idle\throttle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
idle\throttle
I'm getting a dip in revs when I use anything electric, and slow response changing through the gears, any ideas?
Thanks given by:
What size engine? Might help people out diagnosing your problem and what year?
Thanks given by:
bad throttle response in general? look at the throttle cable first, if it's slack, it'll be that, otherwise you'll be looking through sensors for stuff making the car over/underfuel, or tps stuff like that,

as for dipping revs, i find that ever car i've had dips slightly (maybe 100 revs or so) when using something with a fairly high load like headlights or rear screen heater
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2015, 10:10 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: What size engine? Might help people out diagnosing your problem and what year?

Its a 1997 phase 2 1.6, its also developed a grating noise when idling,I've got new head gasket, valves before Xmas, it sounds like its coming from air filter, when my induction kit finally arrives I can troubleshoot that part I guess.
Thanks given by:
Rough idle today leading to a stall? Fluctuating revs on start up with my phase 1 1996 1.6 petrol, I drove 12 miles in to town parked up went for an appointment and returned after about half an hour, started her up and the revs were up and down between 700-1300 for a few seconds and then stalled!
I wasn't using any lights or extra elects at the time either!
I started her back up and left the parking spot tickling the revs and clutch to get off and it nearly stalled again as I dipped the clutch as i approached traffic, drove on cautiously for a mile an no more fluctuations so back on to the motorway and home with no more signs of trouble! Any ideas???
I did a bit of cleaning in engine bay last night but I've had a look and all looks ok!
Thanks given by:
idle control valve that by the sounds
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 05:12 PM)John1.4 Wrote: idle control valve that by the sounds

ive scanned though the haynes manual but where is the idle control valve, i will have a go at cleaning it myself when i get chance.
Thanks given by: