Battery Cells...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery Cells...
Thumbs Up 
Hi chaps, Not a car question so put it here, that might be wrong  Undecided

Im refurbing a battery pack in a snap on impact gun, and im looking for something to join the cells, the original is done with little thin strips of some kind of metal, But i have seen it done with strips of copper soldered onto the top, which is the way i wanted to do it, but where do you buy copper strip? Im not sure what its actual purpose is so i dont really know where to look for it. 

And secondly when you join individual cells i know you add the voltage but the mah stays the same is that right? So 15 1.2v cells is 18v, and if all the new cells are 6000mah that means the whole battery is 6000mah? Which if my maths is correct means the battery will be 6AH? 
I highly doubt it because the cells are cheap chinese ones but this just an experiment for now, the originals are brown and fully charge in about a minute and the gun does one revolution then the batterys are flat lol! 

Fanks xx
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Just had a quick google and ebay search for copper earthing strip. That looks like what you may need. Available in various widths.
Thanks given by:
It depends on how you wire the batteries as to if you are increasing the voltage or the capacity. Wire them parallel and it increases capacity. Wire them in series and it increases voltage.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: