2001 HDi DTurbo Moonstone Blue - £900 ONO

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 HDi DTurbo Moonstone Blue - £900 ONO
So, with the recent advent of finally waking up and getting a new job which comes with a company car I figure there will be no place for the 306 in about 5 weeks time Sad

It's the longest I've ever owned the same car and been happy with it. Usually I'm fed up within a few months and I've signed enough V5Cs to prove it! But this little car has been a gem and I'll be genuinely sad to see her go.

And that leads me on to the purpose of this thread. Exactly what sort of figure should I expect to get for her?

I've covered now 129,000 miles. In that time I've serviced it every time with genuine parts and good quality oil (usually Shell Helix from the Pug garage).

Spec.
-2001 (cheap tax) 2.0 HDi DTurbo
-Smoothed front end (bonnet welded, grille plastic-welded, very good job)
-Black Masks
-H7R HIDs on dipped beam 4300k
-Lowered approx. 40mm all-round
-Bilstein B4 shocks all-round
-Replaced rear beam with lower mileage one and replaced all 4 mounts at the same time (Lemforder mounts)
-GTi6 front brake setup
-Smoothed tailgate (not perfect) with dashboard button
-straight-thru centre pipe and decat leading to Stainless backbox (not noisy)
-GTi6 half-leather interior
-Upgraded front speakers
-306-specific moulded 10" sub enclosure (removable) with JBL sub (I think, might be Kenwood)
-Kenwood 600W amp
-Kenwood MP3 / CD headunit with USB input (in the rear, not poking out of the front of the bloody dashboard!)
-Colour-coded bits of interior (tastefully done)
-Stage "1.5" tune/remap and EGR blanked. Goes well (est. 135bhp map)
-3 Keys! With RCL and immob chips that ACTUALLY WORK!

Probably some other bits I have forgotten too.

With the help of Dee on this forum the cambelt was replaced last year, at the same time as the water pump. Continental belt kit used.
Currently fitted with Michelin PE2s up front and Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance tyres on the rear, loads of tread on each.

Lovely car. Has never left me stranded, even with the few issues I've had with it (all repaired) it has never let me down (hopefully this won't be a jynx in the next few days!)

I wish I could justify keeping it as a project and really turning the boost up.

Sale ad will go up in a couple of weeks, once I've settled in at the new place. Answers on a postcard. Or PM me if you have genuine interest in the car.

[Image: null-33.jpg]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
6-800 from my Northern perspective as it looks pretty tidy.....
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I'd say advertise for £900 with a view of taking £750-£800.
Thanks given by:
That sounds pretty on the money to me tbh.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-03-2015, 07:28 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: I'd say advertise for £900 with a view of taking £750-£800.
I'd say this.
But I'd go as low as £700.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd say on here you'd get £800 to someone who knows what they're buying. I'd pay that for it if I was after one.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Is it cheap tax? Think I might advertise it at a grand if it is.
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2015, 11:04 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Is it cheap tax? Think I might advertise it at a grand if it is.

It says on the first bit of the spec.. 2001(cheap tax) haha
Thanks given by:
I'm seriously thinking about buying it, if I had the money to hand id have sent you a pm already lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys.

I'll stick it up for sale in the coming weeks and see what happens.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
yeh 950 id say.
Thanks given by:
Tbh id say it prob one of the better dturbo hdi left out there. id aim for 1k anyway

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yep 1k all day Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I'd happily give £900 for that.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What it's worth and what most people will pay are often quite different, we should have "what will they pay?" Threads rather than "what's it worth?"...... In honesty I think its worth more than a grand, don't think he'll get that though Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2015, 09:05 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: What it's worth and what most people will pay are often quite different, we should have "what will they pay?" Threads rather than "what's it worth?"...... In honesty I think its worth more than a grand, don't think he'll get that though Smile

Totally agree Matt and I know how irritating these threads can be. My car has been put up for sale a few times over the last year when it looked like I was going to be upgrading to something newer, but then life got in the way.

To me it's worth thousands and thousands, since I can't think of another car I would rather drive to work every day. Part of my route is twisting A-road and the chassis is just amazing down there, always puts a smile on my face. And at anywhere above 580 miles to a tank I know I'm getting 50+ mpg too!

I would like to see it stay in the club, perhaps someone will give it a Stage 2 mod like I always wanted to, or maybe they will just maintain it and use it. Either way it would be nice to see it continue.
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2015, 09:05 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: What it's worth and what most people will pay are often quite different, we should have "what will they pay?" Threads rather than "what's it worth?"...... In honesty I think its worth more than a grand, don't think he'll get that though Smile

No it isn't.

What a car is worth on the market at any given time is what people are prepared to pay for it. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2015, 08:20 PM)RetroPug Wrote:

No it isn't.

What a car is worth on the market at any given time is what people are prepared to pay for it. lmao

No its not foool........ Quite often the work and condition of a car will make it worth more in the eyes of enthusiasts but not affect Joe publics valuation on it......that's my opinion anyway, if you can find the right buyer the right car is worth what it's worth in other words Smile
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2015, 08:28 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

No it isn't.

No its not foool........ Quite often the work and condition of a car will make it worth more in the eyes of enthusiasts but not affect Joe publics valuation on it......that's my opinion anyway, if you can find the right buyer the right car is worth what it's worth in other words Smile

The right buyer is still someone who is prepared to pay an amount for it. If you find them then yes the car can be worth that but if you don't think he'll get more than 1k then at this moment in time the car isn't likely to be worth more than 1k.
I've found all to too well that even getting what the car is worth to joe public is not always easy, so many lowball offers and messers.

I do get what you mean though. Smile
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2015, 08:33 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(24-03-2015, 08:28 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

No it isn't.

The right buyer is still someone who is prepared to pay an amount for it. If you find them then yes the car can be worth that but if you don't think he'll get more than 1k then at this moment in time the car isn't likely to be worth more than 1k.
I've found all to too well that even getting what the car is worth to joe public is not always easy, so many lowball offers and messers.

I do get what you mean though. Smile
Yes exactly, I'm being pedantic really but basically I'm saying chances are it'll go for not much more than any other hdi when in reality it's worth more than it will probably sell for.........unless he waits it out for someone that knows what they're getting Smile
Thanks given by:
Hehe meet me somewhere near this end of the country any ill buy it tomorrow Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
My new job is in Swindon if that's any use...
Thanks given by:
Officially for sale now. Will update / create an appropriate thread when I have some time.

New company car is a beast!

As above, looking at a figure of £1,000 ONO - and genuine offers will be considered. Ultimately it's not in the way sat on my driveway so I'm not desperate to sell it - certainly don't expect a response if you message me an offer of £600 lol
Thanks given by:
You might want to add a few more pics Tongue
Thanks given by:
Where is it located now?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Currently located in Baldock, North Herts (near Letchworth)

I'll get some more recent pictures up asap. It's had a decent clean recently too.
Thanks given by:
I'm not great at taking photographs- if there is anything you would like to see in more detail please shout up! I took these just now:

[Image: Pug1.jpg]

[Image: Pug2.jpg]

[Image: Pug3.jpg]

[Image: Pug4.jpg]

[Image: Pug5.jpg]

[Image: Pug6.jpg]

[Image: Pug7.jpg]

[Image: Pug8.jpg]

[Image: Pug9.jpg]

[Image: Pug10.jpg]

[Image: Pug11.jpg]

[Image: Pug12.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Took this out for a little drive yesterday to make sure it doesn't just sit unused. Feels fantastic coming from my partners Nissan Note!
The MOT runs out at the end of the month, but I have no reason to suspect it will fail. If anyone is genuinely interested then I will put 12 months on it too.
And remember folks, this is the cheap tax version/year!

Not yet advertised anywhere else, but going on pistonheads / Gumtree next week.
Thanks given by:
You should mot it regardless of interest. Won't be worth as much without/little mot 
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2015, 04:14 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: You should mot it regardless of interest. Won't be worth as much without/little mot 

Goes without saying really I guess.

Just want someone to buy it and look after it.

Also found a load of spares in the garage for this, inc. a new clutch cable (never needed it in the end), original stereo w/aux-in adapter, braided brake line kit (never got around to fitting)

Literally serviced last weekend, Shell Helix oil as recommended by Pug.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 306 meridian 1.4 moonstone blue custom-decals2012 8 3,094 10-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Last Post: custom-decals2012
  2001 (Y) HDi Meridian Estate, China Blue Dodgy Bob 1 1,638 10-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Ph2 Nile blue dturbo decent spec Teddy 2 1,674 16-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Teddy