FAI Water Pumps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAI Water Pumps
Hi All,

Just ringing around for quotes on parts for the major service I'm planning on doing on Kirsty's new 306. I'm intending to do a cam belt and water pump, as well as all the other bits to get us off to a good start since the history says all it's had since 2008 when Pug last did the cam belt has ben oil changes.

Phoned a few places and Parkers, the local independent parts supplier here in loughborough, have been able to do me a price for a gates belt kit and an FAI water pump that's really good, but I'm not sure about FAI since I've never heard of them before. By the way the price for the belt kit was £53+VAT and the water pump 17+VAT (trade).

Does any one have any experience with their water pumps to tell me whether it's any good or not?

Richard
Thanks given by:
FAI will be fine for the water pump chap, have used lots of FAI gaskets / parts before and had good luck / quality with them Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by: RAW
Cheers Darren, Thanks for the quick response Smile

Rich
Thanks given by:
I use FAI parts for almost everything, would highly recommend them
Thanks given by:
I also use fai for many things great quality!
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 04:55 PM)RAW Wrote: Hi All,  

Just ringing around for quotes on parts for the major service I'm planning on doing on Kirsty's new 306.  I'm intending to do a cam belt and water pump, as well as all the other bits to get us off to a good start since the history says all it's had since 2008 when Pug last did the cam belt has ben oil changes.  

Phoned a few places and Parkers, the local independent parts supplier here in loughborough, have been able to do me a price for a gates belt kit and an FAI water pump that's really good, but I'm not sure about FAI since I've never heard of them before.  By the way the price for the belt kit was £53+VAT and the water pump 17+VAT (trade).  

Does any one have any experience with their water pumps to tell me whether it's any good or not?  

Richard

Have a look for a dayco cambelt kit they are an oe manufacturer 
KTB115 is the xud kit I'd expect to pay around the £50 mark inc the vat
Saleri water pumps are very good quality once again they are a manufacturer rather than a boxer of parts like fai or first line saleri oe supply bmw and merc! 
Just something else to think about Smile
Thanks given by: RAW
(17-02-2015, 05:25 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: FAI will be fine for the water pump chap, have used lots of FAI gaskets / parts before and had good luck / quality with them Smile

fai gaskets are shite did a head gasket on a caddy and the gasket split round the inside of the fireing ring
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 10:13 PM)vinny Wrote:
(17-02-2015, 05:25 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: FAI will be fine for the water pump chap, have used lots of FAI gaskets / parts before and had good luck / quality with them Smile

fai gaskets are shite did a head gasket on a caddy and the gasket split round the inside of the fireing ring

Hm, That's interesting, Obviously I can only go by my own experience, but I havent had anything fail yet, and to be fair, they always arrive and look to be high quality parts...

Use them alot for Jap stuff, trucks and 4x4's alot...no issues yet...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Ive just a few FAI parts in the past and I've never had any issues. Would say the parts have always looked of good quality as well but obviously the proof is in the time!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
i always use elring payen or victor reinz i think you wud be better of using a better qaulity waterpump get one from eurocarparts if it fcuks up at least you can claim for parts and labour
Thanks given by:
I would always use VR out of choice....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
thanks everyone, I'll have an ask at parkers when i go down and see if they have an alternative one they can supply. As for using a gates belt kit, the quality difference from a day kit to a gates kit was massive when i last did the belt on my D24TIC, so I'll steer clear of dayco as a personal preference, even if there are only 8 valves at stake this time rather than 12!

Cheers all,

Rich
Thanks given by:
i dont like dayco belts always use gates the dayco belts r visably thinner on the back
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Cheap" new water pumps (£15) silverzx 22 6,591 11-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Last Post: ConorTRG
  What pumps are these? bobertmate 8 2,160 16-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Mal
  1.5 derv fuel pumps procta 24 8,598 29-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Last Post: procta