Cheap breaker bar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap breaker bar
Think the breaker bar i bought was 12/13 quid? Lifetime warranty though
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Id be seriously worried about the resulting injury from a cheap bar with the force that would be going through it when it finally gave out. Don't be such a tight arse Steve, it sound like you've broken it in 12 months without undoing anything particularly hefty.
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2016, 04:33 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Id be seriously worried about the resulting injury from a cheap bar with the force that would be going through it when it finally gave out. Don't be such a tight arse Steve, it sound like you've broken it in 12 months without undoing anything particularly hefty.

this ^^^^^^ think you've spent too much time up North mate, even I'm not that tight lol Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
doubt any bar is going to snap before the square bit shears off

plus, also just buy halffords - replaced mine again today, must be the 3rd time so far.
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2016, 05:10 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: doubt any bar is going to snap before the square bit shears off

plus, also just buy halffords - replaced mine again today, must be the 3rd time so far.

That still has the potential for injury.

Having had both workplace injuries and a few working on cars, I value my health quite a bit!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2016, 04:44 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(12-10-2016, 04:33 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Id be seriously worried about the resulting injury from a cheap bar with the force that would be going through it when it finally gave out. Don't be such a tight arse Steve, it sound like you've broken it in 12 months without undoing anything particularly hefty.

this ^^^^^^ think you've spent too much time up North mate, even I'm not that tight lol Big Grin
Yeah when your hanging off a 6 foot pole slipped over the bar for extra leverage that'll be quite some failure.

(12-10-2016, 05:10 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: doubt any bar is going to snap before the square bit shears off

I'd disagree, the only one I've seen snapped in person was at the end of the bar where the pivot goes through
Thanks given by:
dumdum if you're talking about the for at the end, then yeah of course they're goona splay and snap if you put too much force through them.

saying not as if the bar shatters in half and bounces back in your face.

tbh if you're gonna stick scaff over it and hang off it you're looking for trouble. I've never broken one in 'normal' use, aka not expecting it to do anymore torque than it should for a 1/2. Tools for the job, get the 3/4 out and a long bar, work safe and considered - give me a lever big enough ...etc

Works same other way with chaps doing everything with a 1/2 ratchet set and over torquing, snapping lil 8mm bolts ...etc

Yes I have hung off the end of a big 'persuader' slipped over the end of a bar, and yes it has broke or slipped and I have hurt myself :p
Thanks given by:
I've snapped a few decent ones through abuse with scaffold tubes.
They all snapped at the square drive and I am still alive. So are the breaker bars as those bits are replaceable on decent bars.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
t bar and scaffold pole.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
just buy a beasty impact gun, no fear of snapping breaker bars then Big Grin
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
just bolts!

Sincerely

A milwaukee owner.

lmao
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
I've used my Halfords one for a couple of years now without any issues, they're pretty good at replacing tools as mentioned above. How are you guys managing to snap bars?? I've given mine some abuse over it's time, I must be doing something wrong!
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2016, 07:59 PM)reese Wrote: I've used my Halfords one for a couple of years now without any issues, they're pretty good at replacing tools as mentioned above. How are you guys managing to snap bars?? I've given mine some abuse over it's time, I must be doing something wrong!

I've not snapped one yet but 6ft of scaff and nearly 20 stone hanging off the end of it would appear to be the appropriate way to do it.
Thanks given by:
Ive snapped 3 snapon ones that were all my bosses my sealey one has held up fine for 5/6 years of heavy use almost everyday. Then again 9 stone hanging on it is never gonna break atuff that easily.

I think for 5 quid his got his use though. There is stuff impact guns cant do that breaker bars can ive seen enough impact guns (from snap on to sealey) fail to undo stuff lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decent 306 Breaker - Autobreak Toms306 13 3,871 08-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Last Post: thebluepearl
  Incorrect parts from breaker cpikey316_ 13 2,356 21-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Last Post: cpikey316_