Injector/pre ignition tapping up till 3.2k

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injector/pre ignition tapping up till 3.2k
Hi guys,  

My car seems to sound like a loud sewing machine from about 2k ish up till 3.2k and although I don't think it's affecting the running it sounds awful. The noise stops dead at 3.2k like someone has flipped a switch lol. Is this the injectors and or the infamous pre ignition I've heard about?

Huh
Thanks given by:
It's a cause of the pre-injection that is used to quieten combustion noise and pre-heat the cylinder before the main injection event.

Worn injectors tend to rattle more when it's active and go quiet when it turns off... It's not a problem as such, I've never seen an injector truly fail due to it, trying to rectify it will simply empty your bank balance and make them quiet again, from everything I've heard, there appears to be no performance/efficiency gain purely due to the rattling.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
As above, I changed a set of rattly ones for a set of newer ones...no performance or MPG change, just a bit quieter...not worth the money. Turn the radio up, it's cheaper lol.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that both of you! I guess I will put up with the noise till I can't take it any longer lmao. I have read up the 307 hdi injectors with part number 0445110076 are supposedly the later revised design and do not have the Rattle even past 180k miles! And do not need coding, few used sets on eBay for about 40 quid.
Thanks given by:
There are a few codes that are less prone to ticking, it's the end 3 numbers that are useful...

076 and 068 are the ones I can remember, sure theres another. Mine were 076's, as said though, not worth it just for a bit less noise really.

They don't need coding as you say, just plug and play.
Thanks given by:
Ahhh OK. I'll keep that in mind dude thanks but will live with it for now as I have other bits I want to buy Smile
Thanks given by:
OK I'm gonna ask even though my head is telling me his will be a idiot question. Would the injectors be louder running on premium diesel (vpower) rather than normal stuff if all the cars life it has just had regular diesel? I was just thinking the car has only done 84k and on the test drive I cannot recall hearing the injectors or for the rest of the tank but then the past 2 tanks I have used v power which I then noticed the noise.... Is that just coincidence? or would the cars components not be used to the cleaner burn from premium fuel?
Thanks given by:
The noise isn't related to how the diesel burns, i can't say i've ever noticed a difference in the noise between normal and premium fuel. A splash of two-stroke oil in with each tank is meant to help the noise.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I would recommend 076 injectors. I stuck some in the estate and it sounds loads healthier now. No ticking under load.

I bought mine for £40 and a new set of copper seals for around a fiver. Injectors come out easy so was only an hour to swap.
Thanks given by:
When j was using bodiesel and 2 stroke the engine was much quieter
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2015, 05:17 AM)Poodle Wrote: The noise isn't related to how the diesel burns, i can't say i've ever noticed a difference in the noise between normal and premium fuel. A splash of two-stroke oil in with each tank is meant to help the noise.

Thanks for the info dude.

(18-04-2015, 01:05 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: I would recommend 076 injectors. I stuck some in the estate and it sounds loads healthier now. No ticking under load.

I bought mine for £40 and a new set of copper seals for around a fiver. Injectors come out easy so was only an hour to swap.

I was watching a set on eBay out of curiosity and they sold for 100 quid lol. I have heard that he fuel lines need to be replaced too due to when being crimped to the injectors the pipe bends..... Or something like that....

(18-04-2015, 03:25 PM)lolsteve Wrote: When j was using bodiesel  and 2 stroke the engine was much quieter

I will may have to experiment with this 2 stroke idea.... How much of the oil should I add to a full tank of diesel? I usually use v power diesel.
Thanks given by:
You don't really need to change the pipes, just make sure you finger tighten the unions before tightening up the clamps. Be sure the pipes have seated nicely back to where they were.
Thanks given by: td163
I just whacked in a full 500ml bottle thing per full tank. The hdi wasn't as fussy as some might make them out to be but they're not xud
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loud Tapping On Start td163 15 3,621 07-12-2015, 07:14 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Hdi weird noise till warm Piggy 8 2,094 20-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Tapping inlet elbow Eeyore 7 2,745 29-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Eeyore