Guitar players please :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guitar players please :)
my 18 month old son VERY interested in my dads acoustic guitar!

I've dabbled a bit, would like to try a bit more. Got a cheapo electric but its a faf to get out and set up. Would like to get an acoustic guitar to try out. I know we have some keen musicians on here, what would you recommend?

Im thinking, if I can do it, I can help Thomas when he's old enough to try it properly!
Thanks given by:
Tbh just get a cheap 1/2 or 3/4 size nylon acoustic off of eBay or something if you want to buy in preparation for the future. For young developers even having a cheap ukulele in the house would help as it would be something a tiny person could hold, interact with and "play".

But for yourself. If you want a nice priced acoustic. Something like a tanglewood or a squire steel strung acoustic would do
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Can't fault the Ashton I bought, sounds real nice and was pretty cheap
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
IF you want an electro acoustic, look at crafter, they are really nice.. dont need the amp but have hte option to thrash it a little if you want,

acoustics are s lightly easier to learn on in my opinion

for him, 1/2 size acoustic, you can get em for about £60 nerw from most music shops, second hand on ebay as well
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Turner make a good acoustic, depends how much you have to spend dude, give me a budget and I'll give you some ideas Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Dont want to get anything too cheap, looking at £80-130. If I could get one of those cool looking stands so I dont have to lean it against the wall in my budget, that would be useful!

Im never gonna do anything with it but play for myself and try to encourage Thomas if he takes more interest.
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2015, 11:44 AM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: But for yourself. If you want a nice priced acoustic. Something like a tanglewood or a squire steel strung acoustic would do

(19-04-2015, 08:36 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Dont want to get anything too cheap, looking at £80-130. If I could get one of those cool looking stands so I dont have to lean it against the wall in my budget, that would be useful!

Im never gonna do anything with it but play for myself and try to encourage Thomas if he takes more interest.

You would be able to find a tanglewood for that budget, imho I have always loved the feel of the tanglewood's. They play and sound nice and are built to last Wink As for stands, you could make your own cool looking stand Wink and it would be inexpensive.
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
^ tanglewood are great budgets. Many others available but I was always impressed when working in a guitar shop of the quality and their no quibble quality exchange. Have you tried your local music shop? They usually do starter bundles of a guitar, tuner, stand etc. be worth looking.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I was going to suggest a Tanglewood - I agree on how they feel to play and a nice tone to match Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Got this

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bas...atural/JQR

and for Thomas

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bas...4music/CAO
Thanks given by:
Nice one mate, you won't regret it. I had one years ago and loved it Smile Uke looks cool too Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2015, 08:36 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Dont want to get anything too cheap, looking at £80-130. If I could get one of those cool looking stands so I dont have to lean it against the wall in my budget, that would be useful!

For that budget I'd get something second hand mate, that's very little money to buy new, you'll get total crap for those pennies, might pick something serviceable second hand for that tho if you're lucky Smile

Ahh just seen you've bought one, well gear for music is cheap, check thomann out next time too, German company but cheap shipping and still cheaper than over here.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I was never very good Matt, so it'll probably be fine for me.

Im aware that what I consider expensive is probably super cheap to someone who can play properly!

I will give it a go, if I can get Thomas interested, all the better!

I will have fun with the ukulele too Smile
Thanks given by:
The cheaper you buy, the harder the instrument is to play and can be off putting when you're learning, hopefully it won't be too bad if you're lucky, two of the same guitars will often play differently Smile
Thanks given by:
Lot of positive comments about them though Matt Smile

Just out of interest (for the next one if I maintain enthusiasm) what would you recommend?
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2015, 08:13 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Lot of positive comments about them though Matt Smile

Just out of interest (for the next one if I maintain enthusiasm) what would you recommend?

300 plus I'd get a Turner, 600 might get you a nice little second hand Martin, Smile
Thanks given by:
i have an Ovation matrix electro-acoustic, roundback gives it a pretty nice sound, ally fretboard is awesome, but showing it's age,

i've played a few tanglewoods, the first i had the pleasure of was really very good, comfortable, crisp, however i've played ones which were just 'bulky' feeling and a bit bleugh...

think the 'nice one' was pretty much this one, http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bas...Guitar/FK1 bit more of a rounded hip and wider fretboard,

sure yours will be ok though, main thing is to keep at it and play,
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  any piano and synth players on here? procta 0 720 01-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Last Post: procta
  Anyone going players tomorrow ?? Jukie88 4 1,419 14-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Jonny b