Hatch vs estate exhaust midsection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatch vs estate exhaust midsection
I know there's a difference between the two as the hatch mid section is shorter. 

Has any one made one to fit the estate by lengthening it? 

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291424120387?nav=SEARCH 

There's the one I've been looking at. 

I'm going to be making a custom back box out of a 2.5" down turned tip/2.5" silencer and pipe to keep the noise down 
Thanks given by:
The mid pipes are exactly the same, its just the backbox that's different.
Thanks given by:
You're wrong mate

I've fitted a hatch mid section to my estate and the back box olive was 2-3" further back towards the front of the car compared to the estate mid section
Thanks given by:
They do appear different on parts sites as well. I can't see it being too hard to extend the midpipe a few inches.

Why just ask them to make it a bit longer for you? From their ebay page, they say they make it themselves
Thanks given by:
I've just asked them.

Any one else who would be interested in a straight through middle section for a hdi Estate?
Thanks given by:
Ive fitted decat and middle section from a hatch on my hdi estate, found i had to bend the hangers to get it to sit right though and im also running a powerflow back box
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
I found when I done my hdi conversion on the estate that the mid section was a couple of inches shorter on a hatchback I had to extend it to make it fit
Thanks given by:
Well they got back to me and said they can't supply a mid section for the estate. So choppy choppy it is then
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  exhaust system for an estate? MIKE-FORD 0 880 08-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Last Post: MIKE-FORD
  Hatchback exhaust on estate ? Leedunn86 2 998 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Leedunn86