Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
air filter
When removing a air box what would you do with the sensors 
Thanks given by:
What engine??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2015, 07:24 PM)Piggy Wrote: What engine??

Sorry its a 1.6 phase 2 the garage did the filter at the same time as exhaust but its on the end of the pipe with old filter removed but the box still in place, ideally I just want one pipe to the cone and then air feed from bumper to the cone. I'll get picks when it stops pissin it down.
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2015, 10:51 PM)Calpin Wrote:
(14-03-2015, 07:24 PM)Piggy Wrote: What engine??

Sorry its a 1.6 phase 2 the garage did the filter at the same time as exhaust but its on the end of the pipe with old filter removed but the box still in place, ideally I just want one pipe to the cone and then air feed from bumper to the cone. I'll get picks when it stops pissin it down.
Thanks given by:
lol

Fail! Haha
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wait...a garage did that!? Confused
Thanks given by:
If a garage did that, I'd be asking them for a refund and get them to put it right at the same time. that's really not right.
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2015, 08:02 PM)SketchYDG Wrote: If a garage did that, I'd be asking them for a refund and get them to put it right at the same time. that's really not right.

Yup standards are not exactly the same here lol, anyway, scrap paying them I'm gonna do it myself now if you can tell me what connects into these please![attachment=22208]
Thanks given by:
Err...
Thanks given by:
That'll be the connection for your breather pipes, which should still be attached to the original air box
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2015, 08:14 PM)SketchYDG Wrote: That'll be the connection for your breather pipes, which should still be attached to the original air box

i believe the MAF must go somewhere too, ive ordered a proper pipe to connect it all up with as they have nothing here, ive been to all the shops and even the scrapyard and peugeot and no one has anything. 
Thanks given by:
The 1.4 and 1.6 engines don't have a maf sensors so nothing to worry about there.
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2015, 01:34 PM)SketchYDG Wrote: The 1.4 and 1.6 engines don't have a maf sensors so nothing to worry about there.

Ahh perfect in that case makes the job simpler, the pipe should be here Friday, and I've got Monday off  Sleepy

On a offnote, has anyone got there cars chipped?
Thanks given by:
I haven't got mine chipped, but I'm planning to get it chipped sometime soon. Have you had yours chipped.
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2015, 04:44 PM)SketchYDG Wrote: I haven't got mine chipped, but I'm planning to get it chipped sometime soon. Have you had yours chipped.

Im thinking about it, my last car I had in the UK was a 1.6 puma 16v I'm not 100% but was around 110bhp, if I can get my pug to around them figures for cheap I'll be more than pleased (I'm aware the induction kit and exhaust is just for sound) this is a stupid question but where is the ECU? I love cars but I'm learning as I go and until just before I moved countries never had car friends if you get me.
Thanks given by:
it'll be right above the battery in the plastic housing
Thanks given by:
I think this needs a forum award this christmas...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=22181]
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(19-03-2015, 10:52 PM)Poodle Wrote: I think this needs a forum award this christmas...

i must admit i did think wtf but they didnt charge me for it as its a 2 second job, the garages here are clueless when it comes to anything other than fixing car, no one changed there cars on the island, no one! and the speed limits unless its the one main road are 50kmh. 
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2015, 12:19 AM)Calpin Wrote:
(19-03-2015, 10:52 PM)Poodle Wrote: I think this needs a forum award this christmas...

i must admit i did think wtf but they didnt charge me for it as its a 2 second job, the garages here are clueless when it comes to anything other than fixing car, no one changed there cars on the island, no one! and the speed limits unless its the one main road are 50kmh. 

Better
[attachment=22271]

(20-03-2015, 10:59 AM)Calpin Wrote:

Better
Any clue what tools I'll need to remove airbox? I cannot even see the damn things
Thanks given by:

Better

Better
Any clue what tools I'll need to remove airbox? I cannot even see the damn things

OK done, but what's this wire?
[attachment=22275]

[attachment=22276]
Thanks given by:
Got a picture of where it come from bud?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2015, 05:43 PM)Niall Wrote: Got a picture of where it come from bud?

I'll get you one tomorrow, it was in the air box itself, I was under the impression there should only be the breather tubes, if I need to make a hole for it I can I guess.
Thanks given by:
Air temp sensor possibly.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2015, 06:47 PM)Piggy Wrote: Air temp sensor possibly.

That important? It seems to be running fine, and its better than the garages job lol, now it sounds amazing in 2nd and 3rd with my ulter exhaust, in not chavvy loud but its sporty.
Thanks given by:
Air temp is normally at the TB or even on the manifold
Yeah air temp is fairly important
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You can see the plug at top of air box in the earlier pic Niall.
Not seen one there before mind
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I can make a hole and try and fit it in, would it still function the same?
Thanks given by:
Id just make a hole and put it back in as close to the inlet as possible. Also on this i think you would see a max of 5bhp from a chip on this. I dont think there is much to be gained. Best to get on a saxo forum and see what the VTR boys do as its pretty much the same engine

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(26-03-2015, 07:06 AM)puglove Wrote: Id just make a hole and put it back in as close to the inlet as possible. Also on this i think you would see a max of 5bhp from a chip on this. I dont think there is much to be gained. Best to get on a saxo forum and see what the VTR boys do as its pretty much the same engine

OK cheers for advice
Thanks given by: