Making a gasket?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a gasket?
Hey guys if I have some gasket paper can I make a gasket for the inlet elbow? I took mine off and now its leaking and I thought maybe I could make one?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, sure.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
yeah, you can do.. A very thin smear of instant gasket on both sides won't hurt but buying the correct gasket is certainly the better option
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(01-03-2015, 12:46 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: yeah, you can do.. A very thin smear of instant gasket on both sides won't hurt but buying the correct gasket is certainly the easier/neater/less-of-a-chronic-pita option

EFA. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haha brilliant. Will be getting a proper one from peugeot soon. Just a bodge till then Smile
Thanks given by:
Guys guys guys, making gaskets aint that hard or a PITA...tippy-tap a spanner around the edge Wink cuts it a piece of piss and its loads cheaper
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 11:33 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: Guys guys guys, making gaskets aint that hard or a PITA...tippy-tap a spanner around the edge Wink cuts it a piece of piss and its loads cheaper

That why you're buying yours from peugeot? Tongue
Thanks given by:
Lol I would have, had they been open! Like a numpty I went down 30mins late!! Bell end ain't I, said on Google it was open til 5... But not parts counter so....I made my own and did it Sunday/yesterday...so far no boost leaks bit they will appear in time. One of the studs on inlet manifold is shite, gotta get a helicoil kit soon Sad can't believe I've never owned a set.

I mean *bet, bloody phone! I hate tapatalk too

Besides, I couldn't find gasket paper from any of my locals that were open so I used copper silicon and a divider from a folder Smile pikey cheap...'cept the silicon Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by: