Peugeot 309 HDi 16v

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 309 HDi 16v
Im also game for Scotland club trip, bit less of a distance for me than the rest of you guys though aha.
Thanks given by:
See how it goes, got to get the thing to run yet.

Dropped in a new upper engine mount on the chassis last night, about 10mm difference in height from the old one (obviously had engine weight on it since 1991) engine is sitting spot on now with my *temporary* top engine mount. Bottom fork will line up but just pulls the engine back just that bit too much so the diff housing is close to the subframe. So reckon that will be extended slightly. Engine will sit happy though.

Gear linkage looks to be the next issue, with the engine sat up more it puts the linkage closer to the box itself. So will need to address that but need to swap the selector fork lever over.
Thanks given by:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=28681]

was that the test run dum dum?
Thanks given by:
This will make another cracking sleeper!
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2016, 01:44 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?aid=28681]

was that the test run dum dum?

No, they stopped running tests from there shortly after a torpedo landed in someone's garden.
Thanks given by:
Interesting stuff. Forum is starting to pick up again with interesting projects about time. Best of luck to you man and hope to see it next year at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
#BE4woes

BE4

[Image: IMG_0071_zpsrpfckwgs.jpg]

BE3

[Image: IMG_0072_zpsfffi3uml.jpg]

Robbed a selector off a scrap gearbox Frosty had which has now been adapted in true radger style.
Thanks given by:
Surely adjustable linkages would have been the easier way to sort that issue?
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2016, 10:46 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Surely adjustable linkages would have been the easier way to sort that issue?

So working off the top photo as what i'm looking to use, the two 'selector balls' are at similar height and in-line with one another (well all but) so the rods would catch each other and generally not sit happy.

Took the spare selector and basically flipped it the other way so the 'selector ball' is sat just off the diff housing. I have some spare gear rods here that I'll be able to adjust to suit the linkage now.

Going to sack off the plastic bushes peugeot use in the selector ball and the gearstick, and go for some bronze ones.
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to seeing this finished

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I feel this is in need of a bit of an update...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Boosting again??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
DumDum by the test run i meant the practice run of you driving it into water!
Thanks given by:
I suppose it is due a bit of a refresh.

To recap quickly; engine in on mounts and gear linkage hooked up (don't go for 5th for the moment) needs more fettling.

Around Christmas I mocked up coolant piping out of what I had and made up some radiator mounts.

James and Ruan offered to call in last week on their way into the Kernow for a spot of wiring.

[Image: IMG_0561_zpsxmtownjs.jpg]

They also came up on Sunday along with 'Cummins Chris' from Lobb Land.

Bit of fabrication required; MAP sensor mounting & take off, clutch switch and throttle pedal mount.

Mounted a lift pump in the tank, hooked up the fuel lines and codged a radiator on to the front.

Bit of wiring to the dash including making full use of the OEM EML.

Also OBD port is currently chillin' out in the passenger footwell.

Bit of a fail with the brakes...I have no calipers - didnt matter as it wasn't really in a state for driving.

But Mr Frost is helping out parts wise as he conviniently broke up a HDi at the weekend which I also pilfered some better water pipes, inertia switch and clutch switch setup as well.

[Image: WhatsApp%20Image%202017-02-20%20at%2010....qbo0h.jpeg]

So we were ready to see if the motor would swing over (at this point I had never heard this block run, I bought it from someone up north off ebay - the head came off my C5 and the gearbox was off a Eco 206 I had a while ago).

So turned the key...no lift pump priming...checked fuses, wires - turned out to be the inertia switch had clicked off.

Then testing the 206 TPS throttle pedal...needed to switch a couple wires there.

[Image: IMG_0568_zps1y3mndm1.jpg]

...with all that now working time for a crank.

This is a genuine official first start video with all the fails included, sounds like a bag of nails due to no exhaust and loose injector needing nipping down a bit more.

It is also of a 'king edward' quality which I apologise for but we're only interested in sound.

Didn't get another one of it running smoother unfortunately.

Thanks given by:
I love this so much, hell its gonna be fun!
Thanks given by:
Stop the press, its a runner!

Bwarrrppp
Thanks given by:
Good effort boyz.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
For anyone interested - lack of compression when starting is due to the fact the hydraulic lifters are empty of oil as the engine has been in pieces and empty of oil. The valves won't open enough until the hydraulic lifters have oil in and can be compressed.

Of course, the massive cloud is because the ECU was quite happy and was injecting fuel - so the whole time it was cranking it was injecting, soon as it starts, the puddle of diesel in the injectors starts burning off. Should really have cranked with cam sensor off to prime oil system first before filling the bores with diesel lol!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Can't wait for driving videos of this now Smile
Thanks given by:
Which turbo is on this at the moment?
Thanks given by:
In hindsight, should of pulled the cam sensor to build oil pressure but...well...YOLO an all that.

The turbo is nothing to write home about, just a stock GT17. I didn't want to spend ages making my either my 2052 or 2260 fit if the engine/block was knackard. Got a spare 16v Head so could always mock something up at a later date.

Been busy ordering up a few bits and pieces; brake pads, water hose joiners. Need an Aux belt that only runs the alternator if anyone knows the size. Else I'll 'string method' it
Thanks given by:
That GTA1749V will be more enough to shred some pizza cutter tyres and make it feel frankly dangerous anyway.
Thanks given by:
Great stuff Mark, good to hear some of my bits have come in useful.
Thanks given by:
This is absolutely epic Mr Fish!

Potential deadline on completion? Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2017, 06:44 PM)Frosty Wrote: Great stuff Mark, good to hear some of my bits have come in useful.

Thanks again.

(24-02-2017, 10:42 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: This is absolutely epic Mr Fish!

Potential deadline on completion? Tongue

Cheers Matt, start of April maybe. Not living on site with the car anymore makes it awkward to progress as quick as wanted.
Thanks given by:
Nice moves Master Fish.
How is the other blue wonder doing?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2017, 10:25 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Nice moves Master Fish.
How is the other blue wonder doing?

Cheers Danny

Yep still got it, just collecting parts for it. Got a motor and a few spares. Need a TU 205 gearbox pin mount and I might spare an hour or so to drop it in.

Will get onto it for the Spring, would be nice to get it to pugfest.
Thanks given by:
why do you need an ma gearbox bracket? it wont fit a BE box.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2017, 10:09 AM)welshpug Wrote: why do you need an ma gearbox bracket?  it wont fit a BE box.

Referring to a different car... Which isn't using a BE box Smile
Thanks given by:
oh, lol.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by: