306 power issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 power issues
Have a bit of a strange problem...

My 15 YO Pug 306 2L Hdi Meridian (90) has been acting very sluggishly up until this week, and I am very puzzled as to why it seems to be very powerful now. (for a Pug, LOL)

The back story is, that the Pug had been a bit of a slug for eight months. The tank fuel pump went four months ago and was replaced. The car still drove like a slow thing in a slow competition.

The front tyre burst last week...the spare wheel needed a bit of hammering on because it was rusty, but the tyre and original alloy was replaced.

Since then, the car has been very responsive and very powerful. I really cannot figure out for the life of me as to why; during the wheel change, could there have been a resolved sticking brake pad issue? I don't think that was the case, as the car handled fine, and the wheel never felt hot after a long journey. 

It's almost as if an apprentice mechanic secretly remapped my car!! Most likely that the car's having a swansong before packing up for good, LOL.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I would be so grateful if anyone could please contribue anything towards solving this mystery.
Thanks given by:
I am sorry mods, I have posted this in the wrong section, please can you delete this? Thank you.
Thanks given by: