Taxing a car after purchase

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taxing a car after purchase
(19-05-2015, 04:40 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(19-05-2015, 04:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I dont know about you but I certainly wouldn't let a stranger into my house to use the computer, never know who they might be!  With that I wouldn't expect anyone to let me into thier house either.

Do you make people do the paperwork outside then?!

Yes. They have the car to sit in... Or I'll open the garage door if the driveway's free, there's even a table in there...

Can never be too careful. I'm sure paedophilic, rapist, thief murderers don't walk around with that printed on their forehead.

Plus I would be extremely embarrassed to have anyone come in and think I live in such a shit hole... On the rare occasion I have let someone in I have to make it clear it's not my mess or lingerie everywhere etc. lol

Back on topic, I'm not disagreeing with use of taxing via internet on mobile telephone for you young whippersnappers IF the tax has run out. I am disagreeing with removing tax when a vehicle is sold and making you have to buy tax instantly when buying. There was nothing wrong with transferable tax. You pay £50 for a years MOT and that gets transferred between any number of owners in a year. You pay £300 for a year of insurance and that gets transferred between as many cars as the owners has in a year (albeit with a slight increase/decrease). Why shouldn't tax stick with the vehicle or the person like they do? It's purely to make the tax man more money and cause hassle for the buyer. It is causing more hassle than buying a car with remaining tax however you decide to tax it.
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2015, 03:16 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Idiot, as soon as you buy it intending that it be your car then its yours irregardless of what its registered as. Failing to correctly register it is just another offence you commit.

sorry, no idiots, offences or illegal activities going on around here

I personally like the new taxing system; its a doddle to setup, can cancel the DD anytime etc etc. its just a shame they don't let it run until the end of the month when a vehicle is transferred. ive just had to pay from the 1st to cover myself for the last 10 days of the month

im not sure id be too happy about having to let some random in my house, I never expect to be offered coffee, toilet etc ... though it is a nice surprise if someone offers
Thanks given by:
Anyone watching Watchdog tonight?

DVLA are making £38,000,000 a year from double taxing cars under the new system (getting 2 months when sold). Bastards. Dodgy
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taxing car without logbook. bashbarnard 11 1,812 07-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Last Post: r3k1355
  Anyone near Croydon? Ebay purchase collection Anton 6 1,192 06-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Niall
  mpps purchase tysonbully2k12 1 916 27-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mcglynn