205 Sport Van, Supercharged GTI6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 Sport Van, Supercharged GTI6
imagine throwing 9k+ at a boosted engine. Bodies... bodies who....
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2016, 10:15 PM)allye Wrote: Changed my mind again, this setup is now going in, much better noise.

[Image: 84df23f0a9ebaf318bd11627669d179d_zpsjazn0wur.jpg]

Too add, this conversion is partly for silly speeds, but mainly to piss of stef by using a rotrex!

Why can't people fit rad caps the right way!? Dodgy
Thanks given by:
you know it doesnt matter which way right?..... ohhhh your one of them lmao
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
It does matter to some of us!! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2016, 08:24 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(19-02-2016, 10:15 PM)allye Wrote: Changed my mind again, this setup is now going in, much better noise.

Too add, this conversion is partly for silly speeds, but mainly to piss of stef by using a rotrex!

Why can't people fit rad caps the right way!? Dodgy

Why do people drive diesel ford focus's? Some questions in life we'll never know the answers to.
Thanks given by:
Because they're drawn in by the false hope of economy from a small efficient engine and are then sorely disappointed... So there's the answer to that one. Wink
Thanks given by:
Alrighty. So as I posted above a 306 came up for sale with a low boost kit for a very reasonable price. Its only on 85,000 miles and in all round great condition with roller bearing wishbones, 2.5’ stainless exhaust, new drop links, TRE’s, four almost new P zero’s etc etc. I’ve gathered most of the bits to return it to standard 16v inlet and management, including rallye aux belt setup, standard PAS lines, standard loom and ECU. Then it will be for sale. Was a 7hour journey north and 4 trains then 300miles back down in one day, car was spot on though and didn’t even use too muh fuel. Annoyingly its much quieter at 80 than 70!

For anyone interested I don’t think it’s any quicker than my Goodwood was. You really have to have a ride in a V6 powered 205/309 to see what a impressive package it is. The super charged setup in the van however should be another level!

[Image: IMG_06311_zpspx5t8hd4.jpg]

[Image: IMG_06321_zpsumecxbmi.jpg]

I picked up a complete engine from will.m, I had fully intended to pop down in a van with straps all prepared like but I happened to be coming past so in the A3 it went!

[Image: IMG_06591_zpsflv8jmce.jpg]

The history of the engine was “around” 100,000. Now being the sad twat I am I had to take it apart. The block was bone dry and oil free which is nice, gave that a good clean and paint with engine laquer. Decks in good shape, honing marks clearly visible, no piston wobble, good clean cams etc, so as far I can see it’s a solid engine.

[Image: IMG_06641_zpspahixtop.jpg]

Stuck in some new stem seals, old ones were quite hard so despite the afternoon it takes was worth it, good opportunity to give the valves a lap too.

[Image: IMG_06671_zpsl6p4dotx.jpg]

[Image: IMG_06681_zpselyxvaob.jpg]

[Image: IMG_06711_zpsztub4f2y.jpg]

Fitted a gates cambelt kit, advantages of building things at your friends garage is cool gadgets. To check the belt tension when fitting a gates belt they have this, simply enter the cambelt kit number, put the thingy next to the belt and flick, picks up waves or something?

[Image: IMG_06811_zpsuvblfs6g.jpg]

Cam covers got a thorough degreasing, luckily they still have the original seals on so half a chance of sealing, remember only 10nm!

[Image: IMG_06751_zpsrehyxzyk.jpg]

Started cleaning parts, wire wheeling/sand blasting and priming, I like to use brush on zinc 182 as I find its a lot harder wearing than rattle cans. These will get a coat in Frost’s chassis black.

[Image: IMG_06571_zpsxvp6vtk2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_06831_zpsbku6r5ao.jpg]

[Image: IMG_06841_zps6ibwh21s.jpg]

The parts collection is getting extensive!

[Image: IMG_06911_zpsafsnrhgf.jpg]

[Image: IMG_06921_zpsxsmu7f7y.jpg]

[Image: IMG_06931_zpshalynpy6.jpg]

Huge project update. Swapped the glove box latch on my black one to a non locking item!

[Image: IMG_06861_zpshx6oqit2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not a hugerly interesting update. Lots of prepping parts and painting. Picked up a nice uprated gear linkage setup localled, adjustable rods and a couple rose joints, gave it a refurb.

[Image: IMG_0719_zps4drdn8k4.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0743_zpsh46ppcns.jpg]

Manged to drill out a couple of the hub disc retaining screws so all 4 are usable now.

[Image: IMG_0734_zpsmoxenbkj.jpg]

hubs wire wheeled/blasted, primed and painted

[Image: IMG_0735_zpsuwxxpv8k.jpg]

Servo and peddle box getting some love too.

[Image: IMG_0742_zpsy4khpltv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0740_zpszah3ajli.jpg]

New wheels, some genuine BBS wheels, 14x6 so ideal for the van shell, direct fitment. Just struggling to find centre caps. Going for 185/60/14's.

[Image: IMG_0723_zpsvvkb0sdr.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0727_zpsyibrba44.jpg]

Getting the engine nearer to being ready for paint which will be going on next week.

[Image: IMG_0753_zpsjy8rg8xj.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0754_zpsqcnfvpdd.jpg]

The under side is now finished thankfully! I hadput on a load of underseal but it gives a inaccurate matt finish so I've given it a couple coats of tractor enamel which had come up lovely.

[Image: IMG_0757_zpszpldtdk9.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0758_zps2whawo95.jpg]

And finally picked up my rebuilt beam today, its GTI spec with the bars but still retaining the base model amrs/drums so the wheels aren't pushed too far out.

[Image: 12834493_10156664152180338_494952940_n_zps8zbpkxws.jpg]

Ive not new bushes and mounts for this as well as new shoes, cylinders and hand brake cables.
Thanks given by:
After recieving the new beam i quickly set about setting fire to it. and sticking in some new bushes, much tighter now.

[Image: IMG_0787_zpsunaxdqhn.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0788_zpsbgi1gczx.jpg]

Manifold has been cut and welded, only had to go in and out a couple times.

[Image: IMG_0783_zpsvifftey2.jpg]

Took delivery of the tyres, Falken 914's, had them on my goodwood. Was very happy with them, 4 for £135 delivered is not to sniffed at either. Found a website even cheaper than camskill. 185/60/14 for my 6j wheels.

[Image: IMG_0795_zpsgscwzpjm.jpg]

Sized up a vivaro/traffic intercooler online and it looked to fit, larger than the BMW ones some times used. My shortened radiator will fit under this with the bar removed. The aim it the had the oil cooler in front of the rad/intercooler rather than behind driving lights as I'd like to retain those.

[Image: IMG_0796_zpsqlp9rm4t.jpg]

De-diesel'd my engine bay wiring loom.

[Image: IMG_0791_zpsmwbm24yq.jpg]

Labelled up my GTI6 loom reading for mating at some point, no numbers annoyingly so multimetre it was.

[Image: IMG_0794_zpseumahsa2.jpg]

Got some 1.9 calipers from stef, stripped painted with new seals.

[Image: IMG_0805_zpsl9dp63du.jpg]

Got round to painting the engine bay. Not perfect by any means but tidy for now. The kast real hurdle to making proper progress.

[Image: IMG_0804_zpsx2vcmijt.jpg]

the parts pile is getting silly now, can also see the 306 PAS rack I got from Anthony, cleaned and fitted with new 205 track rods and ends.

[Image: IMG_0806_zpslfsut6ur.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So this has turned into just another 205 gti6 conversion... Shame. Looks like you're going to town on the rest of it though, good job!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-03-2016, 07:06 AM)Poodle Wrote: So this has turned into just another 205 gti6 conversion... Shame. Looks like you're going to town on the rest of it though, good job!

just another gti6 conversion? did you miss the supercharger bit?
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
Think the s/c inlet mani has to be shorter to fit in a 205?
Thanks given by:
Perhaps, we'll see next week, some people have got away with 306 inlets, some haven't! Beauty of 205's.

(26-03-2016, 07:06 AM)Poodle Wrote: So this has turned into just another 205 gti6 conversion... Shame. Looks like you're going to town on the rest of it though, good job!

250bhp 205 is more interesting than a coal burner!
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
Iyo. Wink

I'm only here for the mad engineering and one-off, daft projects, hence most things petrol bore me lol. It's nothing personal, no offence intended.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Diesel fan boys.....

any of the cars running eaton's have more engineering gone into them than any diesel on here.
Thanks given by: roland rat
(31-03-2016, 07:56 AM)allye Wrote: Diesel fan boys.....

any of the cars running eaton's have more engineering gone into them than any diesel on here.

Cor youll open a can of worms with that one Wink

Always love a 205 regardless if fuel the sc should add a nice punch as well. Good luck with it
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:

There are only two I can recall on here running an eaton,  you'll be the third I think. 

I'm not aware of any properly blown petrol cars on here, infact there is only one turbo GTi6. 
Not to take away from what you guys have achieved,  but to say "any diesel on here" is quite a broad brush to be tarring with.
I'm not here for the debate over which fuel is "best", each to there own,  but it does seem a bit of a rash thing to say on a mostly diesel fan Base forum with lots of exceptional projects to read and learn from.
Pushing boundaries is to be encouraged in my opinion.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
any plans for the caravan in the background? Wink
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2016, 05:28 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote:

There are only two I can recall on here running an eaton,  you'll be the third I think. 

I'm not aware of any properly blown petrol cars on here, infact there is only one turbo GTi6. 
Not to take away from what you guys have achieved,  but to say "any diesel on here" is quite a broad brush to be tarring with.
I'm not here for the debate over which fuel is "best", each to there own,  but it does seem a bit of a rash thing to say on a mostly diesel fan Base forum with lots of exceptional projects to read and learn from.
Pushing boundaries is to be encouraged in my opinion.

Please dont refer turbo charged cars as "blown" blown is a term used for superchargers always has been. Id say 75% on here is diesel based
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
I'm not using a eaton, just chucking on a rotrex kit, slightly more pre school than a eaton.

I'm not a diesel hater, was going to fit one! Poodles's comment was just a bit weird suggesting diesels are some sort of engineering triumph.
Thanks given by:
I just meant you tend to see more bizarre ideas and crackpot engineering on the diesels, probably because they're ten a penny and no great loss if they blow up lol. I'm not a petrol hater, but most things have been done to death on petrols because that's what people have been tuning forever, hence i struggle to get excited over it. Was meant to be a throwaway jokey comment, those haven't been going well for me recently, guess i'm just not funny. Sad

Anyway, we digress, it's a brilliant project, i'm sure it'll go like f*ck and look forward to seeing some videos.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Better change your project title!
Thanks given by:
I tried but didn't know how!
Thanks given by:
De-super charged the 306, now all running on standard inlet nicely apart from the ECU locking itself after the first start!

[Image: IMG_0813_zpsebevgu4d.jpg]

Swapped the final drives in the my gearboxes. I spent quite a while on a gear ratio calculator working out what combination of gear sets and final drives would suit me. Its the final drive from the van on a GTI gear set, giving me roughly 68mph at 3000rpm using 185/60/14. New driveshaft oil seals, new split drive speedo, thoroughly cleaned and greased up the release arm and bearing so a smooth clutch!

[Image: IMG_0830_zpsw0y6gzzc.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0837_zpsyv2sk90s.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0839_zpshgx0gznh.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0840_zpswbsodjf5.jpg]

stuck it all on my engine.

[Image: IMG_0841_zpsfxinbjsn.jpg]

New windscreen fitted with a new Peugeot seal supplied by Farmer. I paid less than £90 fitted for a clear screen FYI, Wiltshire windscreens.

[Image: IMG_0843_zpsqklghwkw.jpg]

Glad to report after the heavy rain last week the van in now completely dry.

Rear beam on

[Image: IMG_0824_zpshszgr5do.jpg]

Fuel lines and brakes lines done, single line to rear as per 1.6GTI.

[Image: IMG_0844_zps6gep5yyd.jpg]

New shoes and fitting kit, new hand brake cables.

[Image: IMG_0849_zps1iirsz4c.jpg]

A little thing I've done to a couple of my cars now is to make small holes in the cable clips to allow you to cable tie them in, no more hanging cables like many cars you see.

[Image: IMG_0851_zpspvfkgrml.jpg]

Engine bay prepped, abosolute tarty heat shield.

[Image: 20160401_114840%20Large.jpg]

Sling the engine in, from underneath for maximum ease.

[Image: 215b4e568b17f72a7f6f2cfd066ccc4e_zpsw7sisde0.jpg]

Quick repair on the oil level sender, insulation had come away.

[Image: IMG_0857_zpsjwfbn7ed.jpg]

Had a fiddle with the mounting points on my 405 seats, usuing 205 5 dr sub frames as enabled me to mount the drivers seat fruther back and as low as possible on original mounts, position is perfect, bulkhead will be modified and moved back to accomodate.

[Image: IMG_0877_zpsy43dlu2z.jpg]

Clearance on the pulleys is rather tight, there is space to move the engine a few mm to the near side, I'm also going to add a top mount buffer to stop engine movement in this direction so extra safety!

[Image: 20160401_135547%20Large.jpg]

Sub frame in, had a wobble when the steering UJ was too long, just a case of moving the interior UJ upo the splines now all good.

[Image: 20160401_132818%20Large.jpg]

Power steering lines are almost a perfect fit, only the low pressure hose needs modifying to get around the top pulley. Exhaust manifold is perfect fit now. Inlet manifold is too long as expected, will shorten this next week. The 205 specific inlets have roungly a 88m tract length so will go off that.
Thanks given by:
Liking this a lot. Its going to be a right weapon once done!

And don't pay too much attention to Poodle. You'll realise if you meet him he's a right wanker with his sense of humour but it is only a joke Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Awsome the heat shield right out of a bttc car was it expensive?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Thanks chaps, I'm really pleased with the progress.

Heat Shield was not too much at all. Tends to cost a fair bit on eBay but I only paid £30 for it, later realising it came from China.....

Really strong adhesive though.
Thanks given by:
A little update, slung the rest of the suspension and driveshafts on so I could get it on its wheels and rolling around.

[Image: IMG_0893_zps8mknaxhg.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0894_zps33yabcxp.jpg]

*Note, shit wheels only for rolling around, although the wheels to be fitted are going to be 14" and the same profile.

Finished off the modifications to my GTI6 loom, one of spikey's tacho looms soldered in and hidded in the loom, unused plugs cut out and heat shrinked. Throttle body wiring extended as the TB is moved in the supercharger application.

[Image: IMG_0901_zpsqyjlgqei.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0903_zpshv28p35j.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0904_zps0xeardw9.jpg]

I also ditched the earths [;ugs on the head light panel in fovour of this terminals and a bolt for a more reliable and unexposed earthing point.

[Image: IMG_0897_zpsv4760ziz.jpg]

Bit of a alternative intercooler location, radiator is a shortened double core item which has enabled me to move it over and under the drivers headlight so allow air flow. I will be using a inlet air temperature guage so I will be able to see the temps.

My opinion is that the slightly restrictefd air flow will be will be outweighed by not being rammed right up close to a 90c radiator. Also means I can run the base model valances for a while!

[Image: IMG_0908_zps9qzufhkb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0917_zps2yu4oimx.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0915_zps5ggdqbqd.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0921_zpsrz8ttx8c.jpg]

The oil cooler will be mounted above the radiator, slightly layed back as space restrictions dictate they cannot stand up! Mounted on rubber bobbins.

[Image: IMG_0922_zps3za7rpii.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0923_zpsihvjyacn.jpg]

Also note I am going to make a aliminium shrowd to funnel cold air over the IC and not allowing hot air from the rad to enter the IC! All parked up, I start work and a very busy period so progress will slow some what now.

[Image: IMG_0925_zpskbxnljqh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That really is astonishingly clean underneath. Liking the intercooler placement, great way to fix the space issue, rather surprised it fits that way up!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Very clean resto ThumbsUp

Likey
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stef's 205 gti6 supercharged Stef205 459 131,666 24-06-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Mighty306