problem with clocks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem with clocks.
ever since ive changed to bulbs on my clocks the temp and petrol gauge ave been playing up.
basicly, the petrol takes ages to show its true reading and the reserve light dont come on.
temp, same thing really. i dont think its showing the right temp and even when you turn the ignition off it still says the temp if you get me.
now, when i took the clocks out i broke the blue (i think) clip behind the rev counter. this still pushes in but not to sure if it moves when i screw it back in.
also could i have pushed the needles on to tight when i put them back together. :? any help please.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well, the petrol gauges are never accurate anyway, so no problem there! lol

When you say you broke the blue clip, I assume you mean the retaining clip on the electrical connections behind the dash, in which case I'd be inclined to say that's probably the problem, although I'm not sure how easy it is to replace said clips, but I doubt you could have pushed the needles on too tight.

Hope that helps. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I bet the clips you can just clip them off with a flat blade screw driver. Try spending couple hours figuring it out at scrap yard.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yes you can push the dial pointers back to far and they will drag/stick on the dial face

as for the fuel light not working check the lamp it probably went pop when you desterbed it
Thanks given by:
cully Wrote:yes you can push the dial pointers back to far and they will drag/stick on the dial face

as for the fuel light not working check the lamp it probably went pop when you desterbed it

I stand corrected. :bow-yellow:
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cully Wrote:yes you can push the dial pointers back to far and they will drag/stick on the dial face

I moved my pointer by accident when I did my white dials but moved ten back the other way a click or 2 and it worked just fine.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There's quite a bit of tension on that blue plug behind the dash when plugged in due to the large amount of wires, hence the clip on the plug. Would put a pint on it being that...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
when i said i broke it, i meant i broke it. the clocks and the clip. as you can see the clock side of thing will be fine im sure it will still work as it should. but i think i have to replace the clip. which involves cutting and connecting wires. im i going down the right track??? will also need some new clocks in the end as i hate the blue neons and want plasma. so anyone with clocks out their with around 85000 miles then please pm me. cheers.
[Image: IMAG0314-1.jpg]

just found this one. petrol light is working here so fuuck knows whats happened to that. the car was running and up to temp, but not acording to the dial. it sometimes works. as for the petrol well, i had about £20 haha.
[Image: IMAG0328.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can you picture of the clip up mate?

From the looks of it (I am on my phone) there's nothing left on that blue plug to clip to...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
sorry grant i havent unless i take it all to peices and ive got to leave for work shortly. basicly is the clip that holds it in place and stops it from coming out. if you know what i mean.
Thanks given by:
I'm with Cully, I think you have pushed the dials back on too far and they are sticking against the face, especially if they are showing a reading eventually. If it was the plug causing it and you plugged it in and started the car they should work, granted it may vibrate out when your driving but they should work fine to begin with and I suspect many other things would also have stopped working if it was the plug Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
yeah the plug seams tight enough but ive tryed to fix the problem and everytime i have the clocks out and put them back its always different. ie not as bad ( or its worse) than before.
but saying that it might be the needles. will start with them when i get a chance. then take it from their.
Thanks given by:
kingy Wrote:yeah the plug seams tight enough but ive tryed to fix the problem and everytime i have the clocks out and put them back its always different. ie not as bad ( or its worse) than before.
but saying that it might be the needles. will start with them when i get a chance. then take it from their.

I would just pull them out slightly so that they can't be catching on the dial faces and see what happens, try turning the ignition on with the clocks out and holding the plug in place with your hand, if you have the same problem then its nothing to do with the plug IMO Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
As mark said start the car with dials on the steering cowling and if the dials work then bingo, if not pull the needles away from the dials slightly with a teaspoon underneath them
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
got ya, might crack on with this now. might.
Thanks given by:
check my bad self. its done. thanks to everyone for the info. it was the needles on to tight after all. i took it all apart but for some reason i couldnt get that bloody blue clip off. so i tryed to get the fron plastic bit off whilst still connected. i broke it. anyway, pulled them off slighlty till i felt a click and hey presto they work without problems.
trip to the scrappers for new plastic bit. found a mint ph3 un touched. got what i needed then i looked down and fuuck me the key was still in. some of you might know that ive been after a key fob for a while now. that went straight in my pocket haha. looked under the bonnet and found it still had the after market air filter. got job lot for £4. billy bargin.
so, im a happy man agsin.
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:There's quite a bit of tension on that blue plug behind the dash when plugged in due to the large amount of wires, hence the clip on the plug. Would put a pint on it being that...

Looks like i owe you a pint then mate! Doh

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
haha ooops. ^^ stella by the way. :dance:
Thanks given by:
Woop woop, lol

Taking of key fobs........I still don't have it Sad
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Woop woop, lol

dont get ya mark.
Thanks given by:
kingy Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:Woop woop, lol

dont get ya mark.

The one you incorrectly bought and I then bought from you................lol it never did show up with me.
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
oooooh shit. mate, im so sorry. its in my car. i totaly forgot all about it. i promise it will be posted tomorrow. :oops:
Thanks given by:
kingy Wrote:oooooh shit. mate, im so sorry. its in my car. i totaly forgot all about it. i promise it will be posted tomorrow. :oops:

:nope: terrible behaviour Tongue

No worries, this is why i thought I would mention it, I know what my memory is like lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
ninja my bad.
Thanks given by: