Fitting bigger turbo shortly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting bigger turbo shortly
right buying a td04 off either a subaru or a shogun shortly and fitting my fmic.

im running a lucas pump at the moment, thinking off buyin a bosch as ones have told me a lucas is crap for big power. do i deffiently need a bosch ? ive also been looking at 2.1 injectors, would they make much off a difference ir is my own ok ?

also is there anything else i can put on or play about with to make it go and better ?
Thanks given by:
Bosch yes, 2.1 injectors no, you will need the standard Bosch injectors though.

Ground LDA and governor mod to the pump also
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
ok cheers mattcheese. wasnt sure about the injectors. is there much bother & cost off doing the mods to the bosch ?
Thanks given by:
Lots of info on bosch mods ans tuning on the forum already ThumbsUp

2.1 bosch injectors are the same as 1.9 bosch.

Yes you'll need to do the mods to the pump.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ok thanks lad, fo you know if theres much lag with the td04 ?
Thanks given by:
[attachment=21862]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yes there is lag, it's a bigger turbo than was meant for your car.

It wont be on full blow till about 3k RPM and will blow all the way past the redline if you have modded the governor in the Bosch pump, if that is what you want.

It is a cheap and plentiful turbo which is very robust and easy to fit in the grand scheme of things.

There are many better turbos out there, but if you have limited money and are looking to gain knowledge about your car and how to mod it, it isn't a bad place to start as it has been done many times before, so the things you need to know are out there if you look for them.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Were abouts are u I have a Td04 in my work off a shogun 2.5 I was going to put it on my car BT then went twin turbo and didn't bother with it . As for injectors just do what done and open the injectors up and clean them all up with oven cleaner that's Wat I did never looked back  and pump not that hard to mod ether I done my one I could talk u thru it if ur doing it ur self hope this helps :-)

[attachment=21865]

[attachment=21866]
Thanks given by:
Thanks danny and paddy for the advice and yes i would be intrested in the turbo paddy Smile im from tyrone btw
Thanks given by:
I'm just out side of newry hw for is that from u if u need pics of the turbo the is sum in my 2.0l conrods thread lol 
Thanks given by:
2.1 injectors are bigger than 1.9 ones and according to myth they have a different spray pattern. But unless one of the KIA on here can confirm
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
I'm In around derry/strabane paddy. I clocked it up on maps and its coming up 75miles from my door to Newry. Deffiently interested in the turbo. Pm me price
Thanks given by:
Sent u pm there so Wat u going to do about the Pump and injector u go in to have a bash at it up self :-)
Thanks given by:
Nearly at 100posts so I can reply to PM' s soon. Yea I'm gonna get a Bosch, lines & injectors soon.
Thanks given by:
Well lad just get a bosch and 1.9 bosch injectors. Be grand Smile

Ya plannin on keepin the wastegate on the td04 or weldin it shut?

Ill hopfully have a tdo4 in about a week or so Smile

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
Keep the wastegate chap. Its more effort but better control. Burn the same amount of fuel with less boost.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 04:36 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: 2.1 injectors are bigger than 1.9 ones and according to myth they have a different spray pattern. But unless one of the KIA on here can confirm

Injectors are identical buddy. Spray pattern also the same.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bigger turbo suggestions? Something handy found? Logue1996 8 3,482 28-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  bigger turbo adapters craig-dodd 16 6,683 04-02-2017, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Fitting turbo pbell283 9 1,544 21-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: pbell283