Marky Mark's Astor 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marky Mark's Astor 6
Haven't really had time of recent to do anything with the Astor.

New rear beam fitted - Big thanks to Stef's Rear Beam ReBuild
Big Grin

The rear now has a 40mm drop which sits nicely with the 30mm on the front.
Fitted the rear with some Brembo max disks and pads

Passed its MOT without any problems - phew!!

In need of a clean!!

Thanks given by:
Haven't updated my thread in a long while.

Had the 6 up for sale as I was planning on buying an M3 cab for summer, but after 3 different buys fell through, ended up keeping it.

Engine wise not too much done:

-Resonator bung
-Pipercross induction kit
-Tiny oil catch tank
-Couple breather filters
-Ash hoses

On impulse, managed to buy a set of 45 Jenveys with 90mm trumpets.
Thought I'd better get the car looked at, make sure everything was ok before spending money. Spoke with Miles and he recommended Taz (who's based in North London), anyways took the car to him for a check-up:

Had the whole car checked out by Taz, given the thumbs up and we started the shopping list of what was needed for the bodies..
I won't go through the whole list as most people know what's needed!

In the interim I managed to pick up a full de-cat Mongoose system and a couple of Sparco seats with subframes:

Bye-bye noisy straight through and loud Scorpion backbox:

Hello Mongoose

Took a little getting use to, but way quieter!!

Stripped out all the seats and dropped the Sparcos in:

As of this afternoon the car looks like this:

Couple more:

Small pile of parts ready to be fitted

-Aircon delete
-Billet pulleys
-Cam belt and water pump

Ohhh and some Weber/Marelli PICO fuel injector - 377cc/min

The reason for these will become apparent later on Wink

..but for the time being the cars booked into atspeed racing for installation of bodies, OMEX 600, OMEX loom and mapping.
Thanks given by:
geezz do you plan to run boost with those injectors? Wink tad big
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2016, 07:53 PM)Stef205 Wrote: geezz do you plan to run boost with those injectors? Wink tad big

I believe they are good for 250bhp Wink
Thanks given by:
you need to run injectors at 95% duty these will be at 50% far to big they are even listed for boosted apps
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Hmmm...! If that's the case might have to run the 6 injectors until the other parts turn up..
Thanks given by:
Small update:

Jenvey's on
OMEX and loom installed
Mapped

Sorry about the shakiness of the video, new phone!

To do at the weekend

-Aircon delete
-PAS relocation
-Filter fitting
-Sort out the old wiring loom
-Wire in the rev counter
-Secure the OMEX
-Tidy up the internal wiring

Ohhhh and these turned up the other day which will be fitted next month me thinks

Any advice on getting the engine temps down?
Thanks given by:
Winning!

Engine temps down.... How much and what circs are we talking about?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Big Grin

Thanks - Very, very happy!
Was dyno'd before and after the work, not much of an increase but the power curve is much smoother now.

Temp, the standard sitting in traffic watching the gauge rise, fingers crossed the fans will kick in. ..and the relief when they do, but only dropping down to 80-90.

I think I can wire up the OMEX to control the fans, bring the switch on temp lower?
Or to change out the radiator and fans for something more modem?
Thanks given by:
You've got a few choices, either go for a lower temp rad switch (have a search around for 205 rad switches, same fitment but come in a variety of temp ranges) , lower temp thermostat (from other Peugeot models) , reliable more efficient fans. Better radiator?
Thanks given by:
I would bin off the standard fans and fit twin slimlines. Weight saving and should be better cooling. Its super easy to lower the kick in setting in the omex.

I have two questions. Firstly what are you planning to do with the oil breather? I had mine like that on my 1.8 with bodies and it leaked oil everywhere after some time so definitely get a can fitted. Secondly what is the vac line setup? Ive gone straight from the vac pump to the brake vacuum lines with nothing to the manifold. Yours look likes it goes back to the bodies so i presume you have a double or single take off?
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies fellas!

Will try a couple slimlines with the current rad, if still not better new one.
2x 10" fans should be ok?
and any links for good prices?

Re the oil filter, I have a little catch tank which will be going back on with the filter on the end -->>

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27477]

and yes, it goes back into the manifold for a single take off:

Thanks given by:
THe little catch can looks like a good idea. I saw you had that previously but would have thought you have had fitted it straight away. Ive got a catch can ive never fitted and stored for years so im just going to use that especially as ive bought all the bits to pipe it up now. Did you drill the bodies to fit the pipe or was it already there? On my 1.8 there is no vac pump so to get any vac at all i had to drill the bodies but ive blocked the hole up now the 6 has a vac pump.
Thanks given by:
Glad the Jenveys are being used mate, looks and sounds awesome.
Thanks given by:
Didnt hang about with that did you!!

When you get some slim line fans, dont get cheap ebay copies. Get some Spal's. Yeah they are a lot more expensive but on my 6, when i had the ebay copies in traffic the temps would just climb and climb. I replaced them for same size Spal's (exactly the same design) and the temp would sit perfect no matter what the conditions. Made a huge difference! Plus they were virtually silent which is nice
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2016, 08:29 PM)Eeyore Wrote: THe little catch can looks like a good idea. I saw you had that previously but would have thought you have had fitted it straight away. Ive got a catch can ive never fitted and stored for years so im just going to use that especially as ive bought all the bits to pipe it up now. Did you drill the bodies to fit the pipe or was it already there? On my 1.8 there is no vac pump so to get any vac at all i had to drill the bodies but ive blocked the hole up now the 6 has a vac pump.

I haven't driven the car much as need to fit the filter - Sound like it wants to eat small children and animals :p
Will probably fit the catch can once I've moved the battery.

Was tapped into the longman manifold and not the bodies. Should really have another into the 3rd manifold joint, a job for a later date.

(12-05-2016, 08:30 PM)luke306rallye Wrote: Glad the Jenveys are being used mate, looks and sounds awesome.

Thanks Luke - the sound Inlove

(12-05-2016, 08:31 PM)Niall Wrote: Didnt hang about with that did you!!

When you get some slim line fans, dont get cheap ebay copies. Get some Spal's. Yeah they are a lot more expensive but on my 6, when i had the ebay copies in traffic the temps would just climb and climb. I replaced them for same size Spal's (exactly the same design) and the temp would sit perfect no matter what the conditions. Made a huge difference! Plus they were virtually silent which is nice

Anything to keep me out of mischief :p
..plus I had some freed cash from a bonus so timing was nice.

Thanks, go me some Spals from demon-tweaks Big Grin

phew..what a day!
Heres me thinking easy jobs for the day:

Remove the aircon
Relocate the PAS
Install the backing plate and airfilter
Install and wire up the fans to the OMEX

Did it go to plan...buggered if it did!!

AUX belt off, auto tensioner off, AC pump off, PAS pump off.
Simple - yay!

Mounting bracket for the PAS pump doesn't fit.. Tried everything I could but nope *sigh*

Since I'd cut the pipe couldn't put it back to the original place. So for the time being it's off and will be chatting the company who supplied it on Monday.

Next up the backing plate... why oh why are the bolts on the inside of the bodies facing out to the horns..?!? Censored Censored Censored Censored
Cuts and bruised knuckles, and sometime later backing plate and filter are on!

Onto the fans
Could find the console lead for the OMEX and was getting arsey at this point, so wired the fans back into the original relays and called it quits!

Ohhh quick question - how do you get the joiner off the PAS pump?
Thanks given by:
Got a little time over the weekend to install a dash cam, and while I was at it sort the OMEX into the glove compartment...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Mark's White Phase 1 XUD Project MarkHam 13 4,811 11-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Last Post: anto
  Mark's smoothed 306 with added extras. Pompey306mark 468 225,050 16-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz