Back box ideas, thought.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back box ideas, thought.
So I've now got a straight through on my motor and to be honest its far to loud for me. I need a quietish exhaust. That flows well and can be hidden. I don't want it sitting under the bumper. The idea of the 2.1 was to be fairly stealthy.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Centre box as a backbox is quite a common one to do
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seems a bit restrictive imo. Ive got a spare centre box I can use I need be.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Straight through system to a normal backbox is quite a good one, looks stock from the back.
Thanks given by:
Im not sure what the standard back box is like for flow though. Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2015, 10:33 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Seems a bit restrictive imo. Ive got a spare centre box I can use I need be.

The middle box is a hell of a lot less restrictive than the backbox..
Thanks given by:
^^ This.. I thought the centres were essentially 'straight through' just with baffles around them
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok fair enough. I will now be trying to find a good centre box or a back box for next month.
Thanks given by:
New pattern centre sections are cheap enough iirc, that's the better option than a backbox as above, it still won't be quiet though.
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2015, 12:42 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(21-04-2015, 10:33 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Seems a bit restrictive imo. Ive got a spare centre box I can use I need be.

The middle box is a hell of a lot less restrictive than the backbox..

Depends which backbox you use Tongue
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Im not after an oem quietness. Just something a touch quiter than that.
Thanks given by:
I may have my cat back soon available bash
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just to echo what has been said, you just want a straight through box with some baffling.

Will just dull the noise down.

I've had both on my HDi and its a lot less 'thundery' having baffles.
Thanks given by:
Ok so any universal back box really.
Thanks given by:
Get some bits from jettex and make yourself up a 2.5" twin box system, some of their silencers are pretty big and if you don't have a spare wheel you could fit a load of them.
Thanks given by:
Just before I left work today had a BMW 320d estate in and the back box is 2 1\2 inch pipe work and looks beefy enough to keep things quiet enough for my liking. May have a scrap yard run happening now.
Thanks given by:
2.25 / 2.5" look perfect coming out of the bumper Smile
Thanks given by:
He wants a ninji/stealth/sleeper, so nothing on show Wink

What dum-dum suggests ThumbsUp i think it would sound low and rumbly but not too noisy and have sufficient flow Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  just a thought... pugjohn306 11 3,572 09-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Last Post: pugjohn306
  I saw this, and thought of you... WiNgNuTz 21 5,105 07-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Thought i'd ****ed it... Poodle 26 10,495 24-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum