a bid for total freedom before now is beyond me. Lucky we're such hoarders and had spares around, i made sure i pointed this out at length to the wife when i got in; "See dear, my spare parts addiction has just possibly, probably saved a life. Or at least preserved a brake disc from slight damage and some trousers from a dry cleaning bill". Totally legit. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2016, 09:33 AM)DERV Developments Wrote: Thanks for the write up, was good to see you again yesterday. Glad you're pleased with it, not surprised it feels as though it's got more top end after we swapped out the pea-shooter that was on there before!

Still can't quite believe how lucky you were with that rear brake pad hanging out, how she hadn't already made a bid for total freedom before now is beyond me. Lucky we're such hoarders and had spares around, i made sure i pointed this out at length to the wife when i got in; "See dear, my spare parts addiction has just possibly, probably saved a life. Or at least preserved a brake disc from slight damage and some trousers from a dry cleaning bill". Totally legit. Big Grin

could you speak to my wife too please? . . . . Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Looking very good, what size is the exhaust?
Thanks given by:
thats 2.5 of tigwelded goodness frosty
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Does look like the boys done a good job. Any other updates on the car at all?
Thanks given by:
Exhaust looks wicked! Any pics of the rolled tip in the bumper recess?
Thanks given by:
Fair amount of awesome sauce i see there! Big Grin

good going guys, bet it sounds epic now!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Here you go

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 330,131 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum