Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
berlingo
Asking for a friend and my own curiosity..........1.4 petrol 2002 with a "lpg" convertion............berlingo

Starts very well but just wont run properly........from his description it may kangaroo when given throttle. misfires and very poor performance, no performance at all really.

I have not seen the car or driven it as he is some miles away from me.........

Haynes manual for the 306 shows a 1.4 petrol multi point fuel injection........

This system has a fuel pressure regulator and in tank fuel pump, similar idea to hdi diesel...also a throttle potentiometer and air flow sensor.

So some hdi diagnostics would transfer?? 

I realise the parts would be different cos its a petrol.

But the theory might apply.

He has changed stuff like fuel filter, air filter, coil pack and stuff like that, and it "flitting" about ......he suggested injectors next......

If it where a hdi I would suggest.....fuel low pressure pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, throttle pot, air flow sensor..........all info gained from here as the manual is not that brilliant, thanks pug306oc!!!!!

I will be seeing him Saturday unless he is working as he is a friend and one good turn deserves an other etc......

Any ideas??

He feels confident its a fuel problem rather than ign.........its running on petrol at the moment.

Hi gav if you look in.....

Thanks  for all help.
Thanks given by: