Pressure in cooling system

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressure in cooling system
Yeah, you drop the gearbox end a bit, as Paul says, and it just drops in, level it out once you get the box tucked under the chassis leg.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Attempting this again later on today, wish me luck lol!
Thanks given by:
Good luck mate, take some pictures and let us know how it goes. Post in here if you get stuck, i'll try and keep an eye out.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
nice pics but you should have cleaned the blood off the bottom hose Blush .......what aux drive belt did you use and is the crank pulley standard....could you measure the dia of the crank pulley please please please
Thanks given by:
Thanks! It's a Lynx pulley, feather light! I do have a spare one kicking about somewhere. The belt setup is the OE non AC belt routing, you need a different alternator bracket. I've tried everything suggested on this forum, but in conjunction with my Lynx pulley all other belt routing methods ended up shredding the belt, this one has held up for 30K miles. Pretty scary when you're on a roundabout and the belt lets go!
Thanks given by:
Engine in hoooray! Will post some pics up tomorrow. Removed the front end completely. Matched up the box to the engine, lifted it over the front chassis leg, lowered it under the gearbox mount, jacked up the box, put a securing bolt on the box mount, fitted the upper engine mount and tightened everything up. Lower engine mount still left to do, all of the loom left, should be able to attempt to fire it up tomorrow.

Really regret not porting the head Sad Should have really put a new intake manifold gasket for peace of mind too, as older ones harden up and possibly leak, oh well.

There is a LUK upgraded clutch in there too.

Peugeot no longer do the metal intake air pipes, it's fkn awesome for amplifying the turbo whistle, the engine is much better heat insulated.

Took delivery of a new Nissens radiato todayr, will show the thickness of this compared to OEM. There are two variants, the thicker version is Nissens part number 61326A.

Since the front end is off, now considering hacking away the bumper and putting in a thin oil cooler, those mocal ones are pretty useless unless you're on the track, plus I have an oil filter relocation kit, will make servicing a peice of cake, not having to remove to the expansion tank.

Aiming for 170hp & 250 lb/ft, if it gets near that will be well happy ample enough for me! Cannot be bothered chasing after big numbers if it's going to be breaking down!
Thanks given by:
Glad you got the engine sorted, it's all easy when you know how eh. Wink

Tbh porting the head won't do half as much good as a decent sized blower and exhaust, especially the inlet side as you'll just lose swirl and hence efficiency. People happily pass the 200 mark without porting work, so you should be fine.

Have you actually been having trouble with oil and water temps? I've yet to see an hdi struggle with overheating issues, much the reverse, you may be better off without. Have you got an oil temperature gauge?

You should reach that fine, 170 is strong stage 2 money these days, thought this was higher than that already if it's been dubbed stage 3?

I didn't know luk supplied uprated clutches for these, any chance of a link?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
There's definitely scope for more power, but I can't be arsed with a vehicle that's going to breaking down every so often.

The LUK clutch kit was bought from an ebay performance parts store years ago, it has an uprated friction plate.

I've got a Y plate HDI so it has a fair bit more wiring... the fuel side has got me a little stumped, rest of the wiring is completed. I've left some photo's of the wiring I'm stuck on.

[Image: 20150606_142543_zpstxk8ajjc.jpg]

[Image: 20150606_154832_zpsz6fftkdw.jpg]

[Image: 20150606_160822_zps70a7uhn1.jpg]

[Image: 20150606_173751_zpsmo8mcpaj.jpg]

[Image: 20150606_193917_zps0bgmywjm.jpg]

[Image: 20150608_210244_zps2zqndnmh.jpg]

[Image: 20150608_210309_zpsbuekcgyg.jpg]

[Image: 20150608_210312_zpss2c5pdzr.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Engine all wired up, attempted to fire up before finishing off the job and it just refuses to start. I've got the dreaded umbrella code P0230.

Already changed the FPS and cleaned up the FPR wires and sensor, now stuck :/
Thanks given by:
Can you hear the lift pump running?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yep works on 2nd click and cuts out after approx 10 secs
Thanks given by:
Have you touched the fuel system besides disconnecting the feed and return lines when you did tye engine change? Must be something you've disturbed if it was fine before, so best bet is to go back and retrace your steps.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Was the hp pump second hand?
Thanks given by:
Ah missed that bit, yeah that'll be it lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Got it started earlier today hooray! Too much resistance to the starter, so going to make up up new connections. Cracked open the main injector lines, kept on cranking and spraying easy start and eventually after a bit of perseverance fired up.
Thanks given by: