Clutch issue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch issue
Are they using euros parts? Could well be worth paying out for a genuine one.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 11:42 AM)Poodle Wrote: Are they using euros parts? Could well be worth paying out for a genuine one.

I had a euro cable fitted a month back, works perfectly fine and no more stiff pedal
Thanks given by:
Normally I would do exactly that, but it's a mate on "mates rates" all in to be changed twice £60?!?

The cable came from euro parts included in that cost!!

I'm sure if I went to peugout direct it would be spot on but double the price?!?

It's ok, just not perfect!!
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 02:00 PM)Farmingstock Wrote: Normally I would do exactly that, but it's a mate on "mates rates" all in to be changed twice £60?!?

The cable came from euro parts included in that cost!!

I'm sure if I went to peugout direct it would be spot on but double the price?!?

It's ok, just not perfect!!

So what if it's a mate? If he did the job properly in the first place, you wouldn't have to keep taking it back. Man up ffs!
Thanks given by:
Ha ha ha, I'll drive it for a week and see how it goes!! If it doesn't improve I'll get him told!! Last time I did it myself and so knew what a pain in the arse it would be and got him to do it!!

Thing is I was driving it for a couple of days with no clutch and may have done damage?!? He seams to think the clutch fork is on plastic runners and it feels like the fork is wobbly! His suggestion was to change the plastic runners, but that means box out?!? Is this right or a cop out?!?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you need a new mate Big Grin mate haha

Nah, lol. You checked the pedal, didn't you? This needs ha hexpert methinks
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
It is right, clutch fork bushes wear and make for a shit feeling pedal, even when the clutch and cable are new...from experience. Rolleyes No point doing them until you're gonna do the clutch as well though, it's a 'box off job as you say.
Thanks given by:
But would a snapped cable cause the bushes wear bad enough to cause such a noticable difference? I still think it's your idiot of a mate who hasn't done the job properly and is just making excuses.

Mine is at 155k and the bushes were fine. Only cost £4 from a dealer anyway, when the time comes to get them done
Thanks given by:
I can almost guarantee the bushes weren't fine on yours at 155k...even if they look it, you'd be amazed at the difference with new ones!

The snapped cable won't cause any extra wear to them though, no.
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 04:03 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I can almost guarantee the bushes weren't fine on yours at 155k...even if they look it, you'd be amazed at the difference with new ones!

The snapped cable won't cause any extra wear to them though, no.

My mate said they were fine so didn't bother changing them. Tbh i would rather he just did them. He wasn't being lazy as he was already changing the clutch and cable.

My 5th gear synco is fooked anyway so will need another box in the future, will change them then
Thanks given by:
He was being lazy, it takes less than 5 minutes to change them while the 'box is off. lol You'll definitely notice a difference when you do change them. Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 04:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: He was being lazy, it takes less than 5 minutes to change them while the 'box is off. lol  You'll definitely notice a difference when you do change them. Smile

He just tries to save me money wherever he can, even when i dont want to lol mainly due to me taking cars to him, spending money then selling them a few weeks later lol
Thanks given by:
Lol, fair enough! Never understand why people can't just keep cars for years... Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 04:19 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, fair enough!  Never understand why people can't just keep cars for years... Itwasntme

lol
Thanks given by:
Where do you take it Ice? Im having a new clutch soon but might change all the other working parts, bushes, fork recon, cable, pedal etc. Ive got a mate who can do it for £90 and get the clutch at trade...hopefully Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Carcraft in wednesbury. I'm just glad i have a mechanic i can 100% trust. Rare thing to come by
Thanks given by:
this is true, my mate has been in the game 15 years, worked a backstreet garage then got a job at IN-and-OUT J9... he's pulled me outta the brown sticky stuff a couple of times Smile

Its not just what you know... its who Wink
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 06:05 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: this is true, my mate has been in the game 15 years, worked a backstreet garage then got a job at IN-and-OUT J9... he's pulled me outta the brown sticky stuff a couple of times Smile

Its not just what you know... its who Wink

I've been in there a few times for mot and they've been great. Contrary to what most mot reviews say!
Thanks given by:
They have loads of custom you know, good guys there too...specially my mate...he's worked to the bone but its cleaner than the old place and more modern
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 06:42 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: They have loads of custom you know, good guys there too...specially my mate...he's worked to the bone but its cleaner than the old place and more modern

I'd never pay their rates though, dealer prices iirc
Thanks given by:
Oh god no! Lol they get the custom though, just not mine Big Grin I'll do mine myself Wink ...except punctures
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by: