First breakdown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First breakdown
so just had my first breakdown. Shit aren't they. Was just driving on the M5 then it randomly stopped accelerating so changed into 5th and it was fine for about 100m then cut out as soon as I put the clutch down. Blocked fuel filter maybe?

[attachment=23194]
Thanks given by:
Might be, have you tried starting it?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-05-2015, 06:23 AM)Poodle Wrote: Might be, have you tried starting it?

Yeah just keeps turning over, tried to start but then cut out again 
Thanks given by:
Does sound like starvation. Meh, will find out when he aa/rac/other-breakdown-services-are-available arrive i guess. Have fun watching traffic!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-05-2015, 06:32 AM)Poodle Wrote: Does sound like starvation. Meh, will find out when he aa/rac/other-breakdown-services-are-available arrive i guess. Have fun watching traffic!

Yeah I'll see what I can find then and thanks lol 
Thanks given by:
System lost prime, can you hand prime it and see?
Thanks given by:
Isn't that hard shoulder out of action judging by the cones? Confused
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2015, 09:53 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Isn't that hard shoulder out of action judging by the cones? Confused

Where else would he go? Sit in a live lane of traffic?!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, if they close the hard shoulder or layby that's what you're supposed to do and wait for free recovery (which is only to the end of the roadworks lol). It will be sign posted if that's the situation though.
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2015, 09:54 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(15-05-2015, 09:53 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Isn't that hard shoulder out of action judging by the cones? Confused

Where else would he go? Sit in a live lane of traffic?!

This. Stopping in a live lane of a motorway when you could use the 'out of action' hard shoulder would be pretty daft
Thanks given by:
The hard shoulder is only out of action when there's a man there digging it up.
and even then I'd pull in next to him if I needed to.

f*ck stopping in live traffic, you know full well some cock in a HGV will plough right into the back of you because he was busy playing with his phone instead of watching the road.
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2015, 09:57 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Yeah, if they close the hard shoulder or layby that's what you're supposed to do and wait for free recovery (which is only to the end of the roadworks lol).  It will be sign posted if that's the situation though.

Have you ever used one of the 'Free' recoveries before?

The 'Free' recovery that tows you, for free, to a compound where they lock your in and charge you three figures to release it?

Yeah, darting in between some cones to a clear hard shoulder with no-one working on it is what I'd choose. You have fun sitting in lane one!
Thanks given by:
I've seen someone being picked up by one who was sitting in a live lane leaking something slippery over the rest of the road lol, however the cones were so close she'd never have squeezed between them tbf...obviously I didn't see the end result though. I understood that you were just taken to the end of the roadworks and dumped, paid for by whichever council is ruining the road? Then you get on to your own breakdown company to get recovered where you want? There's always pieces of the A12/A14 coned off with the free recovery signs.
Thanks given by:
So this is the state of my fuel filter housing and fuel filter. And to be honest I didn't have much choice, it was either pull into the unused lane or be rear ended by lorries coming off the slip road. I feel I made the right and safest decision. 

[attachment=23195]

[attachment=23196]

[attachment=23197]

[attachment=23198]
Thanks given by:
Where's all that rusty coloured shit come from??

Best pull the tank strainer as well and have a good look around inside the tank.
Thanks given by:
Does it run yet?
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2015, 12:10 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Does it run yet?

Need to get a new filter then give it a go
Thanks given by:
That filter is bad, u ever change it before? Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2015, 01:41 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: That filter is bad, u ever change it before? Big Grin

Nope haha gonna start doing it every few thousand miles
Thanks given by:
Car is now running perfect Smile changed the filter today and had to crack off a fuel line to get the air out then it fired straight up Smile 
Thanks given by:
glad it was a easy fix!
i carry a spare fuel filter in the boot with the Allen key needed just incase this happens Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2015, 10:55 PM)kee616 Wrote: glad it was a easy fix!
i carry a spare fuel filter in the boot with the Allen key needed just incase this happens Big Grin

Yeah I'm gonna start doing that to be fair. Seem to be a common issue 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breakdown Cover Toms306 14 4,531 03-06-2018, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Iceman299
  Best Breakdown Cover Eeyore 47 8,241 09-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Breakdown Cover? JTaylor2005 44 6,930 17-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005