Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track
Can't believe I'm chatting to one of my customers today & I he asks about how's my car going ....then I said its nearly there apart from a passenger seat ....he says what sort ?
He gives me a mobile no of one of his customers who's breaking a £100k car ....& going a diff route ...
And he has a 8month old Passenger seat what I wanted but better ....

It's top end Carbon model so I'm having that as drivers & mine which is GRP as Passenger seat ...

I'm So pleased & he wants some stuff I've got & some windows cutting into both sides of his Year old T5 van ...not a problem ... Rofl

I'm starting to have some luck for a change ...
Both seats should look alike ...mines alittle older 11months old ....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Well I've received my ajustable Droplinks ...I've had to buy 250-290 because my ARB front damper mount points are 40mm lower than stnd as my dampers have long Eibach ERS springs with helper springs ...250mm should be spot on & let me ajust them 100% for correct position...
Bought them off
http://www.amspeedracing.co.uk/product-d...=&pid=2174
Best quality rod ends I've seen .....same as Satchel use on my shift ...

Close up

Thanks given by:
Look very nice mate boots to go with them?
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2016, 05:22 AM)Lwilliams Wrote: Look very nice mate boots to go with them?

Yes ....I've got to order some for the Mot rules  Exclamation
Using McGill Motorsports Rofl
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2016, 07:13 AM)Day666 Wrote:
(31-03-2016, 05:22 AM)Lwilliams Wrote: Look very nice mate boots to go with them?

Yes ....I've got to order some for the Mot rules  Exclamation
Using McGill Motorsports Rofl

Hmm bought this up at work and all 3 testers here reckon pass advise. Might be worth popping to your local station to find out
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Good to know Smile
Thanks given by:
Have you got a link to the boots? Mine have perished in under a year. These are from the same company i got my droplinks from. Can £11 be beaten?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-Dust-boots...SwDk5ULTMU
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2016, 11:57 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Have you got a link to the boots? Mine have perished in under a year. These are from the same company i got my droplinks from. Can £11 be beaten?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-Dust-boots...SwDk5ULTMU

Be careful of cheap ones as when you put certain grease in they melt the boots ...these aren't as cheap as yours but NO grease affects them & they are soft

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/380934005810?_mwBanner=1

Mine are M10 smaller & out of the way ...
Thanks given by:
Small update for today ..
Got cast alloy Base off Baz T who Mei / Welshpug knows & is a good friend of Miles ....it's to fit my cast alloy top mount Miles had spare
Needed a little few bits removing & smoothing & has gone off to be Nickle played the same as the top mount bit has Thumbs up

I'm sure Mei will know these are 1.8kgs inc top 1.9kg & you have to use a extra Cast Iron Alternator plate off a 205 Diesal ...& a rose jointed bar to tension the alternator belt ..

These 3 items weigh just under 2.00kgs together .....
The cast Iron top mount & base which has Alternator bracket in one piece weighs in at 8.5kgs ...THATS 6.5kgs lighter WOW Crazy
Plus it's neater & looks amazing ...bonus
That's a lot of weight off just with my Bonnet & engine Mount

Top bit Nickle plated two weeks ago

Bits removed so I can keep my Cambelt cover

Going in for Nickle plating today

Have to use 205 Diesal lower Altenator mount with is cast iron

But 6.5kgs lighter than standard all in one setup

Cast Alloy total lot inc cast iron Altenator bracket = just under 2kgs ...standard 6 setup 8.5kgs

Thanks given by:
Both been Nickle plated ....

Thanks given by:
Boots fitted ...amazing quality & Redline CV HP grease used inside

Happy now

Thanks given by:
40amp Mitsubishi alternator second hand given to me more more half the weight of standard six one ...
£13 McGill motorsport ajustable 110mm rose jointed lever used which allows me to fine tune & use my pile of assorted size belts & still have the correct gap from alternator pulley to Standard 6 auto tensioner .

Similar to Denso with 15mm shaft instead of 17mm standard .

Loads of extra space as a bonus also

Had to buy a 15mm alloy pulley from Fleabay £25 = 53mm by 10mm offset & 15mm centre

Bought a new Stant pressure release radiator cap 18-22psi ..mine old one was US ...

Thanks given by:
I've picked up a 2nd hand Seat & looks hardly used ...

Only problem is he kept the side mounts & it's a Corbeau XL Kevlar/ Carbon Mix not Cobra GT / Carbon as I was told and sadly wont match my Passenger side ..it's not a show car Though Rofl

Front looks great but the back is an aquired taste

Thanks given by:
Made some 5mm plate top mount plates to weld on & included strut brace fixing point into them ...hopefully should stiffen up things a little ?
Only tacked them for now as still adjusting inside shape

For the cross brace I'm going to butcher a old brace I have in the garage & then weld onto the 20mm tube...

Thanks given by:
Right I've been speaking to Frank from Advanti Motorsport in Street / Somerset ...
He's a gearbox Guru & used to design & assemble 5 speed & 6speed boxes for Peougeot Rallye team in Coventry in the day ..
Anyway he did some designs & R&D for Bacci in Italy & knows Plate Diffs & Sequential gearboxes inside out ..also made a plate diff without planet gears because that was a big week spot so say ...

I asked him about gearboxes for Super big power cars like Ollies & Ross sadly he said anything over 350 they were always having failures on LSDs & Gearsets ..one of the reasons he gave was lack of oil & said even without the syncros & bearings the torque killed them also ...
Frank said they tried every trick in the book & one they helped massively was to vent the box as I've just done in the picture below his idea not mine & put an extra 500ml in the box ....2.5 litres he said of high quality gearbox oil ..

He said the boxes were transformed with the high power cars ...he used to go to Coventry twice a week back in the day ...

Anyway I thought I've got a expensive Syncro box with Bacci crownwheel & pinion so why not give it a try seeing as my box does get hammered ...
What have I got to lose ?.....he said it must be vented like this don't use the standard vent .

Told to try this

Needs large hole to breath

ITG clamps great

Took seconds to fit but don't forget to use Doughty washer ....

I hope you super high boost Boys try this ?????

Franks no at Advanti is
01458 446517 amazing bloke that just knows boxes ...especially Lancia / fiat / Peougot boxes from 40yrs to today ...

Got all the bits from Merlin Motorsport visited the shop so sadly can't remember part nos but I'll get them ...
Cost £34 all in which considering its brass etc plus ITG not too bad ....Thumbs up

Thanks given by:
Interesting...
May help my issues but I have a turbo in the way
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2016, 06:57 AM)Piggy Wrote: Interesting...
May help my issues but I have a turbo in the way

Use a 90 elbow & solid pipe from it or big bore rubber pipe oil resistant ove course & put much higher or away from the turbo ?
As long as it has 8mm bore / hole minimum Piggy ...
Thanks given by: S8Tom
Why the need for this breather then anyway?
To stop the extra oil splashing out everywhere?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2016, 07:34 AM)Piggy Wrote: Why the need for this breather then anyway?
To stop the extra oil splashing out everywhere?

If not you will blow seals with the pressure build up ....when you put 500ml extra oil in you have less air in the box to breath ...similar to a petroltank breather with fumes pressure
Thanks given by:
Bolted the finished 6mm Stut brace top mounts on ...then welded them onto the existing Stut top mounts

Finished them

Happy with them & I can ajust upto 40mm camber

10.9 & 12.9 bolts used through out

Can remove the brace easily with just two bolts

Welded in seat bars

1 Cobra seat

1 X Corbeau Kevlar Drivers seat .

Altenator all sorted

Got a super lightweight battery & Alloy fixing bracket

Bracket

Thanks given by:
All of the win
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Inlove Inlove What specs do you have for the geometry? Going by standard with a little extra camber? Or have you got some different specs to go by?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
love the alternator tensioner, class!
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2016, 09:25 PM)Connor Wrote: Inlove Inlove What specs do you have for the geometry? Going by standard with a little extra camber? Or have you got some different specs to go by?

Name dropping now Rofl
Will Declaudio is going to be setting up my front suspension Conner & back but only ride height can be adjusted their ...it's 30mm drop at present on the rear ...

The front has camber & coilover height adjustment m8 ...I'm going 20-25mm I believe at the front that's what the guy who made the top mounts found was the best all round & Will runs 25mm

Remember I have Rich W roller bearing complete lower arms now also ....so with the strut top plates & Stut brace everything should be solid ...should be Itwasntme

(18-04-2016, 09:38 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: love the alternator tensioner, class!

Well thank you ....but I stole that Idea from Miles Rofl ....he has the same engine mount but he kept the Autotensioner & large Altenator ....I haven't
Thanks given by:
Looks bloody great mate! Really like the strut brace design and fab work! Awesome.

Also love the drop links, I really should get some for mine!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2016, 08:07 AM)Matt Wrote: Looks bloody great mate! Really like the strut brace design and fab work! Awesome.

Also love the drop links, I really should get some for mine!

Big thank you Matt ...
That was hard work m8

Having a one off super -super light full dash made & hoping to get it in 10days & then having it flocked Dark slate grey it's not for use with any heater though very basic ...but light

Also a twin skin lightweight tailgate & 5mm not 4mm rear Grey tint hard shell polycarbonate back window arriving in 5wks ...
Getting there finally Rofl
Thanks given by:
Have my standard fan working off my DTA so I can ajust temp kick in .....Spare unused fan removed ...weighs 2kgs

Getting there ...just got to fit Jenvey air filter & back box & trumpets

Bumper back on Rofl

Ran it for 30mins & no leaks & no bad noises Rofl

Altenator working great as well ....pleased with it

Thanks given by:
Ordered A GRP maxi2 inlet from France & a Twin skin tailgate

Should fit similar to this NOT MINE

Nissens Radiator which I bought 2nd hand 3 years ago started to weep so time to order a 205 one which is lower & gives me much more space for the air box

Gen new 205 Nissens

Made two new holes in 6mm alloy plate & used Aircon rubbers for new Rad ..

Loads of room

Expansion tank fits a treat

Tigged x2 lugs onto 205 Rad for rubber bobbins to fix

Just need to drill two holes in each

Thanks given by:
Expansion tank looks to be great! And that air Box!!! Damn that looks awesome
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Got one of these coming to convert 306 to 205 top thermostat housing & dump the bacolite elbow ...306 gti6 = 40mm
205gti = 32mm....so now it's 32mm to 32mm top hose end to end

Got a old soon to be glass bead blasted top 205 outlet for Baker BM conversion
It's going to be Nickle plated Rofl

Got off Ryan my new Stainless guard & im going to Zicotec cover it for heat

Big thank you to Aero Catches for there steel pins for my 4wk away twin skinned tailgate

Hose clips

Also ordered my final piece

Gen Nissens

Bobbin Rad Rubbers

Can't believe how well it fits

Well im waiting for my one off fibre glass full dash being made from a plug mould as we speak ....should be ready Next Monday & is being made by guys in Wales who make Paris-Dakar panels ...

Thank you Matt I'm getting there finally ...
Still got my standard internal engine but lost loads of weight ...

Seat bars all welded in ...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blaze GTi6 Track 'MR X' Bertman 13 7,541 05-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Bertman
  Budget GTI-6 Track Build paulgtt 16 5,529 17-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,620 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese