egr blanking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
egr blanking
egr blanking.....yes I understand that not much "muck" will be recirculated if this devise is blanked off.....and the vacuum actuator disconnected...but is there feed back to the ecu that the ecu will compensate for the lack of egr.......and use more fuel??

also will low eng temp cause the ecu to fuel enrich??
Thanks given by:
no.

and yes. But only till engine is warm!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
thanks for the prompt reply.....ours seem to sit at 70 degrees when hot but goes up when eng is worked harder like going up a long hill ( we live in a hilly area and it rains a lot ) .............it doesn't seem to get warm enough in my opinion.....thermostate was checked some time ago and seem to work normally, opening and closing and opening at the right temp ish.....fans seem to work ok ( low speed seem to cut in at 100 ish and cut out at 90 ish ) but are never heard when driving. we don't tend to get long traffic jams here even in summer .....
Thanks given by:
That sounds an awful lot like a thermostat issue. When you checked it was it done properly with a thermometer? Should open at 83 degrees centigrade iirc.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
'Enrichment' doesn't quite work like that on a diesel...

The ECU compensates for the engine requiring more fuel to operate at low temperature, but this is merely to make the engine run and idle... It's not like a spark ignition engine where the AFR is adjusted and causes it to run smoother when cold...

Diesels have no 'throttle' remember, if you 'enrich' the mixture... You make more power and the engine revs go up. The injection angle is adjusted however and this does affect consumption..

However a cold running engine is not good for efficiency... As stated above, sounds like a thermostat issue.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Im going to go out for a drive in mine in a bit and see what mine gets up to on a decent drive. Im not convinced mine is getting up as high as most cars reach atm tbf.
Thanks given by:
Here is my temperature. That was after a 10 minute steady drive and then a long uphill drive at 70 with foot flat to the floor in 4th. It was the same then after another 15 minutes of driving and then a few mins of idling.
[Image: 2vtxenr.jpg]

Seems pretty cold to me so maybe a thermostat is worth getting. I have heard gates are good.
Thanks given by:
That's nearer 80, shouldn't be a problem, a healthy HDi will typically run at a steady 78-80.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EGR Blanking Esmyth124 1 876 05-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  egr blanking? JTaylor2005 4 1,149 21-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Last Post: shervo
  EGR blanking off? 306estate2.0HDi 20 2,463 07-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: tuttyboy84