• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centre Box Removal
cuz theyre stoopid
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:
R45_ODV Wrote:Buy my powerflow job done Smile

what does it sound like? Big Grin and.... swap for morettes?

Its quite loud 2bh mate no centre box 4" tip sounds nice on my old 1.6 Smile

Thanks given by:
To be fair a 6 turbo would have been much harder for the Peugeot engineers to setup, 170bhp is a perfect amount of power for the nature and awesome handling of the GTI6/306 in general.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tom, standard 6' has almost 20bhp more than a 1.8t
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Tom, standard 6' has almost 20bhp more than a 1.8t

Depends which one, my mates TT has 225 bhp.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:
Midnightclub Wrote:Tom, standard 6' has almost 20bhp more than a 1.8t

Depends which one, my mates TT has 225 bhp.

Right, but I don't remember a TT in 1996 when the '6 came out :geek:
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^ This haha..
Thanks given by:
True, I was just saying Confusednooty:
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Leon cupra has 225 bhp from the 1.8t too....Peugeot should try updating thiers engines more often lol....
Thanks given by:
The XU10J4Rs was and still is a fantastic engine, it has 167bhp standard and a fair bit of torque from a N/A and non-VVT setup which is incredible when the engine base design is from the 80s. The EW10 is an even more superior engine with VVT and can create a lot more power N/A with ITBs and different cams and management without being stressed. Again both engines once forged will produce upwards of 400hp and with good mapping will retain good economy.

Now the 1.6 THP engines that have been developed in conjunction with BMW are also very good designs, Direct injection turbo with VVT, the system doesnt even require a throttle plate as throttling is controlled by the cam timing and other settings. This produces 200hp at current in the RCZ/DS3R and the new Citroen DS4R hybrid is rumoured to produce around 245hp from the same engine. That is, if my calculations are correct, 153Bhp per litre which is truly amazing for a 1.6 production model (ie non modified from factory) engine. So engine development is way way up there with others.

And again with the XU10, the car that it resides in doesnt weigh much at all by modern standards which still makes it quick enough to keep with a lot of todays cars. And i find that with the power available its just right in the respect that if im mid corner in the dry and go full throttle it retains traction even with an open diff and gives you full acceleration whilst turning.

Final point, the BRZ/F86 will have a "measly" 200bhp, but god i bet its fun to drive Smile.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok i should have money to get a race pipe in the next few weeks. I was wondering what people think will be the best setup noise wise.

Ive currently got 2 gti6 back boxes so is it worth getting a sportex backbox as well as a race tube?

Also does anyone know the fine if the police catch you with no centrebox and cat? D:
Thanks given by:
Ive just brought a Race Centre pipe, with no silcener. Do you need a centre box by Law?

It still has the cat, and a back box, it just has a straight through pipe from the cat back... is this illegal?
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
MiiTCH Wrote:Ive just brought a Race Centre pipe, with no silcener. Do you need a centre box by Law?

It still has the cat, and a back box, it just has a straight through pipe from the cat back... is this illegal?

Will be gone then. Only need one box. That's your back box Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I'd say get a sportex backbox too sam, mine was 147 for the race tube and backbox and it sounds epic Smile
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:I'd say get a sportex backbox too sam, mine was 147 for the race tube and backbox and it sounds epic Smile

where did you find them both for that? Sounds like a good deal! On ebay its cheaper to buy them separately!
Thanks given by:
http://sportexexhausts.com/store_main.a ... ct_id=4909

thats the back box i have on mine, but im getting a straight through centre pipe, not a silenced one like on there...
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:
Midnightclub Wrote:I'd say get a sportex backbox too sam, mine was 147 for the race tube and backbox and it sounds epic Smile

where did you find them both for that? Sounds like a good deal! On ebay its cheaper to buy them separately!

Really? That was on eBay, on-line autosport i think is the company name, I've bought both my system off them and never had a problem, including postage was 156 i think
Thanks given by:
MiiTCH Wrote:http://sportexexhausts.com/store_main.as...ct_id=4909

thats the back box i have on mine, but im getting a straight through centre pipe, not a silenced one like on there...

does that not come out at a funny angle?

Ive looked into this a bit more and apparntly fitting a centre boxless pipe reduces back pressure which in turn reduces torque :/ Not so sure about it now so i guess ill put this off for another few months Doh
Thanks given by:
wrongggg. centre boxes are pretty much straight thru and therefore dont give much back pressure. all the pressure comes from the back box, due to the different flow though it. i highly doubt you'll be able to notice any difference from chopping out the centre box. other than a change in exhaust note ofc.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
well thats wht i thought. That there are no baffles in the centre pipe its just straight through and inside the box there is just a pipe with holes to make it quieter :/ Hmmm i guess if i sell loads more parts ill buy one. I found info in my last post from the gti6 owners club :/ And when i asked a mate he said that straight throughs were shite and i should get a full stainless system...
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:
MiiTCH Wrote:http://sportexexhausts.com/store_main.as...ct_id=4909

does that not come out at a funny angle?

Ive looked into this a bit more and apparntly fitting a centre boxless pipe reduces back pressure which in turn reduces torque :/ Not so sure about it now so i guess ill put this off for another few months Doh

Mine did come out at a funny angle when I got it fitted, but I put that down to the mechanic who fitted it because I got my entire system replaced with standard stuff, just a different back box and he made a massive bodge to make it fit, all I did was loosen the back box clamp, gave the back box a whack as it moved more into the centre so it's fine now
Thanks given by:
sound. Somebody has got one in the for sale section so im getting some pics of that and ill see what happens! I had a sportex backbox but it only had the 2 hangars and bent the centre pipe. It came of a hdi so ive been told it has different internals? Anyway... ive sold that on now so ill just have to fork out again if i want something round and shiny!
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:i dont quite fancy taking the engine off the mounts and moving it around on my own! People have tried with the 1.8 and failed!

No, Niall tried, but didnt have a spare engine mount, his was FUBARD, and didnt want to risk obliterating it.

Its not hard, unto the top mount, roll the engine forwards, and fannnys your aunt.

Screw paying £100 to have it fitted.

The biggest hurdle you will have is getting the heat sheild off, if its nicely heated on there Hmm

One thing worth a mention. Either '6 heat sheild for the bulkhead, or decent exhaust wrap. That things gonna get hotttttt
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by: