Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track
(05-03-2016, 11:16 AM)Piggy Wrote: So where the fire at?

Fuel pipe under my feet by drivers side subframe fractured & fired a spray of Petrol onto my hot manifold ...2-3 ft flames ...that God for battery kill switch & x2 fire Extinguishers both 2kg foam ...

Fitted my Suspension today & top mounts

Ajustable top mounts made by Russain Guy / Dennis

Fitted Swirl pot / fuel pump / fuel filter & 811 Goodridge PTFE hoses .
Fuel rail Hoses also 811 Going inside the car down passenger side ...
I'll be making a Firewall over the swirl etc...

Everything fitted temp at mo including battery wiring Rofl

Twangy / Wayne Carbon Fibre door cards & rear cards fitted with Stainless screws ...lacquered them in Matt finish .

(05-03-2016, 09:46 AM)Piggy Wrote: Limiter in 6th at 128???

Surely you'll hit that at combe easily?

The 4.75 crownwheel & pinion with close ratio 6speed box enables me to keep on cam in all gears hopefully now & will keep me peaked in 6th .
It should make the first gear / start at Presscott better also because this Helix clutch & pressure plate is going to be snatchy ..

When Sandy did my mapping on my car he upped the Limiter a bit ..
As Welshpug / Mei said with the current engine it should be spot on & my new engine Next year a 2.2 Sandy Engine will have a much higher Limiter ...

I'm doing the car ready for that engine really ...I won't feel 100% benefits now until then Piggy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Dang...things are getting serious!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not until next year Rofl

My ABS will be removed same time as Engine going in ...hopefully ?

Thanks given by:
Insane how much you've done,really is going to be a weapon and a half Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2016, 09:08 PM)7057sam Wrote: Insane how much you've done,really is going to be a weapon and a half Big Grin

Thank you Sam ...fingers crossed  Rofl

Can't wait for the gearbox to go in ...that's what I'm looking forward to the most M8 ...

4.75 Crownwheel & Pinion with complete new Bearings & bushes refurbed by Miles

Thanks given by:
If you decided you want some more hardcore seats i'll happily have your seats mounts and seatblet clips off you.
Thanks given by:
very lucky to have fire extinguishers on you to save that, would have been absolutely gutting for this to have been toast

awesome updates as ever, top mounts look mint! looking forward to catching up soon
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2016, 07:55 PM)7057sam Wrote: If you decided you want some more hardcore seats i'll happily have your seats mounts and seatblet clips off you.

I'm already running one of these for the drivers seat Sam ...your welcome to have first Dabs on the pair when I change my passenger seat & weld floor bars in ...mine with the Stainless base mounts will bolt straight into the standard floor mounts & they have seatbelt clips on already m8

(09-03-2016, 08:19 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: very lucky to have fire extinguishers on you to save that, would have been absolutely gutting for this to have been toast

awesome updates as ever, top mounts look mint! looking forward to catching up soon

I had them in my works van that was in front of my car when it caught fire  Doh

I now have two fire Exting in the car ....
Would be great to meet up with you guys ...Pugfest may be my first time out & im hoping to test the car finished well before....

Welded on some JIC6 to the old fuel rail for Safty after my scare Rofl
I'll now run 811 Goodridge Ptfe Stainless hose back to the swirl pot ...so all JIC6 connections

Thanks given by:
Yes excellent mate,will definitely have them give us a message on here or Facebook what you you want for them and I'll sort it,you at action day this year ??
Thanks given by:
Because of my fuel line fire my two fuel pipes had to go & breather hose to my Charcoal canister had to be rerouted sadly ...

Now fitted ...Red in the Picture ....Upside down breather vent on alloy p clip from tank now ...up above & inside drivers rear wing & under arch liner
Then vents out ...no pipework inside for this

My 811 PTFE fuel pipes are now running down the passenger inside exhaust tunnel.

To the right of the red upside down valve which cuts fuel off ...only needed if I turn the car over HOPE NOT ... ...it's now by the petrol filler cap cable operner ..ideal place for it to go hopefully ?

Bought a couple of these to blank my Brake hoses...
I've taken my Brembo V6 4pot Calipers off for Godspeed to totally refurb them ...
Less than £1.50 each delivered from fleabay ....not worth making anything

Thanks given by:
Jenvey throttle Cables now needs to be reversed & shortened by 18 inchs ..
All Full pipes fitted

Swirl / pump / filter now finished & all fuel pipes fitted but need P Clipping down ....
Battery cables need extra covering & P clipping / tiding up

Alloy checker plate rubber mounted on floor

Fuel pump rubber Bobbin mounted also

Getting there after my Fire setback

Just need to vac up mess & connect power to my relay with 30amp cable & fuse Rofl

Thanks given by:
Shweeeeet
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
what a system! D:
Thanks given by:
every update a complete winner, fuel system is utter lush. Do the rubber mounts help isolate the noise from the pump?
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2016, 09:34 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: every update a complete winner, fuel system is utter lush. Do the rubber mounts help isolate the noise from the pump?

Thank you so much guys ...its been stressful / expensive work ...
I'm really trying to get it finished in 2-3 weeks

Yes & car to pump also ...it's what they do in the planes ...vibration suppression ...the pumps are loud ...

Today ...I've decided now to move the on/off main battery isolater from ontop of battery ---to down between the rear of the seats for quick easy safe access while in harnesses ----in case of a accident / Fire or God forbid I'm trapped ...
Thanks given by:
Finished making my new Satchell shift gator boot cover ...
This one clamps the boot & is more flexible ....hopefully this will free up some of the pressure when it's moving gear to gear ...the original supplied one is much to tight on angles

Made both clamps out of Stainless Steel only because I could....also welded the nuts on so I can fit it easy on my own from inside the Car

Thanks given by:
Trial fitted the bonnet I bought yesterday it was the ones bought on here as a grip buy & the guy in Devizes / Robbie never got round to fitting it ...
it's good quality.
No better or worse than any fibreglass bonnet I've seen
The twin skin makes it very ridged.

It's Red gel coated but that's easy sorted ..

The only slight issue I'm unhappy about is where the two bonnet stays fix and when you close it it flexes far to much for my liking So I'm going to bond a couple of strips inside the edges of each side to spread the pressure...Thumbs up

My Aero catches will be fitted the weekend ...

Spray it also & Fit Ashs Water jets...

Thanks given by:
Win! Glad to see one of the bonnets I organised is going to a good home!

Ive never had issues with the flex/bonnet stays...and the bonnet is up/down quite often lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2016, 06:41 AM)Piggy Wrote: Win! Glad to see one of the bonnets I organised is going to a good home!

Ive never had issues with the flex/bonnet stays...and the bonnet is up/down quite often lol

Didn't mean it sound like a big problem Piggy ....just flexes at the strut points a little ...just being to fussy ..well done on sorting it ....I was a little late on ordering one back then ...

I'm converting mine to take the badge ...I'm not a badge less fan ....
Thanks given by:
Where you fitting all of this stuff? With Martin? I need to pop along for a nosey at some point
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I ask for a cut out... As i wanted a badge too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2016, 09:17 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah I ask for a cut out... As i wanted a badge too

You don't need to cut the bonnet ...just unbot & remove the badge from the original bonnet & stick it to the grill Rofl
It looks near as dam the same Piggy !!!
Thanks given by:
lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2016, 07:34 PM)Connor Wrote: Where you fitting all of this stuff? With Martin?  I need to pop along for a nosey at some point

Martin only does the main engine bay work ...Mechanical work Conner ...because he's amazing Mechanic

He will be fitting crank seals inc hockey seals /lightened Flywheel/ Helix Clutch/ clutch cable ...Rich W roller bearing bottom arms I've just picked up...hopefully two weeks time ?...hopefully as Martins crazy busy !!!
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2016, 09:17 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah I ask for a cut out... As i wanted a badge too

Well Piggy I found why my bonnet was flexing m8 ....see the Black down the edges ...well I stuck the panels together with my windscreen bond ....he missed & the twin skins were 8mm apart & not supporting each other ....
Gone to get sprayed now .everything dry fitted & tried including squirters ...

Thanks given by:
very nice mate im in the middle of doing my pot aswell. Looks like youve done a neat and tidy install of yours
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2016, 07:19 PM)Stef205 Wrote: very nice mate im in the middle of doing my pot aswell. Looks like youve done a neat and tidy install of yours

Thank you ...got a little tidying up still ...don't forget to post some pics !

I've fitted the Badge to the grill as I didn't want to weaken the bonnet ...now I've got a smooth bonnet but still have enough badge showing ...
Aero catches trial fitted & bonnet drilled for washer jets ...

Getting professionally sprayed same colour as car & should have it back before next Friday Rofl

Thanks given by:
reallly coming together now mate
Thanks given by:
Be interested to see the finish after painting Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2016, 08:18 AM)Day666 Wrote:
(17-03-2016, 07:34 PM)Connor Wrote: Where you fitting all of this stuff? With Martin?  I need to pop along for a nosey at some point

Martin only does the main engine bay work ...Mechanical work Conner ...because he's amazing Mechanic

He will be fitting crank seals inc hockey seals /lightened Flywheel/ Helix Clutch/ clutch cable ...Rich W roller bearing bottom arms I've just picked up...hopefully two weeks time ?...hopefully as Martins crazy busy !!!

Sounds good, give me a shout when you need alignment doing, got a hunter at my place and I'm sure I could sneak it in on a Saturday Wink
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blaze GTi6 Track 'MR X' Bertman 13 7,512 05-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Bertman
  Budget GTI-6 Track Build paulgtt 16 5,514 17-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,602 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese