Alternator pulley

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternator pulley
I know this has been covered and I know what's wrong but thought I'd write a thread to get my posts up an tell yous, was coming home from a long drive in the porring rain and the battery light came on and the steering came heavy so obviously your going to check the belt and checked and it wasn't there I thought it had strapped and fell but when I got back in to drive the rest of the way home it fell out and I picked it il and wasn't snapped got home and seen the pulley on the alternator was broke. So went to a motor factors and ordered a tensioner and belt for £50, I pick it up tomorrow and have to drive the car a few miles to the mechanic. The battery still good but I know it won't last to long, I would like to replace all the tensioners but unfortunately don't have the funds at the moment lol
Thanks given by:
So was it the alternator that was broken or the tensioner?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The tensioner was broke
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, cheers, bet it's a bit quieter now lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lost my password only got back on now lol.. Ended up buying a altonator of a hdi Picasso and mechanic made it fit was only a wire or something he said if remember right
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2.0 HDI Alternator belt sprung adjuster pulley bouncing. cheapo 5 1,246 12-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  alternator pulley ct-hdi 1 844 09-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Last Post: DeeTurbo