Knocking/tapping front end

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knocking/tapping front end
As per the thread posted by Matt in here: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=30332

I am following the issues on in my own thread.

Been getting the knocking for some time and saw the above thread and learned a few things from that.

So, last night I took a butchers at the underneath and saw the exhaust sagging low! So the noises may have also been coming from the zorst hitting the heat shield underneath as it was very loose.

When I say very loose, the fucker fell out of the centre pipe when I had a mess with it this morning! So that may have been contributing to the noises I have been hearing. So yeah, went to work on it today and the heavens opened! I got soaked and pissed off very quickly only to get more irritated when the nut sheared off of the clamp Sad

Luckily I had a spare knocking about in the shed and got to work on that. I noticed that there was a lot of 'pull' on the mounts holding the back box so thought I would adjust this accordingly so as to eliminate the 'pull' on the joint. Sorted.

Now moving onto the front end, I have noticed the BJ's are fine, the ARB is loose like a West Midlands whore, drop links are crap, P bush bolts are present and correct but P bushes are shite! So the shopping list is as follows:

P bushes
ARB bushes (maybe some new clamps for these?)
Drop links
Plasters
Valium

Are there any other things I could or should check front end for, that I have missed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Well get them done and report back Smile

dont buy cheap be my advice
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Will do Piggy Wink its in need of tracking too i think Sad Wheel shudders and shit at 70+mph but i guess the bushes being f*cked don't help that either...no uneven wear apparent on tyres...?
Thanks given by:
Shagged bushes will cause judder if they're bad. Don't worry about new clamps for the arb bushes, it's not a consumable part.

Also, you missed something off the shopping list; can't have a good night on the valium without some gin to wash it down.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ah yes, indeed Wink I had a bad experience on Gin many moons back, maybe vodka will suffice Smile I will leave the clamps then cheers for that geezah Wink

Oh wait, I don't drink Big Grin you don't either do you?
Thanks given by:
Haha good point, i do drink, but barely, there's better available. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
wheel juddering will not be from a tracking issue, the wheel judder will be either the dodgy bushes(most likely from the sounds) or wheel balancing. if you are going to be removing the botom arm or any part of the steering then tracking should be done to prevent uneven tyre wear however is not necessary to stop a judder!
Thanks given by:
Its P bushes mate Wink Did the ARB bushes and droplinks and had a butchers around...p bushes are shagged!

P bushes = shagged £6 a pair from ginge maybe Wink
Lower engine mount = shagged £10 odd - £30 odd option 1 option 2
top engine mount = shagged £7 odd option 1
Strut mount bearings = shagged £13 odd option 1

all of these are contributing to judders and knocks....If anyone can suggest any better parts please advise me.

Next months shopping list is hopefully all of the above... I hope ginge has the P bushes up for sale still, i might have them away Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Thats not the top mount per say.. Thats the buffer pad things, the engine mount is below that bit
Thanks given by:
Yeah man, the daylight either side of the pads is showing but you get my drift Wink
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2015, 06:30 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Thats not the top mount per say.. Thats the buffer pad things, the engine mount is below that bit

Indeed. This is the top engine mount - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...afb&000461
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2015, 07:08 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: Yeah man, the daylight either side of the pads is showing but you get my drift Wink

There is abit of a gap between them iirc
Thanks given by:
Yeah? I can shake the engine but not as bad as others I have seen. I'm thinking of changing the lot, cheers seb Wink its not that expensive to change it all out Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clicking/tapping noises when going over bumps ect LewisG 10 2,435 12-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Last Post: LewisG
  Knocking from front end drivers side???? Dannyetches 4 1,672 12-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dannyetches