Peugeot 309 HDi 16v

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 309 HDi 16v
Unfortunately I've had a few busy weekends which I haven't been able to do much on the car. But I do have this Saturday planned to get some shiz done.

Did call by the shed on Monday evening and had a good couple hours putting together a downpipe. Nothing special but I chopped up some 2.5" mild I had from the original XUD 206 and the one that was on the 309 with the XUD in.

So now it is under the car, just need to run a straight length back and add a couple bends around the axle. Got a couple on order that will hopefully suffice.
Thanks given by:
Keeping an eye on this, imagine it will be quite a riot when it's done
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Little by little you'll get there mate.
Thanks given by:
Good things take time! I generally find that doing little bits at a time normally makes for a better job anyway, can set mini targets for each time you have time on the car, and generally make more effort over smaller things that way. Going to be another epic 16v build!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Slow progress on this, mainly because not much just 'bolts on now' all needs adaptions to fit.

Need to sort some sort of boost piping and air filter setup, so made the decision to move the battery to the boot to help with space.

Fitted some HDi brake calipers (cheers frosty) and had some new discs so added some new pads for that.

[Image: IMG_0631_zpsyrpdr3ia.jpg]

Also cleaned the threads on the caliper mounting points. (Its the silly little things)

[Image: IMG_0631_zpsyrpdr3ia.jpg]

Acquired a GTi speedo cluster some I'm hoping to make the tacho work by pulling an output from the ECU.

[Image: WhatsApp%20Image%202017-04-19%20at%2014....msmom.jpeg]

Did make up a downpipe of what 2.5" I already had least it doesn't fill the bay with smoke when it starts now.

Small video of it running, starts like a HDi should and idles well. Its a bit 'bluey' on faster tickover but probably wants a run as its all been apart.

Thanks given by:
Have a look at Gti6 Rev counter mods to work with the gti cluster, pretty much the same principle
Thanks given by:
Fitted an intercooler, wasn't going to bother for the moment but unfortunately a water pipe was right in the way of where a boost pipe wanted to run.

So got a 2nd hand one off the 'bay that seemed like it would measure up.

[Image: IMG_1021_zps8r8ml3cm.jpg]

Made a start on boost pipe routing, bit long winded for my liking but its a bit tidier now, ASH sell 90 bends with long leg length which helped with less joins (no finished photos). Don't really know anyone who would weld pipes together for me so will just see how this goes.

[Image: IMG_0947_zpslahjle7u.jpg]

Back to stock looking without the intercooler hanging out of the front.

[Image: IMG_1100_zpslensnkhg.jpg]

Just need to re-connect some earths, secure the battery box, secure the ECU in its new location, fit boost gauge and put the dash surround back on.
Thanks given by:
Good progress mate. Is it coming to FCS?
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2017, 08:07 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Good progress mate. Is it coming to FCS?

Thanks, would like to think so. Exhaust is 99% done. just leaves the interior to put back together and tweak the boost pipes a bit.
Thanks given by:
So this never made it to the Peugeot Festival (pugfest or FCS), booooo.

Mainly due to not having enough faith in it to not leave me stranded on the side of the M5. I don't have any breakdown so would of just caused issues if I couldn't sort it.

But it is driving now, rather well. Had a bit of time spent on the turbo control and adjusting how quick the map should open/close vanes depending on scenario. That said, it picks up rather well now and drives nice. Should be just stock power as no fueling has been touched apart from 2.2 injectors made to work.

Had MOT recently, which is all good for another 12 months.

Took it on a mini road trip last weekend. Went up to Minehead and across to Porlock. Had a run up the toll road for a laugh (worth it if your in the area), then back down across Exmoor. Pulled on really well and no issues as such. Do believe exhaust needs a tweak though.

Planning to take it over to Wales in August to the Black mountain road, so just putting some miles on it now to hopefully iron out any major issues.
Thanks given by:
Small update

Have done around 1300 miles now with the engine in. Has been driving well. Changed Oil and Diesel Filters back along and did a general check of nuts and bolts.

Got some fresh tyres on the front and that came with a free wash

Took it to Wales and did a 400 mile trip that day. Literally for a drive around which it managed fine.

Need to get a clutch switch fitted to aid drivability but going to have to make up some sort of mount for that.

Unfortunately the axle has started to creak so ought to get that swapped out.

Did do a purchase to help the front end out too.

Thanks given by:
Good work.
I see you lurking on the beige forum as well these days eh?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Great to see this working nicely! #team16v
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Free wash with tyres? What a deal. Glad to here s’all running swell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2017, 06:08 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Good work.
I see you lurking on the beige forum as well these days eh?

Yeah some interesting machinery on there that people get involved with!

(27-09-2017, 06:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: Great to see this working nicely! #team16v

Always bits to be tinkered with as you well know. Hopefully yours starts behaving soon.

(27-09-2017, 06:54 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Free wash with tyres? What a deal. Glad to here s’all running swell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All done on a late Saturday afternoon which worked extremely well for me.

The service you get from some garages really does restore my faith in them.
Thanks given by:
Haha Frosty would have loved that! Sounds as if its going well which is good to hear Fish! Smile
Thanks given by:
Last night (Sunday) thought I would drop the beam off the car ready to fit a replacement. Everything unbolted rather well though it is a joy to work on something you’ve had apart in the past and greased up. Had in my head that I would pull the beam apart at some point so looked at pulling the ARB out (could I find an XUD head bolt…could I heck) managed with something else though. Then carried on and cleaned out the eccentric washers and got them removed. 

So with only the torsion bars to remove I screwed the slide hammer in and gave it a few taps and it started to move. Reckon both sides only need about half a dozen taps and the arms were free. 

One bar is stuck in the trailing arm still and one bottom shock bolt, so will just need a bit of heat on that.

O/S is like new

N/S outside bearing is knackered – well none existent (was the squeaky side)

Not cleaned anything up yet but probably still need to change beam completely.
Thanks given by:
ooh that's a shame its gone through the bearing, both shafts will need changing anyway, where its heavily polished will be worn down even if it looks smooth.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Ordered up some bits and pieces for it, even if the tube has gone I'll have a couple good trailing arms and bearings to put into another.
Thanks given by:
Just had a read this looks really cool dude a proper build.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
Been driving this everyday recently since I’ve loaned my 206 out to a relation.

First thing I missed was central locking. The system worked on the car but I had misplaced the control module when I was faffing in the footwell. Luckily come across it again and got that back working. Installed a Chinese RF kit into in car and now remote central locking is a dream. Unfortunately the back actuators are knackered but the front and boot works for the moment.

The axle above wasn’t much cop as the tube was gone, so used the beam off Danny’s old 1.3 rattle box. That’s been ok for a time but it starting to creak now.

So seeing as the TU one isn’t insured or MOT’d I pulled the beam apart on that one. Found bearing were pretty goot but was the less needle type. So extracted them and installed new with new seals. Built up with new shafts and refreshed the drum brakes. Need to drop that off and put on the diesel now.

Also painted up my new subframe so when i drop that off i'll pull the gearbox to install my new clutch and fly.

Here’s a photo of it in the snow. Starting at -7* is about the limit without no glowplugs I’m thinking, as it took some persuading back in the cold weather. Thank god for the excide battery.

Thanks given by:
Great progress mate! Looking forward to seeing this at Pugfest if you are taking it?
Thanks given by:
Quote:Great progress mate! Looking forward to seeing this at Pugfest if you are taking it?

Cheers, indeed I am hoping to. Would be nice to drag the petrol one as well seeing all it really needs is a axle, throttle cable and air filter fitting. Just lack of time really does hold the projects back.
Thanks given by: