Replacing Injectors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing Injectors
Hi all,
Am I right in thinking that to replace the injectors on my car I need to find a set of these ones 0445110076 so they don't rattle.

Then I need to remove the fuel pipes. Pull the injectors out (Will I need a tool for this?) And then replace the copper washers and fit the new ones in?

Once it's all back in and connected they should just work shouldn't they?

Thanks, Jack
Thanks given by:
There's a few threads on this recently, have a look around this section.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Some 076s still rattle.. They are just newer so less likely too.

Youll need a socket to undo the injector clamp, cant remember size though ans hopefully theyll come out easy
Thanks given by:
Okays cheers guys Smile Well it looks easy enough. And yeah I know but they cant be much worse than the very first design Bosch released that I have in mine haha. I have the earliest year HDI you can get so I presume a couple of changes would have been made to the design along the way. I will give it a go Smile

Thanks, Jack
Thanks given by:
Looking at a chart of part numbers I have, the injectors in the 206 HDI 2.0 are the same as the ones in the 306 HDI? Are there any differences in how they connect or pipe up or would you say they are exactly the same?

Thanks Smile
Jack
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2015, 03:45 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Looking at a chart of part numbers I have, the injectors in the 206 HDI 2.0 are the same as the ones in the 306 HDI? Are there any differences in how they connect or pipe up or would you say they are exactly the same?

Thanks Smile
Jack

Iirc the 076 are out of very late hdis and 307s? Any hdi thats a 2.0l 8v of around the same age are the same basic block..
Thanks given by:
Brilliant Smile will be getting a set of those then Big Grin

Thanks

Right then I have ordered a set of 076 injectors and now I have suddenly thought. Do these need to be coded to the ECU?
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure they don't need coding. But someone will be along to confirm that.
Thanks given by:
They aren't coded on these.

Injector clamp nuts are 13mm so you'll almost definitely already have that. Smile
Thanks given by:
As tom said clamp nuts 13 mm metal fuel pipes 14 mm
Thanks given by:
Did mine the other day from the engine which I took apart. Best to try and get them out when the engine is warm, mine came out pretty easy!
Thanks given by:
Plan is to do them on Saturday morning so just gonna spray plenty of wd40 all around them Friday night and let it sit. Then warm it up a bit the next morning Smile

Cheers everyone Smile
Thanks given by:
Well I changed my injectors to the 076 ones. The rattle has become a bit less noticeable, itt seems to run smoother and pull better. One strange thing I have noticed as well is the revs seem to drop a little slower when I change gear. Before when I pressed the clutch in the revs would drop really quick and unless I threw it into gear really fast it would jolt as I let the clutch up but now when I press the clutch in I have more time to change gear so gear changes are much much smoother when I'm not rushing
Thanks given by: