matrix pipe O rings leaking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
matrix pipe O rings leaking
Anyone had any issues with the O rings inside the car, just before the matrix??

Mine just keep leaking grrrrr

Even tried some silicone sealant 
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I did on my sisters 206CC, matrix was A-OK, seals had gone, found the required size from a Russian 206CC forum!
ordered on eBay, 99p for 10 or something and sorted it. Matrix doesn't even need to come out to change it, all very cool.
Thanks given by:
Yeah they're a fcuker, have you just swapped matrix then?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Adding silicone to the mix is likely to just make it worse, you shouldn't need to add anything else.

Take it apart, clean it up, fit new O rings and make sure it fits straight and tight.
Thanks given by:
I put mine down to being a pattern part and the pipes on the matrix being ever so slightly too long, are you struggling to get the clip back on?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Nah, heater box being in n out a few times for testing this and that, so I didnt bother disconnecting from engine side, just from interior side. but think I'll need to take it all out n try new rings.
Anyone know what size they are or a link so I can buy before I rip it out?
Thanks for help peeps
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ahhh there's your problem then, you shouldn't split the matrix there.
Thanks given by:
Get them from Peugeot, i had nothing but trouble with pattern ones and ones from a multipack from Halfords. Ended up going to a scrapyard and picking up some genuines instead of the pattern new ones.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2015, 04:03 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Ahhh there's your problem then, you shouldn't split the matrix there.

But a new matrix doesnt come with that part, has to be split. Its just two screws and two O rings. Done it loads of times before no issues Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yes it does.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
It does come with as said.... Not sure where you've been shopping, I know lots of people struggle to seal them again when you take that fitting off.
Thanks given by:
Thats odd

Its just freaking two screws n two O rings...how hard can it be!? Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2015, 05:39 AM)Piggy Wrote: Thats odd

Its just freaking two screws n two O rings...how hard can it be!? Sad

Well you're finding out lol Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Just o-rings... https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=...20disaster
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2015, 08:27 AM)tigerstyle Wrote: Just o-rings... https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=...20disaster

Eh?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wrong link maybe... lol
Thanks given by:
Sod it

Ordered a new one. £14.49 posted
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No, he's referring to the fact it was 'just an o-ring' that failed and brought down a rocket Wink
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2015, 12:32 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: No, he's referring to the fact it was 'just an o-ring' that failed and brought down a rocket Wink

Ah, clever! lol

'Disintegration of the vehicle began after an O-ring seal in its right solid rocket booster (SRB) failed at liftoff.'
Thanks given by:
Indeed.
Well this rocket is grounded till I get this sorted
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yes they do come complete from pug with the bulkhead pipes and I rings and bolt all assembled as one.

However last 3 I've done I ordered the matrix from GSF who ordered me one directly from Valeo for the phase 1 6 I've not long done. Was identical to the original and a good price too.

Ones for later cars are Behr units and they did the same for me and ordered them from Hella/ Behr and again was identical to the original I removed. All came complete with bulkhead pipes O rings and bolts.

Make sure you order new O rings from pug for the connection between the bulkhead pipes and the pipes that clip on in the engine bay as they don't often go back properly being 15ish years old.
Thanks given by:
It's not the age of car that determines the matrix, it's whether it has AC or not. Behr is for AC cars, Valeo is for non-AC.
Thanks given by:
Ive never used pug ones. Always just found two the right size in my box of o rings and never had an issue.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: