SRowells Black Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Black Rallye
4 day weekend and finally the rear shocks have arrived. Hopefully all the suspension will be on over the weekend! Smile

[Image: IMG_20170208_192107_zpsf0ddqdms.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20170208_192353_674_zpsnlgru8lk.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to the weekend/Monday morning update.

Always a keen follower here.
Thanks given by:
dem dampers doe
Thanks given by:
So today it wasnt raining but there were a few flakes of snow. First off i got the fronts assembled. Then invited tom over to help. Hardest bit was getting the shocks to mount in the hubs. Ended up jacking the hub up into the shock and when the shock didnt line up lightly hammered the tab to get it rotated. Also took the opportunity to take the adjustable drop links off, wire brush all the bolts and threads and then refitted with new dust boots. Car sits slightly higher at the front but itll take time to settle so it looks like a great ride height Smile

[Image: IMG_20170210_112207_zpsfu8ur7tx.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20170210_112511_zpsjrpabpqh.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20170210_113400_zpsfv7n1zm9.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20170210_122749_zpsv5c2u0xp.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20170210_123650_zpswfkqg3qm.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20170210_125912_793_zpswc9epxnp.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20170210_154710_zpsjpb1ceug.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20170210_162939_zpsuuolkbdw.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20170210_154716_zpskzg8xzxn.jpg]
Thanks given by:
mmmm lots of shiney bits. love it
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Looking good dude Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Very nice, can't wait to hear those throttle bodies giving it all they got when you get rovertaken Wink
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2017, 12:37 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Very nice, can't wait to hear those throttle bodies giving it all they got when you get rovertaken Wink

Thats where wrong Steve. You wouldn't gear them because I bet I could overtake you without even moving so... Ha. Bringing spare tyres with you? Would be a shame if something were to happen to one of them...
Thanks given by:
So today I got home and was going to just watcha film or something.... no. its light outside. lets fit rear shocks. Its going to be easy.

And sure enough a while later they were fitted. Did the drivers side first which was easy apart from finding the right size tools. Then did the passenger side and did it with the exhaust and heatshield in situ. Not too difficult. Phone wouldnt turn the flash on so its a dark pic but they are on there!

Finally bilstein suspension all round! Big Grin

[Image: IMG_20170218_171951_zpsfutyrksx.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Am I the only one who is thinking shinies ain't shit if attached to rust.

Get the sill covers off and see what you are dealing with.
Have a look for some rust, and sort it before its too late or too much money to be worth it.
Not trying to be an arse, I know you have posted about rot before and personally wouldn't "upgrade" a vehicle without knowing it was sound.
My energy would be spent finding and resolving any rust before I modified anything.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
I was having issues with the coilovers that were on it. They kept bottoming out and when driving i wasnt enjoying it i was just busy avoiding pot holes and drain covers. Getting the coilovers and solid top mounts off and going back to basics was what I really wanted to do so that I could enjoy the car more. Rust prevention and dealing with what is there is always on my mind. It will be done just not in the cold :/ Where as spannering isnt too bad.
Thanks given by:
Whats the drive like now then man???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2017, 07:47 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Whats the drive like now then man???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know haha. It was blocked in by 4 cars! Have to take the Saab tomorrow as well. Hopefully I'll have a chance to get it out.
Thanks given by:
So it finally went out on the road! Filled it up which fixed some misfiring and then it came back. In terms of how it handles its a hell of a lot firmer and feels pretty skippy over bumps and things. Going to have to be careful on track I reckon!
Thanks given by:
track should be smoother where you will benefit from such firm suspension.

This is precisely why i hate firm suspension on the roads. just feels skittish and unsettled.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
bilsteins wont be skittish.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Had the tracking done since changing the front struts?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2017, 10:03 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Had the tracking done since changing the front struts?

Not yet. Its got its mot on wednesday so will get it done at the same time.
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2017, 07:03 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(25-02-2017, 10:03 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Had the tracking done since changing the front struts?

Not yet. Its got its mot on wednesday so will get it done at the same time.
Ah that's probably the route of your handling problems then. Makes a huge difference! 

After I raised the ride height on mine, the 6 mile drive to have the laser alignment done was horrible, all twitchy turning in, but driving home after was epic
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Collecting this tomorrow. Had the tracking done and also had the inner harness bolts moved off the seat subframes and onto the exhaust tunnel. No MOT though as Ive moved it to a different garage on Monday :/
Thanks given by:
The car feels so great now that the tracking is done. Really gives you the confidence to throw the wheel about. Harness bolts look good so ill be able to redo the subframes at some point to get the seats a bit lower so anyone taller than me isnt looking at the cage bar.

When i dropped the car off at carls the misfiring was intermittent. At carls it was there all the time. The drive home it was there all the time. I swapped FPRs for a fixed one and it was still misfiring but i could feel flat spots where there wasnt enough fuel. Rules out FPR. Connected the adjustable FPR back up and power was back but still intermittent.

Whilst it was idling and being all lumpy i disconnected each injector and the one nearest the cambelt made no difference so looks like its an issue on that cylinder. Connected up a spare injector which worked on the other injector plugs and also worked on the end injector plug. So wiring seems to be good as still running rough when plugged back in. Did it numerous times to check it wasnt just moving the wire around that made it work.

So... its the cylinder nearest the cambelt. Its either a crap injector that IS getting a signal... or its not sparking on that cylinder. Need to get my multimeter back so that I can test the spark one! Otherwise ill put one of the injectors in although it has already had a different set in!
Thanks given by:
compression test.

cylinder 1 is most common to blow gaskets.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
And actually thinking about it now... Because its wasted spark one of the other cylinders would be affected if the coil pack wiring wasnt working. So we are back to either pack, a single spark, a single injector. And we could throw in the headgasket as well just for good measure.
Thanks given by:
Did someone say headgasket? lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2017, 06:29 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Did someone say headgasket? lol

someone said headgasket months ago! whistle

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Update!

Disconnected the injectors and the one closest to the cambelt made no affect on crap running. Ive swapped that injector out for a spare and its all running well. Swapped the spark plugs out for good measure and Ive so far done 30 miles with no issues!

Took it for its MOT and pass with no advisories! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Probably wise to have a set cleaned and the map checked, false economy going for mapping without known good injectors
Thanks given by:
great thread. Look forward to seeing some 3d printed cupholders?
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2017, 08:57 PM)Doseph Wrote: great thread. Look forward to seeing some 3d printed cupholders?

Yeh got one in the car already and its great. Force of habit just lobbing the drink on the passenger seat. Will have to see how I can print them as despite being simple they'll be difficult to print.
Thanks given by:
Awesome sauce!

Now get those sodding sideskirts off and check for rustiness
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boring Black Rallye wainwrightj 57 19,833 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,742 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600 Eeyore 1,246 367,085 26-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Last Post: procta