my car search is over!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my car search is over!
Bought this today! Traded in my accord for it! got 2.1k for the accord and £1895 cash his way.

Drove it home and got 46mpg on windy country roads! Happy with that!!

1.8i VTEC!! Petrol once more!

*sits back and waits for the "should have bought a diesel" replies*
Thanks given by:
Diesels are shit. Good choice imo! Rear visibility in these is a bit lacking though lol.
Thanks given by:
Good choice, not massive on the colour but it seems a popular colour so not everyone must feel how I do!
Thanks given by:
Whats the mileage? £4k is a lot of money for that tbh

And oh, you should have bought a diesel Tongue
Thanks given by:
82k, its a top spec model remember, so integrated sat nav, dual zone climate control, bluetooth kit.

Will eventually be the family runaround, ill be looking for something saaby and convertible as soon as Katie goes back to work!

We do less that 10k a year even between us, so we dont really do the miles to warrant a diesel, and no long motorway runs for the DPF.

I got about the same MPG as I did in my Accord, happy with that Smile
Thanks given by:
Is it an ex? That's good then. I'm contemplating the 2.2 cdti but i know i'll end up spending a few grand on type r kit and interior lol
Thanks given by:
Has the sat nav been updated?
If not it will be massively out of date

We had one in at work and I have to say I found the dash to be awful and that visable ball thing of a gear change horrible
Thanks given by:
the CDTi engine is good but the Honda guys really rate the 1.8 petrol.

Sat nav is out of date, but free copies of copies are available!!

I dont mind the dash, its far better than the drab ford dash I saw.
Thanks given by:
How anyone can complain about the dash in these I'll never know - they must be used to Hyper cars I assume?!

It's like a space-ship. I was so close to buying one of these (almost a moonstone blue colour) in 2.2 CDTi flavour last year, but ended up keeping the Pug a while longer.

Was nothing wrong with the gearchange or the visibility out the back of the one I nearly bought. Granted, the rear window design makes for interesting reversing but it certainly wasn't as bad as an Insignia, for example.

The rear bench is also absolute genius.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
you be waiting for the Vtec to kick in Tongue
Thanks given by:
1.8 petrol in that?

Well on the up side at least nobody is ever going to want to steal it.
Thanks given by:
Love the digital dash on these, in fact I love the styling in general, so un-Honda.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I am enjoying it so far, gets a drive to Wales today, so thatll give me more time to get used to it!
Thanks given by:
Bleurgh! As long as you're happy...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(11-04-2015, 02:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Diesels are shit. Good choice imo! Rear visibility in these is a bit lacking though lol.

You change your mind a lot
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2015, 11:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: 1.8 petrol in that?

Why? It's a fantastic unit?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 06:57 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 02:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Diesels are shit. Good choice imo! Rear visibility in these is a bit lacking though lol.

You change your mind a lot

Cant argue with that! But I've never liked diesels, just can't afford a petrol daily so that only leaves one option lol. lol I should add, there was some irony/sarcasm in that, it doesn't really come across on the internet. Confused
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 07:54 AM)C.A.R. Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 11:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: 1.8 petrol in that?

Why? It's a fantastic unit?

Cos if your going to steal a car you'd steal something decent or at least fast.

I like the Civic but a brown 1.8 petrol I think I'd pass.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 09:15 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I like the Civic but a brown 1.8 petrol I think I'd pass.

Yeah, a brown 1.8 petrol has to be a Benz ninja
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Or a rusty 306 XS lol

Looks nice. Not my cup of tea. They went a bit space age IMO with the design of these too early but supposed to be a very good car!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Good choice, we had the 2.2 diesel for a few years - I never rated the handling on the diesel, wallowed around like a right old boat.
The Petrol engined cars are supposed to be much lighter on their feet.

The proper folding rear seats were always a nice touch, folding properly flat made it useful for carrying shit around.
Thanks given by:
The Honda lot rave about this engine. I enjoyed my diesel Accord but we just dont do the milage to justify the extra costs of one.

I quite like the colour, looks like it wont need too much cleaning! Smile

Pulled off from the lights at 7k rpm earlier. Well wicked fam!
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 07:02 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Pulled off from the lights at 7k rpm earlier. Well wicked fam!

But zero torque. I've owned too many Hondas lol, including a B16 which revved to 8.5k but the lack of torque is why i'd never go back to n/a petrols. Should be reliable as fcuk though!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, its not a racecar!! But will be fine for commuting and taking the wife shopping! Plan is to get something more fun soon for me. Something saaby again Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Search Broken? JamesPT 0 810 17-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Last Post: JamesPT
  Search for the first modern car lolsteve 1 1,072 08-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Search function pugvivant 8 1,855 25-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum