Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track
Two days hopefully & Sandy Browns mapping it next week ....the engines never been mapped in a car ...only Dyno booth ran in....

I manly wanted it for the Engine ...Sandy said it had the best power / torque curve he's ever done & everything he ever wanted to do or try has been done on this Engine .....fingers crossed....

I wanted to put my stuff into the green race car but I wouldn't get the money back to pay the Girlfriend back £8k
Thanks given by:
similar rear suspension set up as on my 2 mates 205's, I'm surprised the fuel pump's not JIC fittings thou as I hate hose clips on Race car's
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Oh my
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2016, 06:56 PM)miles Wrote: similar rear suspension set up as on my 2 mates 205's, I'm surprised the fuel pump's not JIC fittings thou as I hate hose clips on Race car's

Me too ...but mines all JIC-6 in mine Rofl
Thanks given by:
Not a bad days work Rofl
Two engines removed & two gearboxes stripped & Gripper spare removed ...
ABS removed from my Silver 6 & total engine bay cleaned & Zinc Sprayed

So pleased

Busy boys

Can't believe how thin & the quality of the flywheel & clutch

The exhaust is 3inchs of pure sex ...

The exhaust is 3inchs of pure sex ...

Attention to detail on this SB engine is insane / mental

Just before surgery to remove

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
How is your driveway so clean with at least 3 Peugeot there!? Confused
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 04:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: How is your driveway so clean with at least 3 Peugeot there!? Confused

Non of them leak oil Speechless
Thanks given by:
Well I'm not sure I believe that! lol
Thanks given by:
so whats happening to the shell of the green car?
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 05:01 PM)Eeyore Wrote: so whats happening to the shell of the green car?

Sold it with Full Satchel cage & front & rear Satchell suspension it's made & we led into the car .....had to to pay for the Car & that means I get the engine cheap ...the engines £13k ....90% of the bits have sold ....& I've sold everything off my car 45 Jenveys Satchel inlet with x8 injectors...gripper plate diff / loads of stuff gone ...
Thanks given by:
no for-sale thread here so had no opportunity in buying anything Sad

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 06:21 PM)cully Wrote: no for-sale thread here so had no opportunity in buying anything Sad

You not On 6 forum ?

What were you after ?....most of it sold within 30mins ?....it was a all crazy cheap as I need it gone & cash for the £8k the car cost ....the girlfriend wants her money she lent me back in 4weeks max
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 09:02 PM)Day666 Wrote:
(19-05-2016, 06:21 PM)cully Wrote: no for-sale thread here so had no opportunity in buying anything Sad

You not On 6 forum ?

What were you after ?....most of it sold within 30mins ?....it was a all crazy cheap as I need it gone & cash for the £8k the car cost ....the girlfriend wants her money she lent me back in 4weeks max

yes i am
but was on holiday so was only keeping an eye on this forum while on my phone Wink

im after a lightweight alloy crank pulley with timing hole

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Sadly non of them m8

Just got pics of the flocked slate grey fibreglass dash

Thanks given by:
The clutch & flywheel are a work of Art

Hell of a bearing

Paper thin flywheel Inlove

Loads to still do but getting there ....engines in Rofl

Thanks given by:
Nomnomnomnomnom

So no diff for sale...? Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2016, 07:43 AM)Piggy Wrote: Nomnomnomnomnom

So no diff for sale...? Sad

Sold the gripper diff for £400 within an hour m8 ...
Sold 45mm jenveys off mine
Sold 5speed Satchel .... 4.4 final drive 205 box off race car
Sold DTA s40 off mine
Sold race shell with Satchel cage / satchell front & rear suspension & Race Satchel shift
Sold Wilwoods off race car
Sold Satchel 45mm x8 injector inlet off mine
Used Rad off race car on mine

There other stuff I'll list later
Thanks given by:
you know when you think you have an epic build.. and then you see something and think "mine looks shit"..

this is me when i look at this build..

i think i would be right in saying that probably applies to 95% of the people with current epic builds on this forum..

Needless to say I have just spend 2 hours sat here on the laptop with a box of tissues (partly for enjoyment of epicness and partly because i am sobbing that my little 306 now looks like a rusty 1.8NAD fiesta in comparison). Definately subscribed to this thread..

NEED some of those rear shocks from that race car. was wondering about assister springs and such to stiffen up the rear somewhat, seems like a mucho sensiblio idea.. and not too difficult either...

Loving this!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
lol - I'm gonna have to leave my car with you for a week - See what magic you can do Wink

What alloys are those:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27694]
Thanks given by:
Toseland is titland

But he speaks truth there.

I have this 50/50 love/hate thing when I see this thread...hate coz I wana give up with mine...love coz well.

#epic
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2016, 06:20 PM)mackat Wrote: lol - I'm gonna have to leave my car with you for a week - See what magic you can do Wink

What alloys are those:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27694]

Compomotive Mo5s Inlove ...no longer made sadly Nospeak

(22-05-2016, 06:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: Toseland is titland

But he speaks truth there.

I have this 50/50 love/hate thing when I see this thread...hate coz I wana give up with mine...love coz well.

#epic

Look you two just get yourself to FCS & have a passenger ride Rofl
Thanks given by:
This guna be ready for fcs then?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2016, 09:24 PM)Piggy Wrote: This guna be ready for fcs then?!

Well I recon I'll have the engine started on basic map Tomorrow night as long as my exhaust man doesn't let me down tomorrow ....
Loom fitted ...fuel lines & FPR fitted
Accusump under bonnet fitted ...just the tube with on / off to fit inside the car & Dash fitting / plus heated W/S & bolt seat in & dash wiring to tidy & off to Sandys for mapping Early Thursday morning Rofl

Then hopefully if Alls well ..general tidy up & fit Passenger seat & few minor bits
Thanks given by:
Awesome! I'd come help.....but I have azillion things to do on mine now I've come to realise its crap lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
But When you throw the kind of money I have into this cars car since November last year ...this is what you get Piggy !
It would be the same with yours or anybody's m8 ...so don't think like that m8 ...
It's been my obsession & goal to get to where I am now for 3years m8 ...

The only thing to do from here is dry sump it & that's another £2k to do it 100% right ...but that's 18-24 months away ...the Accsump will have to help to keep the Engine alive on hard cornering until then  Rofl
Thanks given by:
Eeek....so is it just a a baffled sump...

Coz...I got a baffle in my xud11 lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Piggy with a engine like this I've been told by the time the red light comes on with low oil pressure ...the damage will be done m8 ...

Using a pressurised Accusump system that plumbs in to the oil system for now but it needs a dry sump plumbed in system really

Well still got Two full days left of work on her but got her started last night & wow !!!
Only on base map so I switched off after 3-5 mins wanted to check for leaks mainly
Thanks given by:
Those accusump kit's are an impressive little gadget! Where will you be mounting yours?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Whats difference then between accusump and a dry sump system?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2016, 12:25 PM)Piggy Wrote: Whats difference then between accusump and a dry sump system?

About £3k lmao

Anyway, accusump from what I've read is essentially a reservoir of pressurised oil that comes into action whenever there's a drop in engine oil pressure, like a lot of hard cornering for example. It also pressurises the sump on startup giving you oil pressure immediately. 

Dry sump setup gets rid of the standard sump completely (ground clearance gains)  and just has an oil collector with a scavenge pump feeding back to a remote reservoir where it's filtered and de-airated before being pumped back in at a constant pressure. No volume of oil sloshing about, just constant pressure so you can corner hard as you like and hopefully never lose oil pressure. 
That's my understanding of it anyway
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blaze GTi6 Track 'MR X' Bertman 13 7,541 05-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Bertman
  Budget GTI-6 Track Build paulgtt 16 5,529 17-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,620 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM